shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Interesting - Better Vape
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/26/2015 5:34:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ARDV8
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos8
Interesting - Better Vape
Was just reading the thread about Locking the device and someone posted hold + and - for 2 to 3 seconds.

In temperature mode I did this and as stated it sets the base line resistance. I held it down until the screen went off.

Pressed the fire button and it briefly showed the resistance before going back to home screen.

BUT the vape has been improved, more of it, warmer and more dense.

Will try this again on a different build and also let it go dry to see if temperature kicks in to avoid dry coil
#2 (permalink)      8/26/2015 5:43:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ARDV8
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos8
Just tried it on another build. Held + and - for a few seconds, vape ok

Let it cool and then held them again for about 30 seconds and vape a lot better.

When I held them for a few seconds and let go the resistance is still displayed on the screen, but when holding them longer and letting go instantly back to home screen.

Maybe it needs a longer hold to set the resistance, or I am holding too long and it wrecking the setting, but vape is much better
#3 (permalink)      8/29/2015 1:30:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jeepster67
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 119
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos38
You're probably locking the resistance at a higher temp. Your coil needs to be room temp when you lock the resistance. Locking the resistance after preheating it tricks the board into getting hotter than it's set for. Basically it is the same as turning your temp up.
http://dudeism.com/
#4 (permalink)      8/29/2015 2:49:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ARDV8
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos8
I thought that to start with, so let the coil sit for an hour, then did the short press, not a bad vape, let it sit for an another hour then long press, better vape. Strange thing is, it reads the resistance the same both times, but a longer hold of the + and - seems to make a difference.

Great device for the money either way