shopping cart empty
Well... shit. Snapped the squonk pin.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/2/2017 1:22:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inswva
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 92
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos131
+3 details
Well... shit. Snapped the squonk pin.
Received my Nixon yesterday and snapped the squonk pin in half trying to snug it up. I didn't use a lot of force. The walls of the pin are laughably thin. Be careful, folks.

edit to add: If anyone in the US has a Nixon 1.5 and doesn't intend to use it for squonking, I'll gladly purchase your squonk pin. Thanks!

Edited on 11/2/2017 at 1:29 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      11/2/2017 2:38:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3703
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5358
+1 details
Oooh damn... Sorry to hear that!

Yeah, I don't trust those brass BF pins, much rather have stainless. At Least they won't snap like a twig, just by looking at em wrong. Most of the time I'll pay extra for a YFTK product, just because they come with a stainless steel squonk pin. To bad the Nixon uses such a specialized pin, or I'd try and dream up something that might work for you.

Been squonking two Nixon 1.5's (black and silver) and wouldn't part with either... Maybe FT will help replace that *cough* defective pin? Can't hurt to ask! GL
Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#3 (permalink)      11/2/2017 2:50:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inswva
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 92
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos131
+1 details
I don't think it's even brass. Yellow plated Chinesium is my guess. I also much prefer stainless pins. Much stronger and no guessing game about which mystery metal your juice is flowing through.

I put in a product request for spare Nixon squonk pins. I'm not holding my breath but it sure would be nice.
#4 (permalink)      11/4/2017 5:49:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ckchan
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Mine too. Not even have a chance to coil it.
#5 (permalink)      11/4/2017 8:22:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3703
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5358
+2 details
I've installed 2 of these BF pins (pretty tight I might add) and didn't have a problem with either. Just speculating, but both of mine were purchased elsewhere and from earlier batches. Maybe Gas Mods changed the supplier for the pin since? Or, it was simply a bad mixture of Chinesium? IDK

But clearly the "new supply" of these BF pins are far too brittle and FT needs address the issue. I did find a site selling just the BF pin, but they're in Italy. Click on the pic, it'll take you there. I'll also submit the link in a product request. Please don't hesitate in doing the same, and opening a ticket if your BF pin snapped. It'll help others in the long run...;)
Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#6 (permalink)      11/4/2017 10:27:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
darrenchia
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 103
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos29
+1 details
Contact Gas Mods and ask for one. The person who replied to me was friendly and responsive. Should be able to get one with ease if you pay for shipping.
#7 (permalink)      11/15/2017 6:24:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4573
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos4417
+4 details
Now available 3lsewhere. They are described as gold plated stainless steel $1.29. I will put in a product request.
Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#8 (permalink)      1/25/2018 4:17:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VTEC_
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 897
  • Reviews 230
  • Kudos410
Spare Squonk Pins(3)
Spare Squonk Pins(5)

Edited on 1/25/2018 at 4:18 AM. Reason: