shopping cart empty

510 connection and 18350 mech mod
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/1/2021 2:57:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Load64
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos7
510 connection and 18350 mech mod
Hello,
on this picture :
it seems that the adjustment screw is missing.
Do you know if it is just missing on the picture ?

I'm looking for a 18350 mech mod with a bottom switch. I already have : YFTK VW, ST Corinne and an old 4nine (discontinued :( . I find these mods really great. Only 5 bucks for the st corine :o

Can't find a cooper 18350 other that the Viggo wich I don't like...
I really hesitate to get a Bagua (I like the way it looks) or another YFTK VW...

Does anybody have a 2021 review of the Bagua mod ?
Thank you !
#2 (permalink)      3/2/2021 12:45:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mrpurfect
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1017
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos533
thats a telescopic mod, no need for an adjusting screw prob has a floating 510 pin. battery rattle is takin up by the tightening the telescope,be careful not to overtighten.
#3 (permalink)      3/2/2021 5:15:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Load64
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos7
Ah !
So it works like the st corinne or the ytfk vW then. Contact is made by screwing the switch with a battery inside ? (I'm not 100% sure that I have the translation right: google trad translate screwing with a funny words :)
I though this mod had a "floating" 510 screw just as we can see on this old review : at 9 min...

But it seems that it's not exactly the same mechanisms as 8 years before...
When you look the video and then the picture, you can really think that there is a missing screw.
So, you do confirm, no floating 510 pin ?
Thank you.
#4 (permalink)      3/3/2021 8:04:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15154
  • Reviews 380
  • Kudos29164
+2 details
The floating pin is for your atomisers, the adjustable screw is for your batteries, generally speaking about mech mods.

On the video the guy reviews a completely different model. His Bagua isn't telescopic, it's a straight tube that takes a 18350 battery and only that size, thus the different 510 connection. It has a floating pin, that allows to screw down all your atomisers where the length of the 510 connectors can differ + a little screw for adjusting that compensates for different battery length.
This model (above) should have a floating pin (which is the connector pin for your attys) but doesn't need the other screw as the tube itself is telescopic, several tube sections screwed together. (see last stock picture)

In one case you'd need an extra screw, if in 18350 mod you had a battery rattle. As it's a 6-7 years old clone, it'd be hard to confirm. (but non of the old feedbacks mentions it)

Type "telescopic mechanical mod" on YT, and check out some videos. Or simply start with mechanical mods, where they show you a full beak down.
#5 (permalink)      3/3/2021 4:51:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15154
  • Reviews 380
  • Kudos29164
+1 details
Just to add, all the Bagua's (clone or not) are 6-8 years old (or more) I'd be curious if FT could get this in stock, unless they've been keeping some never sold ones in their warehouse.

I hope it for you. Finally everything is possible, the last year I found an aluminium-brass Sentinel clone (M16 in its other name) on a weird, not at all known Chinese cite, for 7$. An other oldie, telescopic mech mod, about the same age as this one. I gave 50% chance that it was just a scam, but... it wasn't! =D
#6 (permalink)      3/3/2021 6:13:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2526
  • Reviews 267
  • Kudos1356
thank you, sensei! Love reading about old gear.
I know words...I have the best words.
#7 (permalink)      3/3/2021 6:35:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15154
  • Reviews 380
  • Kudos29164
+2 details
what not to love about old gears? ;)
I was very surprised to see this popping up today.

...did you notice, Carrion, that FT sort of half cleaned off the whole site?? Fasttech was remaining for long a historical place, with all those old discontinued stuff, old clones, and all the belonging discussions...which hadn't disappeared from here before, for numerous reasons.
I wanted to show the brass M16 to someone a couple of days ago, which was my very first mod, and sure like death, that 3-4 months ago those were still here... Now, it's all over. Sort of sad.
#8 (permalink)      3/3/2021 10:32:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Load64 wrote:

I'm looking for a 18350 mech mod with a bottom switch. I already have : YFTK VW, ST Corinne and an old 4nine (discontinued :( . I find these mods really great. Only 5 bucks for the st corine :o

Scar Mini SKU 9714873, Takeover Mini (available elsewhere, google helps), El Thunder MTLite SKU 9730007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#9 (permalink)      3/5/2021 12:40:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Load64
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos7
Hello,
yes, it's not the same mod on the review... But on the picture it really looks like a thread and a missing screw.
There's a lot of old stuff that I really like but most of them are discontinued... So, for science and because it is still available, I ordered a Bagua Mechanical Mod :p I will make a review, maybe with some picture. This topic will pop up again ;]

djvillan wrote:
Scar Mini SKU 9714873, Takeover Mini (available elsewhere, google helps), El Thunder MTLite SKU 9730007[/quote]

Yes, already thought about those 2. But 2 things are bothering me :
Scar Mini, the diameter is a little too big for me...(28 mm)

And for the El Thunder, I belleve that in 18350 config you must use the withe part and I'm not found off black and with color despite the fact that I love playing piano sometimes :]
#10 (permalink)      3/20/2021 6:15:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Load64
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos7
+1 details
Up !
Hello,
I received the mod yesterday and as I suspected there is a missing screw on the picture posted by fasttech :p
The mod is well-made, no miss fire and the switch is very pleasant to use.
It's not a hybrid 510 connection so you may have a gap with some rta. I'm using it with a dvraw 16mm with 0.7 ohm and it works very good.
I'm very happy with it :]

#11 (permalink)      3/20/2021 6:23:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15154
  • Reviews 380
  • Kudos29164
Very nice!
The pin should be really floating or anyhow adjustable, did you try to crank down an old whatever 510 connector to see?
Maybe just screw-able from the inner side?

Edited on 3/20/2021 at 6:25 PM. Reason: