shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Building coils
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/30/2013 7:00:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Stever
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Building coils
I am very new to rbas, and I would like to know if the kit comes with instructions on building coils or if any of you know any good YouTube links that show me how to build coils for this atty, either single or double, but I've been reading here in the topics that single coils work better. I also just saw that you could build coils with organic cotton balls. Please stop me if i'm jumping ahead of myself and should just start slow with what's provided in the kit
#2 (permalink)      10/30/2013 7:32:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pablo
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 187
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos84
+2 details
you will have no issues in building coils, it really is as easy as wrapping a piece of wire around some wick.

just stay safe and if you havent got the ability to check continuity/resistance in ohms, then pls buy a volt/multi meter before you start.

cotton wool (like your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend uses) works great with microcoils(check youtube)

the main thing have fun and try too keep eliquid usage below 10ml a day lol
iggle piggle ate my cat
#3 (permalink)      10/30/2013 9:23:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 28569
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos55891
+1 details
Here is a good video showing easy way to build coils. It says for Vivi Nova / Kanger T3 but will work for anything,

Machine screw coil wrap

More videos found here on YouTube: Building coils click here

Edited on 10/30/2013 at 9:30 PM. Reason:
http://i.imgur.com/fKSQtVA.jpg..........You self made victims crack me up. =D
#4 (permalink)      10/30/2013 9:30:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 28569
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos55891
+1 details
You can also just buy pre-made ones here : Premade coils click here
Just pick the ohms you prefer in the pre-made coils

This is probably your best option while you are learning to make your own to have on hand.

Then buy some wick and wire to practice, You will need a multimeter as stated above or a device that will check ohms like a Vamo or a SVD

Edited on 10/30/2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason:
http://i.imgur.com/fKSQtVA.jpg..........You self made victims crack me up. =D
#5 (permalink)      10/31/2013 10:04:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Stever
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
Thanks everyone for the help! Gonna pick up one of those multimeters, cant wait to start building, I got bored of just using cartos and dct tanks
#6 (permalink)      11/2/2013 12:09:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Panga
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 822
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos903
+1 details
Hi Stever :)

I am also newish to RBAs. If you want a nice easy set up for an RBA you could check out the video here

The video is for a 'genesis' (am RBA which has a tank underneath it). Its easy to adapt it for the IGo-L just use enough cotton to create a wick that covers most of the IGo-L base. I did everything else exactly the same as the video. I used 11 wraps of 30 AG Kanthal, and cotton from an organic brand facepad. It was quick and very easy.

Note: I only made a single coil. It came out to 2.1 Ohms

I am now puffing my homemade peach juice and it is a wonderful vape. I am very happy indeed :)

Edited on 11/2/2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason:
Get the Sentient Vape podcast at www.soundcloud.com/sentientvape
#7 (permalink)      11/13/2013 3:45:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Stever
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
I accidently posted this in another topic but this is where im at...

So I've been trying to make my own coils but I've had no luck. I've used silica wick, and ekowool. I've tried small micro coils, and the basic 3\4 wraps with 28 gauge kanthal but all I get is really harsh hits. I also have tried torching the wick and wire like most videos say to do, I'm ready to give up, I'm using a k101 with igo l.I'm using a 50/50 6mg juice. I have a vamo 5 on the way but I doubt the mod has anything to do with it. Any suggestions?
#8 (permalink)      11/20/2013 8:39:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ted404
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Try adding a few more wraps to see if that helps
#9 (permalink)      12/1/2013 3:05:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dubvape
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Hey Stever try moving your air hole to where it's directly in front of your coil. I had the same problem then I did that and I get the smoothest hits ever. But I use organic cotton with micro coils. I hope I helped.
#10 (permalink)      12/2/2013 1:11:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Stever
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
So my vamo came and the coils I was making were ok,between 1.4 - 2.0. After giving it a few more wraps I still got same burnt taste. I tried poisoning the hole on cap but no difference. Tried a few different juices no luck.
#11 (permalink)      12/2/2013 3:27:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
socom57
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2937
  • Reviews 215
  • Kudos3149
+2 details
Hey Stever, It may be as simple as drilling out your air hole to get it going right. Getting the proper air flow is very important. Read the reviews, you'll see that many people are drilling the air hole bigger. Don't drill it too big though, just a little at a time, till it works for you. Between 1.8mm to 2.0mm seems to be what folks are drilling the hole to. Also if you want to build duel coils you will need to drill a hole on the opposite side of the cap.
Watch YouTube vids & ask whatever questions you need here. We’re all here to help one another out.

Good Luck,

Edited on 12/6/2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason:
"A little 'Critical Thinking' goes a long way".