shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

I got this.....do not buy
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      7/7/2016 5:01:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jeggedda
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5230
  • Reviews 222
  • Kudos5984
Ok..I have to change my opinion on this now. I installed the QCS .25 ohm coil in it a week ago. It has been working flawlessly since I installed it. Running it at 30/35 watts and besides a minor flooding/spit back when it is just filled ( which to get rid of just turn upside down over a paper towel and shake a few times ) I have had ZERO problems with it. keeps up nicely with juice flow and has a shit-ton better airflow than the original cubis.

Just opened up the coil and the cotton looks like brand new. The coil was kinda black but ran a q-tip inside it and rotated a few times and a crapload of gunk came off of it. put it back together and it's vaping just as good as it was when brand new. But then again, before I cleaned it it was working just as good as brand new too.

I think this atty with the QCS coil is a keeper!

Edited on 7/7/2016 at 5:03 PM. Reason:
" The next time you have a thought... let it go. " - Ron White
#12 (permalink)      7/7/2016 5:09:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deadalexxx
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 1843
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos370
Is that the one with that bumpy ring on the bottom?
#13 (permalink)      7/7/2016 5:16:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jeggedda
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5230
  • Reviews 222
  • Kudos5984
Yes. I bought 10 extra of them ( don't really need because they are rebuildable ) but easy to throw an extra one in the pocket for out running around.

REALLY impressed with these coils.
#14 (permalink)      7/7/2016 5:56:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deadalexxx
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 1843
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos370
Does the airflow really get more airy? Vs the normal notch coil? I disliked the airflow to little for my tastes and the taste on the coil was not that good for me
#15 (permalink)      7/7/2016 6:21:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jeggedda
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5230
  • Reviews 222
  • Kudos5984
Just the the old notch coil back into the pro. Spitting like a bitch. Less airflow than the QCS ( which is a notch coil too but redesigned ). drip tip getting hot as fuck at 30 watts.

Going back to the QCS. Best coil I have tried so far. Next would be the .5 ohm with the top screen removed.

I am direct lung hit type.
#16 (permalink)      7/7/2016 7:52:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1955
Vape is too hot + flooding = not enough airflow 99% of the time, and/or a too low wattage(coils heat flux is too low for the size of the juice channels).

As Jeggedda wrote, the cubis notch coil need ~30W.
Below that, the ramp up can increase to a point where the tank heat more than produce juice vapor.

Floading when not vaping can be caused by the above, or a bad tank's seal.
#17 (permalink)      7/7/2016 11:03:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deadalexxx
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 1843
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos370
I had given up on this tank the original notch coil is just stewing in there atm when ever my griffin 25 is run dry I'll try it agian buddy had sold me a new mermaid mini sub tank for 5 bucks it uses herakles plus coils it came with the .4 I kinda wanna try that 1st but I'm curious about the cubis plus.......I'm just spoiled with rtas....I love my airflow not like to much the griffin 25 is perfect it's kinda like the gemini airflow. the double vision rda for example with both air holes fully open that's to much for me

Edited on 7/7/2016 at 11:05 PM. Reason:
#18 (permalink)      7/8/2016 2:49:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
eric1848
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 1728
  • Reviews 210
  • Kudos1834
i don't have Cubis Pro but I do using Cubis system like Notch coil on eGrip2 and AIO with RBA.
I also got flooding on my tank at the very first 2 days...
I did clean up all the internal parts after I refill the tank every time ...
because it also sound floody if the top cap air slot still have 1 or 2 drops juice left..
after that it's super nice vape without flooding sound.

just share my little thought...
I'm using 0.25ohm Notch coil on eGrip2 with SS TC mode, 410F at 36W setting.
it gave me very smooth warm MTL vape and very tasteful.(maxVG)
SMPL, eGo AIO and Pico with SS316 coil is my daily combo on 2016. I Quit smoking for years and very enjoying vaping MaxVG now @YVR... Vape safe mate:D
#19 (permalink)      7/8/2016 3:50:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1955
eric1848 wrote:

because it also sound floody if the top cap air slot still have 1 or 2 drops juice left..

Actually, a bit come from the chimney and drip tip and a bit from pressure when closing the tank with wet top cap's threads.

I blow those drops and wick's juice back in the tank after opening it, wipe the top cap's and tank's threads, refill, and close it back.
I am getting less flooding this way.

#20 (permalink)      7/11/2016 11:24:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thesilverguild
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 1451
  • Reviews 177
  • Kudos725
deadalexxx wrote:

So far it floods u got to vape through it but man! Super hot juice kills ur taste buds idk if I can taste anymore..........if u just fire it for 2 sec it kinda go's away my jucie tastes mapley? It's strawberry yogurt. ......... the tank gets burning hot after 2-3 hits.... I saw some where coils need to break in on sub tanks? How long does that take or do they all have there own break in times? Im useing the notch coil at 40ws some info on subs tanks for a noobs from owners would be kool I'm a rta nut so no sub tank experience
(This is my 1st sub tank)

Thanks for the heads up. I have a hand full of Cubis notch-coils. From what others are saying I might as well keep trying to use them up in the regular Cubis & forget the pro!

Sometimes company's such as Joyetech spend to much tome & money trying to fix things when they should just scrap it & move on to another project.!

Edited on 7/11/2016 at 11:25 PM. Reason:
"Read Everything, Listen to Everyone, Don't Trust Anything Unless You Can Prove It Within Your Own Research." ~William Cooper~ https://www.minds.com/media/662415586231328779
#21 (permalink)      7/11/2016 11:25:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deadalexxx
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 1843
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos370
+1 details
I agree 100% scrap the idea seems great on paper but useing it's mehhhh I loved the idea....