shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Doesnt work
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/6/2016 9:51:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jimsvr4
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Doesnt work
I just got mine yesterday. When I put fully charged Sony vtc5 batteries in the unit does nothing after pushing the fire button five times. If I plug in the usb it says batteries low and nothing works. Am I doing something wrong? I have a few other vw mods and have never had a problem with them working. I'm thinking mine is defective and they said I need to video the problem before they would issue a refund or exchange. I read they warranty this product up to 45 days after receiving. Do I really need to video my problem showing them it's not working before they will except that there is a problem. And on top of that they said I need to do a you tube video because they don't support any kind of video messaging. Is this normal? Really?
#2 (permalink)      1/6/2016 10:12:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
patrico1112
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2138
  • Reviews 436
  • Kudos1961
The whole video thing is bullshit not everyone owns a camera. File a chargeback or a paypal dispute if they won't listen to you.

Edited on 1/6/2016 at 10:19 PM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      1/6/2016 10:25:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1955
What way did you inserted your batteries ?
Are they touching the mod's contacts correctly ?

Edited on 1/6/2016 at 11:48 PM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      1/6/2016 10:31:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4168
This is the "S" variant of the IPV4 so there is no on board charging in it and a outside charger must be used.. The USB is for updates only.. The fire button needs to be pressed 5 times quickly to start..
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#5 (permalink)      1/6/2016 11:03:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jorgelarocha
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 873
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos548
Check list.

1- Be sure that your batteries are fully charged.
Use an external charger. This mod doesn't charge batteries.

2- Insert the first battery with correct polarity.

3- Insert the second battery with correct polarity and looking at the screen.
If nothing appears on the screen, something is wrong with your mod.

4- Press quickly the power button many times (more than 5) until something appears on the scree.

5- If your mod is broken and you don't have the means to do a video say so to the staff.

6- I they don't want to listen to you, inform the staff that you are going to open a Paypal dispute.

7- If they further do not react, then open the dispute.
#6 (permalink)      1/7/2016 3:10:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crustydownunder
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 148
  • Reviews 277
  • Kudos30
FT website doesn't support video, yet they insist on one? I don't get that.
Besides, what if my phone/computer does not support video, than am I screwed?
What if I don't subscribe to youtube?

I mean, I get they have to protect themselves, but lets be honest, this hard and fast rule is just beyond realistic.
#7 (permalink)      1/12/2016 1:49:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jonsin
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 929
  • Reviews 18
  • Kudos383
i think you messed the polarity. Even if it looks so, it comes in serial

+ -

- +

try it and it should work.. when not .. contact painpal
**A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer***
#8 (permalink)      1/12/2016 8:51:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jimsvr4
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+2 details
Well I figured out what the problem was. The batteries I'm using didn't make contact on the positive sides. I'm using Sony vtc5's and the ends are recessed just enough to not make contact. I'm not sure if it's from some of my mech mods being too tight or what. Anyways they said I didn't need to send a video if I didn't have a way to do it but it would help process a return if I took a pic of the unit in my hand. Not really sure how that would help but anyways they were very supportive in taking care of the problem. I don't think there would have been a problem if I didn't figure out what the problem was. They would have either refunded my money or replaced the unit. Either way they said it would make it right. I've done a lot of business with them and have never had any problems with their customer service. They stand behind there products. Thanks to all who responded to this forum. Jim