shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

270 and counting... False alarm
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      12/20/2016 8:47:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 15348
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos50857
+1 details
Vapor wrote:

Once seen a front door that the lady of the house hung a wreath on the inside... When you walked up to the outside of the door about 3 inches of the business end of a 60d was sticking out of the door... Must admit most solid wreath hang I have ever witnessed...

That's only half the story. The end of the nail sticking out of the door, was clearly for the outside wreath. A two wreath nail, so to speak. Ingenious! :-)

“You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.” Elwood P. Dowd
#22 (permalink)      12/20/2016 8:49:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 25007
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20043
LOL you are onto something...
Heaven has a wall and strict immigration policies. Hell has open borders.
#23 (permalink)      12/20/2016 9:20:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3595
  • Reviews 105
  • Kudos4053
Vapor wrote:

270 days of daily use and abuse... It was a good run...Notice the area around the red wire... The board still completely works except no power out... Cost to use about 9 cents a day...

Aha. Considered a couple of times starting a post to gather info on the expected lifespan of a regulated device. My 100w Stick lasted 5 months, my fault though. VCMT, didn't fit flush but I used anyway, loosened the top, negative connection came away. Fixable but I can't be bothered, happy with tubes at present.

Interesting question though, how long has your VV/VW lasted. Is 270 days good? I have no idea. If your regulated device gives up after six months, is that good enough. If your microwave or toaster gave up same you would return, I think.

Perhaps worthy of a new post.

How long does your VV/VW device last before it dies.

What should you expect?, any other electrial device lasts for years.

#24 (permalink)      12/20/2016 9:25:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 15348
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos50857
+1 details
Vapor wrote:

LOL you are onto something...

Hope nobody steals the idea. I would call it "The Moosnail" or "The Two Gummi Spike". I guess it's uncopyrightable anyway.

(Uncopyrightable - interesting word. The longest without repeating letters, from what I've heard.)

“You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.” Elwood P. Dowd
#25 (permalink)      12/20/2016 9:30:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23171
@Russ

Perhaps it was the iStick model?
Not saying that it was but of the iSticks, of which I have owned quite a few, that one I chose not to purchase,
for some reason I cant explain?

For the money, these little Picos are great.
I use two every day and I think I have had mine as long if not a week or two longer than Vapor, if he bought his here on the pre-order?
But I dont use either of them all day long, just here and there throughout the day.

Have 2 eVics so far in use and one I have used consistently over a year now.
The second about 2 months less.
Still running perfectly well.

I haven't had any vw mods die on me since the iStick 50 and 3 of those did.

Edited on 12/20/2016 at 9:31 PM. Reason: @Russ
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#26 (permalink)      12/20/2016 9:43:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 25007
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20043
+1 details
RussG wrote:

Interesting question though, how long has your VV/VW lasted. Is 270 days good? I have no idea. If your regulated device gives up after six months, is that good enough. If your microwave or toaster gave up same you would return, I think.

Perhaps worthy of a new post.

How long does your VV/VW device last before it dies.

What should you expect?, any other electrial device lasts for years.

Did not die after all... 271 and counting :)

Depends on the cost and how hard the device is used/abused... My Pico has taken more abuse than any Mod should ever endure... Back pocket the entire time I worked roofing, tiling, and a bunch of other tasks... Dropped kicked smashed... At 25 dollars if I had to buy one every 6 months it wouldn't break the bank...

#27 (permalink)      12/20/2016 9:49:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 25007
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20043
+1 details
Moosgummi wrote:

Vapor wrote:
LOL you are onto something...Hope nobody steals the idea. I would call it "The Moosnail" or "The Two Gummi Spike". I guess it's uncopyrightable anyway.

(Uncopyrightable - interesting word. The longest without repeating letters, from what I've heard.)

Handy for hanging notes on... Oh and seriously don't let the door hit you.... on the way out! Ouch!

Edited on 12/20/2016 at 10:13 PM. Reason:
#28 (permalink)      12/20/2016 10:04:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3595
  • Reviews 105
  • Kudos4053
+2 details
ShelaghStone wrote:

@RussPerhaps it was the iStick model?Not saying that it was but of the iSticks, of which I have owned quite a few, that one I chose not to purchase,for some reason I cant explain?For the money, these little Picos are great.I use two every day and I think I have had mine as long if not a week or two longer than Vapor, if he bought his here on the pre-order?But I dont use either of them all day long, just here and there throughout the day.Have 2 eVics so far in use and one I have used consistently over a year now.The second about 2 months less.Still running perfectly well.I haven't had any vw mods die on me since the iStick 50 and 3 of those did.

I am not complaining,just asking a question. I prefer tubes nowadays, my regulated device history.
I Stick 30/50/100. If the Pico was in stock would have bought that rather than the 100W. Tubes are good for me but if I was to buy a regulated device I would go for the Pico.

#29 (permalink)      12/20/2016 10:47:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23171
^ never thought you were complaining - understood the question - just as i would not dare to judge a pico by the failure of the 50w, perhaps the 100 was similar?

Sometimes bad luck.
Think it was Vape4More that had a pico die quickly but generally I have only heard good things about it, especially for the price,

Know you prefer your tubes - but yes, you should spring for a pico.
Worth every cent.
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#30 (permalink)      12/21/2016 3:51:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 15348
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos50857
Pico and evic vtc mini are pretty well build work horses. Another factor is the number of mods in ones possession. The more regs and mechs you have in rotation, the longer will each individual one last.

When I started to vape over 15W and slowly stopped using the old vamo, I had just a 30W box mod and a cloupor mini when it came out. I used that almost exclusively for a while and some mechs. I needed to repair it pretty soon.

Edited on 12/21/2016 at 3:55 AM. Reason:
#31 (permalink)      12/21/2016 6:38:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3595
  • Reviews 105
  • Kudos4053
+1 details
Sold. Pico for me then. No point in me getting excited Xmas morning. Santa's fat chinese cousin takes three weeks to deliver.