shopping cart empty
Some good dual 21700 reg mods?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      4/7/2019 5:55:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Travelman71
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 378
  • Reviews 215
  • Kudos193
Dreadbell wrote:

Travelman71 wrote:
Dreadbell wrote:
Its tempting though, looks like a sturdy vape... lights not a drain on the batteries though?!
They can and will be turned off on mine.
Oh they can turn off? Good. Can you set it to just one color or is it cycling/rainbow color when on?

As far as i remember its got red,green,blue and rainbow as the options. You will find out for sure on Voopoo's site or youtube review.

#12 (permalink)      4/7/2019 10:45:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Steamer861861
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos128
SKU 9627418 is real small for a dual 21700, works pretty Good on Arctic Fox :)
#13 (permalink)      4/8/2019 2:00:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dreadbell
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 113
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos27
Steamer861861 wrote:

SKU 9627418 is real small for a dual 21700, works pretty Good on Arctic Fox :)

Ironic you suggest that, I'm using it right now and want something along the lines of a box or something like a stretched out 18650 Aegas but for 21700s.

Something is spazzing out on the board as well, I've taken it apart, dried it... still doing it every now and again... so yeah, not 100% reliable imho

#14 (permalink)      4/8/2019 2:33:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dropin_Biking
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 165
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos151
+2 details
I've had a Wismec RX2 for almost 4 months now. I love it. Loaded it with arctic fox, and I've been enjoying it with the AVB batteries it came with. Solid aluminum case, I've torn it apart to paint it, and it looked good inside, went back together well. Nice big screen, doesn't tip over. Not the narrowest or smallest mod, but for what it is, it's great. The battery sled is thick and strong, the rails are deep and don't feel like they would bend or wear out. I haven't had any issues with the battery tray wanting to come off, and it's surprisingly hard to unlock the battery sled to remove the batteries. Overall can't complain in the slightest.

Fake it 'till you make it, and fraud it 'till they audit
#15 (permalink)      4/8/2019 5:30:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Steamer861861
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos128
Dreadbell wrote:

Something is spazzing out on the board as well, I've taken it apart, dried it... still doing it every now and again... so yeah, not 100% reliable imho

You can spend a lot on some thing high end & your still not guarantied Reliability!

Choices for dual 21700 are limited :( I guess it's the weight? They can get pretty heavy :( I'v had good luck with my RX! & Arctic Fox is a Bonus :)

#16 (permalink)      4/8/2019 2:17:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dreadbell
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 113
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos27
Steamer861861 wrote:

Dreadbell wrote:

You can spend a lot on some thing high end & your still not guarantied Reliability!

Choices for dual 21700 are limited :( I guess it's the weight? They can get pretty heavy :( I'v had good luck with my RX! & Arctic Fox is a Bonus :)

Yeah, not sure why its spazzing out... Its been reliable for oh say 4-5 months now... kinda bored of the form factor anyway. Prefer something more rounded or a box. Cheers and nice titanium blue color you got there!

#17 (permalink)      4/8/2019 2:20:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dreadbell
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 113
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos27
Dropin_Biking wrote:

I've had a Wismec RX2 for almost 4 months now. I love it. Loaded it with arctic fox, and I've been enjoying it with the AVB batteries it came with. Solid aluminum case, I've torn it apart to paint it, and it looked good inside, went back together well. Nice big screen, doesn't tip over. Not the narrowest or smallest mod, but for what it is, it's great. The battery sled is thick and strong, the rails are deep and don't feel like they would bend or wear out. I haven't had any issues with the battery tray wanting to come off, and it's surprisingly hard to unlock the battery sled to remove the batteries. Overall can't complain in the slightest.

Doesnt tip over? Mine has lol Yeah its easy to take apart and clean once you know to pull the sled downwards.Its an awesome mod, no doubt about that... but something is spazzing on the board now and again, battery indicators are going from zero to charged, switching from battery 1 to 2 and visa versa.. also not a huge fan of the form factor. Time for a change I think, something a little more rounded or a box. Cheers!

#18 (permalink)      4/9/2019 12:39:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dropin_Biking
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 165
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos151
Sucks about your RX2. I had a weird battery readout ONCE when I put my batteries in. It read 0.00 on one battery, and full pack voltage on the second battery. I just took the battery sled back off, double checked the pin on the sled, cleaned the contacts, and threw it back together and it was good. It was right after I bought it, so I was worried, but it hasn't happened since. It has fell over, and shit, I've dropped it a few times, had to repaint it once already, but it's certainly not easy to tip over.

I wish I could find something with the screen and features of the RX2 in more of a "normal" shape. That's the reason I'm looking for another dual 21700 right now. I want something with more of a normal form factor.
#19 (permalink)      4/9/2019 1:15:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dropin_Biking
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 165
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos151
Then again I've also seen there's a couple eLeaf iStick Tria's for sale for $23 here right now. They 3 x 18650, and it's compatible with arctic fox (Big selling point for me, all my mods are loaded with it) Looks like 22-23Wh is about the most I can get out of a 2x21700 with two Samsung 40T's vaping at the wattage I do. The Avatar batteries it comes with seems to do a couple Wh less at higher amps. With 3 Sony VTC6's on a triple 18650 mod I could be looking at the same 22-23Wh of life, running less voltage sag and drop than the 21700's, and capable of higher power if needed. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.
#20 (permalink)      4/9/2019 1:26:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dreadbell
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 113
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos27
Dropin_Biking wrote:

Sucks about your RX2. I had a weird battery readout ONCE when I put my batteries in. It read 0.00 on one battery, and full pack voltage on the second battery. I just took the battery sled back off, double checked the pin on the sled, cleaned the contacts, and threw it back together and it was good. It was right after I bought it, so I was worried, but it hasn't happened since. It has fell over, and shit, I've dropped it a few times, had to repaint it once already, but it's certainly not easy to tip over.

I wish I could find something with the screen and features of the RX2 in more of a "normal" shape. That's the reason I'm looking for another dual 21700 right now. I want something with more of a normal form factor.

Exact same problem with mine, but sometimes the battery indicator would jump up and down, both of them.

I removed the sled, cleaned contacts. Also, if you unscrew all the screws two on the side and four on the inside. Gently pull the bottom of the sled up while pulling down... when off, you might find some liquids building up in there. BUT, this still hasnt fixed the problem, something screwy with the board I reckon

My next mod for dual 21700 is the SKU 9690215 Voopoo might not be your thing though. Romours of the door breaking and the 510 plate coming lose when taking cap off from RDA are circulating. But apparently Voopoo are realeasing a newer batch that fixes these problems. As far as truth goes, I still havent found solid proof or official statement stating these.

Gonna buy it anyway, my RX 21700 board (or something) is spazzing out, even though its been throughly cleaned, dismantled etc

#21 (permalink)      4/9/2019 1:54:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dropin_Biking
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 165
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos151
Big selling point of the RX2 was the battery sled. Super strong, no chance of batteries flying out when dropped. I've seen too many battery doors wear and break. I'm pretty careful with my stuff, I have almost a 3 year old QC200 (internal 3s lipo) and it's still going strong, when alot of people have killed the packs within a year or two. There's nothing on it to really break off. The RX2 feels the same way. Magnetic doors, resin panels, or big battery doors worry me a bit when it comes to longevity.

Any chance of that RX2 being under warrenty? Or is it too late? Did you remove or check the screws circled here when you had it apart? I do remember them being surprisingly loose when I first took the mod apart.