Ok for 10mins
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      1/15/2014 10:49:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ambustus
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 588
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos357
+3 details
10 minutes is actually great result. If you check the instructions you will notice continuous burning time is no more than 8 minutes and recommended time is 5 minutes. What did you expect? It's a pencil torch after all.

Edited on 1/15/2014 at 10:51 AM. Reason:
#12 (permalink)      3/9/2014 3:50:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Markod
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 353
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos135
+1 details
It's £3 what do you expect.
Owner of Nemesis 0001.
#13 (permalink)      7/12/2014 2:48:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
disco35
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos24
+1 details
Mine spits gas but doesn't ignite....I have to use a lighter to light it :(
#14 (permalink)      7/16/2014 6:38:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5687
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5470
+1 details
Having problems after a couple of minutes is probably a pressure problem.

Either,

1: You are out of fuel.
2: the torch cannot maintain gas pressure at that setting. This could vary due to atmospheric conditions, ambient temperature, etc
3: you have air in the tank. When you have filled the tank, hold the torch so the fill valve is the highest point of the tank, and use a matchstick or similar to depress the fill valve for a couple of very short bursts till a spray of fuel comes back out instead of air. Tank is now purged. This should keep performance good. These tips apply to torches, lighters, butane soldering irons, etc
4: Poor quality butane fuel. Use only fuel carrying the 'Zero Impurities' logo. London gas, Win, Xikar etc. Cheaper, dirtier fuels block up lighters and torches. And probably deposit more crap on your coils from their own burning.

Can one of you who owns this torch tell me, will it ignite in its regular lighter style flame setting with a small flame set? I've had torches in the past that won't

Edited on 7/16/2014 at 6:39 AM. Reason:
Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#15 (permalink)      9/8/2014 1:39:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
klone31
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 172
  • Reviews 231
  • Kudos63
I used it for one year, made hundred coils... Far better than the bigger one my wife use for kitchen !
#16 (permalink)      2/28/2015 2:42:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dudebro
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Hiko9 wrote:

Can one of you who owns this torch tell me, will it ignite in its regular lighter style flame setting with a small flame set? I've had torches in the past that won't.

It lights only in torch setting, unfortunately. Lighter style flame won't ignite, so you'll need to ignite the torch and switch over.

#17 (permalink)      7/20/2015 4:30:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nostro
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5
hmmm old post... anyway, mine just stopped working in the 2º day. More specificity the igniter stopped working, I could turn it on with another lighter. It lost power after that. To the garbage can
#18 (permalink)      8/25/2015 9:31:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7715
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4505
It's just a piece of junk. I have owned 6 of these now bought from various sites and they all end in the same way. Actually, I have owned 11 if you count the 5 I got that were DOA or defective on arrival.

When I gave a good review of this torch, it was only a couple days after I used it and it was working fine. But now I know better. Some come DOA while the ones that do work all die in the same way and some last longer than others.

What happens is eventually the torch setting no longer works so you can only use the flame setting and sometimes the flame shoots out of the collapsible stand in the back and melts the top part of the plastic stand and the body. The igniter also has a tendency to stop working, so then you need a match or a lighter to ignite it. That's right, you need a lighter to light a lighter! lol

I have not been able to find a replacement that is built any better. It seems all the torches out there are just plain junk no matter if they are pen style or pistol style.

Too bad, because this little pen torch/lighter would be great if it were built well. I'd pay $20-30 for a decent pen torch like this if it were built to last long. But this is built to not last at all with a high defective/DOA rate.

Edited on 7/19/2018 at 11:23 AM. Reason:
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#19 (permalink)      1/25/2019 3:49:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlexanderW
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 40
  • Reviews 179
  • Kudos7
+1 details
I've had a dozen jet lighters from fasttech,(Jobun, Honest) sexy looking ones with triple jets that melt their own guts out then engulf my hand in a fireball within a day... and this is only one that still works.

The normal flame has never ignited, not enough gas on that mode I guess... undocumented feature?... ;p

Now the cheaper (price & material) XS-902 Torch, looks just like this, pain in the ass, works like once a day only on a fresh fill and leaks out every orifice....

would love a quality one, no plastic.. replaceable igniters/pizo.... if anyone knows of such a thing?