shopping cart empty
Koh Gen Do-Muji-Puff: differences-preferences-ranking?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      10/8/2015 2:24:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Shaggxor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos12
Vaperschoicecotton has a description of the product, I didn't actually buy it from them. Found another vendor selling their product w/ free shipping on eBay. I think it was 11.68 for the jar.
I'm boring in real life too.
#22 (permalink)      10/14/2015 3:12:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Shaggxor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos12
Got my order of the supima cotton today. I've been vaping on it all afternoon.
First the pros
Noticeable flavor increase. Very easy to work with. Definitely holds more juice. Can visably see it wicking better, holds way more juice at the coils & I can see it drying from the bottom up.
Cons
Shockingly small amount of cotton for the price. I mean 36" sounds like a lot but I used at least 1" to wick my coils, if not a tad more(probably more, I will measure next time I wick my coils). I'll put a quarter next to the jar and post a photo later..
Overall
is it better? Hell yes. Is it worth the price? Depends on how long the wick last's. I'll post again later letting you know how long until I had to change my cotton.
I'm boring in real life too.
#23 (permalink)      1/22/2016 6:36:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dudus66
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 35
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos4
Shaggxor wrote:

I'll post again later letting you know how long until I had to change my cotton.

... So this must worth the price, since you have not changed your cotton yet for more than two years, I suppose, because you haven't posted again about it... ;)

#24 (permalink)      1/22/2016 8:44:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 4570
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3047
I bought some of the Supima cotton to try for myself. It's good but it's weird, it's like fine hair to work with. The flavor was good, but over Muju I would say about 5-10% better. The break in time was almost nothing at all. Odd thing was it's hard to say how long the stuff lasted because my coils where all gunked up before the wicking went bad. So I ended up pulling it out, pre it being the cause.

There where slight dark marks on it but I think it was just coil gunk not burning.

I guess I could try putting the same wick back in after I dry burn the coils, but that seems a little silly to me.

Some liquids just gunk up your coils, so if that's the type it kind of wastes this stuff. For the price I still like the Muji, I get a ton of it, huge bag for 9-12.00 US. Plus I can do the Scottish roll/Swiss roll what ever you want to call it wicking with that. I get more pulls doing that then with this stuff, but it's using a ton more so I should.

The brand I bought of the Supima was the F5 by Vape_Nyne. I got the small bag, but there was a surprising amount in it considering it's rolled into a coil, and you really don't need allot of it. If your hard core into getting every bit of flavor out of your liquid, and use a flavor atty only, then yeah I would suggest this. If your going by the % better, to the cost I would use the Muji or KGD what ever you prefer. If you don't give two shits about any of that grab a bag of organic no chemical cotton balls for less then the price of all of these options.

I had a previous issue with cotton bacon and I spoke with the company and they said that happens, they were really cool about it and sent me some fresh stuff. I have not tried that yet but I will be curious if that beats these others.

There are a few wicking comparison tests but allot of the tests are not very real world application in some of them. Also your wicking and gunk could depend on your wire I only use Kanthal and no temp control, so that might give this a big edge if that is some thing that does not gunk your coils.