shopping cart empty
Authentic Panasonic NCR 18650B 3.7V 3400mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (4-Pack)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/13/2019 11:48:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Yaraslau
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+1 details
Authentic Panasonic NCR 18650B 3.7V 3400mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (4-Pack)
My last order from fasttech. I was always confident in the quality of the product and its originality from this store. But the last time I am disappointed very much. In my order B112235117 fasttech sold me unsuitable batteries SKU: 2204400. I ordered 4 batteries: 3 of them have a production date July 23, 2013 and one - June 26, 2012 !!! And at the same time they all have the same wrapper with a fake code 7130. For lithium, these are incredibly old batteries (from original cell date 2012 and 2013 year). In addition, the build quality of these batteries is very poor: a very large gap between the cell and the protection board and the protection board are poorly assembled.The support service refused to admit that I was right and insist on the date of production of batteries January 30, 2017 (7130).
#2 (permalink)      2/14/2019 1:55:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Centforfree
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 267
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos235
So now we cannot trust anymore Fasttech as well. Welcome to the fake game, FT! Good job.
#3 (permalink)      2/14/2019 3:39:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 7670
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4367
+1 details
Hello Yaraslau,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

We have forwarded your photos to our manufacturer and asked them to check your feedback one by one. Please don't worry, once we confirm our manufacturer offer us a wrong item, we will claim to them and offer the warranty for you immediately. We will send the confirmation for you as soon as we get from our manufacturer. By the way, could you please take some photos of the whole battery, then we will compare and keep them as proof to ask our manufacturer to double confirm?

We do really appreciate your understanding.
#4 (permalink)      2/14/2019 3:44:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Centforfree
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 267
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos235
Yaraslau wrote:

The support service refused to admit that I was right and insist on the date of production of batteries January 30, 2017 (7130).

That's the important part regarding FT's role. And such approach FT has to change.

#5 (permalink)      2/14/2019 4:51:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Becak
  • JoinedJun 2017
  • Posts 540
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos381
Anniepan wrote:

Hello Yaraslau,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

We have forwarded your photos to our manufacturer and asked them to check your feedback one by one. Please don't worry, once we confirm our manufacturer offer us a wrong item, we will claim to them and offer the warranty for you immediately. We will send the confirmation for you as soon as we get from our manufacturer. By the way, could you please take some photos of the whole battery, then we will compare and keep them as proof to ask our manufacturer to double confirm?

We do really appreciate your understanding.

Awesome, Anniepan

#6 (permalink)      2/15/2019 12:06:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Yaraslau
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+1 details
Anniepan, there is whole photos of the batteries I have ordered from your store.

In response to your message I want to say the following: this is not a wrong item of your manufacturer, it is a brazen deception on his part.
These batteries type are often fake. Here is a photo of the same battery that I bought on the aliexpress marketplace:

The most interesting thing is that this battery has the same date code as the batteries from your store. A coincidence is unlikely since my order with an aliexpress was in early 2018. The only explanation is that this date code is fake and was printed in advance on the wrapper.
And there is the photo of the correct battery as an example. This battery is from my old order from fasttech. The order was made like in 2016. Then you sent me batteries with a production date of 5602 = June 2, 2015

I tested your battery with date code 2616 on cell from the last order in your store and got the expected result: 2521 mAh!!! because the battery is too old and unusable. Normal capacity for these batteries should be 3200-3400 mAh. Testing was performed on the Turnigy Accucell 6 charger, discharge current 1 Amp from 4.20V to 3.0V.
#7 (permalink)      2/16/2019 1:56:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 7670
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4367
Hello Yaraslau,

Thanks for your clear photos.

Our manufacturer confirmed that the batteries are authentic and they never sell styled Panasonic batteries as these batteries are from factory directly. About the lower 2521 mAh, we have forwarded your photos and explanation to our manufacturer to double confirm. If they cannot give us reasonable solution these two days, we can offer the warranty for you first.

We do really appreciate your trust and understanding.
#8 (permalink)      2/16/2019 5:03:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151
That's a 3rd party addition (protection board, positive cap, etc.) to those batteries from AliX. It doesn't mean the battery itself fake. A 3rd party supplier adds that to the battery and it's up to them what components they use.

About the capacity, your end voltage is 3V. It can be discharged down to 2.5V.

In the test review, discharging down to 2.8V with a 1A load shows 3197mAh capacity.

Test/Review

The capacity also varies (improves) after subsequent cycles of a new battery.
#9 (permalink)      2/17/2019 10:00:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Yaraslau
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Thanks, Cap. What would we do without you?
Have you seen the build quality of the batteries from my order? Look again.
Gaps almost millimeter in size do not bother you? They tell me about poor build quality.
My charger has a lower limit for 3V Li-ion batteries. Do you know why? Because less than 3V in Li-ion batteries, a very small amount of energy remains. Have you seen the discharge graph from the test for which you referred? Look carefully:

And now look at the following picture:

I hope you know how to determine the date of production of Panasonic batteries? If you do not know then look
The author of the test from your link was very lucky because he had absolutely "fresh" batteries. But fasttech sent me batteries with a production date of 2012 and the beginning of 2013. Now it's 2019, do you think this is normal? I am surprised that they are capable of giving at least 2500 mAh!!!
Anniepan, wuwei.ap one last thing from me: I do not question the AUTHENTICITY of the batteries. These are really original Panasonic batteries. The protection board was added by a third-party company, since the Panasonic does not produce batteries with a protection board (at least such batteries are unknown to me). I am totally uncomfortable with the fact that fasttech sold me EXPIRED batteries and at the same time POOR BUILD QUALITY.
#10 (permalink)      2/18/2019 1:40:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 7670
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4367
Yaraslau wrote:

Anniepan, wuwei.ap one last thing from me: I do not question the AUTHENTICITY of the batteries. These are really original Panasonic batteries. The protection board was added by a third-party company, since the Panasonic does not produce batteries with a protection board (at least such batteries are unknown to me). I am totally uncomfortable with the fact that fasttech sold me EXPIRED batteries and at the same time POOR BUILD QUALITY.

Hello Yaraslau,

We claimed this issue to our manufacturer, they would like to offer a replacement for you. We will check and test the replacement then ship for you. Please kindly let us know your opinion. Thank you.

#11 (permalink)      7/17/2019 6:51:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
drclaw
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
You people are really buying 18650 cells on FT and expecting them to be authentic?