UK shipping time
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/6/2015 6:59:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mr_Heavy
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 479
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos367
UK shipping time
This isn't a complaint, just a bit of data for those asking "How long.. ?"

Ordered 18th November
In my hands 6th February

Not had chance to use in anger yet, will review later. I'm copying this into threads of the other items in the package. For me it was worth the wait for the price, YMMD.

As with the bigger "Honest" torch, there's no attachment set, just a naked (impressive) flame unlike my not-a-clone Rothenberger which doubles as a miniature heat gun for shrink tubing. Still, with care it should make a useful first-grab tool. Great value.
Good Idea - transfering extremely hot Mad Dog 357 chilli sauce to dropper-type, e-liquid bottle. Bad Idea - keeping it with other e-liquid bottles...
#2 (permalink)      2/6/2015 7:15:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris65
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 1220
  • Reviews 83
  • Kudos776
Mine's been working dependably for about 10 months. It won't ignite in lighter mode but always in torch mode where you can switch it to lighter mode...no problem but maybe yours will function both ways. Just ordered their other model (SKU 1753302) for a change and a back-up.
#3 (permalink)      2/6/2015 7:39:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mr_Heavy
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 479
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos367
Morris65 wrote:

Mine's been working dependably for about 10 months. It won't ignite in lighter mode but always in torch mode where you can switch it to lighter mode...no problem but maybe yours will function both ways. Just ordered their other model (SKU 1753302) for a change and a back-up.

ditto on the lighting. Not really a problem.

The other model's front end looks like my Rothenberger - at about 1/6 of the price. Hope it works out well for you. I'd be tempted myself if I hadn't got the fancy original.

I'm stunned at the price of these things on here. I bought the "big" Honest torch at the same time and that's a lot more "industrial" but still silly cheap.

It's trying to snow....
I think I'm going to light the log-burner with it, just for the fun of it.

:-)

edit

Went to pub.

Came back and with only this primitive flame making tool, I lit the twigs I'd gathered with my own hands to light the logs that I had personally sawn down and split with an F.B. axe... no firelighters or paper or...

It's blazing like a bastard now
Hot and... crackling and roaring.
Glad I split the logs before I went to the pub.

Edited on 2/6/2015 at 10:54 AM. Reason: pissed
Good Idea - transfering extremely hot Mad Dog 357 chilli sauce to dropper-type, e-liquid bottle. Bad Idea - keeping it with other e-liquid bottles...