shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Mod Getting HOT Over 40W
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/25/2019 10:40:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2051
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos3430
+2 details
airwinny wrote:

I don't get significantly more clouds with a Clapton coil at 50W than I do with a simple round wire coil at 25-30W, and flavor-wise there's really no difference at all.

Well said. I have 3 spools of clapton wire and a couple of other spools of 32, 34, 36 to make my own but at the end nothing beats a single/dual 26 or 24 wire. For every clapton i use, i probably use 10 normal coils.

We can't agree on everything.
#12 (permalink)      5/25/2019 11:37:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
3abdel
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
TruckinVapor wrote:

I haven't used flaptons or fraliens in years. Yet I can produse enought vapor to choke a horse. Lol

I'm on my mobile, so I'll have to link some SKU's later...

I think you are talking about SKU 8951910. Am I right?

#13 (permalink)      5/25/2019 11:44:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
3abdel
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
airwinny wrote:

TruckinVapor wrote:
I think Airwinny likes his Krma rda, maybe he can share his favorite build with you!
I use simply SS round wire, 26 ga, 3mm diameter coils, at around 0.7-0.75. Works perfect for me anywhere between 25-30W.

The Wasp has quite a bit more airflow, it really shouldn't get all that hot at 40-50W, even with humongous clapton-alien-whatevers.
But, 3abdel, you really don't need them in such small RDAs. I don't get significantly more clouds with a Clapton coil at 50W than I do with a simple round wire coil at 25-30W, and flavor-wise there's really no difference at all.
On a single battery mod, these fancy coils are really overkill and will just make you go through batteries like crazy

Thank you for the precision. So A simple or dual 26ga SS or N80 will give good flavor and much clouds as I understand. Any SKU's would be much appreciated guys.

#14 (permalink)      5/25/2019 11:47:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 7274
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos27530
+1 details
3abdel wrote:

Any SKU's would be much appreciated guys.

I always use this wire, from UD, have gone through several spools, and it always arrives squeaky clean: SKU 3237700

#15 (permalink)      5/25/2019 2:36:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5180
+1 details
3abdel wrote:

TruckinVapor wrote:
I haven't used flaptons or fraliens in years. Yet I can produce enough vapor to choke a horse. Lol

I'm on my mobile, so I'll have to link some SKU's later...

I think you are talking about SKU 8951910. Am I right?

Very close, good guess..;)

I've got this SKU 4455801 it's .2mm X .8mm SS 316L from MKWS. Bought it back when I was into TC vaping. You could use Ni80 or Kanthal as it'll be less "springy" to work with compared to SS. It's good, but it's not my end-all, be-all favorite..;)

I love simple round spaced coils for my restricted DL atty's. I'm also into flat wire single coils when I want that big air, cloud producing vape. I put them where most vapers would run duals. Since that's all ya need... Ramp-up (and cool down) time is next to nothing, so they prefer alot of air, and will out produce any claptons and the like with hits under a second in duration.

I really haven't found any builds more efficient for energy use, flavor and vapor production. Or builds that provide the surface area in contact with the wick, without being weighed down by MASS.

Living is the only thing worth dying for...