shopping cart empty
diameter
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/18/2018 4:42:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ROuazzani
  • JoinedFeb 2018
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos3
diameter
diameter please ?
#2 (permalink)      1/2/2019 11:09:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapoorer
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos63
+1 details
They are:
3mm id
&
4.3mm od

The Legs are 1.3mm wide and .66mm thick.

The Pictures they show are exactly how they look in person. The 36awg is spaced exactly like the image.

Edit: They are Magnetic so they are NOT stainless steel or atleast not 100% Full SS as they claim

Edited on 1/3/2019 at 12:59 AM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      1/3/2019 2:20:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5427
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7128
Stainless Steel can be made to be magnetic or not magnetic, depending on the intended application. I like it better when it is magnetic. It's easier to find a dropped piece.
#4 (permalink)      1/3/2019 3:27:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapoorer
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos63
+1 details
While that is true, when it comes to Vape stuff I have never bought Stainless Steel vape wire,coils or pre designed wire "Like clapton/fused clapton spools etc" in stainless steel where it came magnetic. Never!

I only buy Stainless steel and ive bought from almost every manufacture/brand on the internet to find my favorite wire.

There is No reason for it to be magnetic in this application.

Its most logical to me that its miss labeled or they used Kanthal then them making it magnetic.

I broke off about 1/4 inch of the outer 36AWG wrap and its not magnetic. "So some is magnetic while other part isnt" that isnt logical to me.

If i had to guess as i dont want to full destroy the coils The "6x Flat ribbon wire" is Kanthal "or Ni200" and the 2x29 and outer 36 is Stainless steel..

But thats just my 2cents.
#5 (permalink)      1/3/2019 4:51:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5427
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7128
When Stainless Steel was a new thing for coils, I bought some that was actually Kanthal and labeled as Stainless Steel. You could confirm it by doing the math on what the resistance should be if it is what it claims and the resistance of the same coil using the other suspected material.

Magnetic vs non-magnetic is not conclusive with Stainless Steel though. That's the only point I was trying to make.

Also, if it's Kanthal (which is always magnetic) Temp Control will not work. NI-80 nichrome cannot be magnetic.