[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Why?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/24/2014 7:12:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jimthecarper
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 72
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos20
Why?
OK I ordered a set of flat tweezers, don't know why but they seemed like a must have at the time. Do I really need replacement tips? Will I use them so much I will wear them out?
Should I order some leather gloves to protect my skin from all the hard work I am going to do with my new tweezers?

I hate dilemmas.
#2 (permalink)      3/24/2014 7:17:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4170
+1 details
All I know is I can have the flat tips for $3 cheaper by getting this item and swapping it out on my pointed tip tweezers if need be.. Weeeee!
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#3 (permalink)      3/24/2014 7:26:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mr_Reman
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 1043
  • Reviews 230
  • Kudos1047
+3 details
Well, They ARE ceramic. :)

Some ceramics are as strong as steel in tension and compression, But when you start putting a twisting load on them they tend to snap, So (Depending on what form of ceramic these are made from) a couple of spare tips could be handy.
UK
#4 (permalink)      3/24/2014 8:03:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VaperUK
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3823
  • Reviews 91
  • Kudos2966
+1 details
In case of accidental breakage as well - dropped onto a hard floor, clumsy person with stout shoes stamping on them etc
#5 (permalink)      3/24/2014 9:58:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mr_Reman
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 1043
  • Reviews 230
  • Kudos1047
+3 details
Incase a tip comes loose and get's lost in the inner depths of your nose while you're rummaging to pluck a particularly elusive nasal hair. :)
UK
#6 (permalink)      3/24/2014 10:25:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
silvrcraze
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 490
  • Reviews 170
  • Kudos317
If you're planning on using them a lot then some replacement tips would be good to keep on hand in case you break them. If you're not planning to use them a lot then it's just another item on FT that you don't need to buy. If you have the original it might be a good idea to buy just one extra set to keep in a drawer because if you happen to break the original you'll probably be cussing yourself for not having bought an extra set to keep aside so you don't have to wait a month to get the replacements.

Some people on here do a lot of projects pertaining to vaping. It's a hobby for a lot of people. Some people repair vaping gear for a side business. Also, not everything on FT has to be used for vaping related projects so some people would get a lot of use having the spares. Actually, there were suggestions for FT to carry the replacement tips.
Are you the product of the "No Child Left Behind" act?
#7 (permalink)      3/24/2014 10:33:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 32488
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos64593
silvrcraze

Some people on here do a lot of projects pertaining to vaping.

Umm I think they are a vaper if you look at their reviews. So I am pretty sure they are using them for rebuilding and not plucking nose hairs. lol =D

Just saying. ;)

https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#8 (permalink)      3/24/2014 10:36:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mr_Reman
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 1043
  • Reviews 230
  • Kudos1047
+2 details
As long as they're thoroughly cleaned between functions, I can't see the problem (Don't want nic up me nose, OR snot in my coils. :) )
UK
#9 (permalink)      3/24/2014 12:03:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jimthecarper
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 72
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos20
+1 details
Ah the old nasal hair problem, now I get it.
The 20 or so rba's that I play with have nothing to do with it.

Mr Reman your a genius.
#10 (permalink)      5/31/2014 7:48:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
farblue
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 48
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos18
I broke one of the tips by over-tightening the screws. Long story, but the needle-nose tipped tweezers were in stock, the flat tipped tweezers were "ships in five days" so I bought two needle-tipped ones and a set of flat tips.

Didn't notice any cracking when I first replaced them, but a small piece flaked off the next day, and on closer inspection, there was a large crack that ran the width of the tip, going through one of the screw holes, so I assume I screwed it up myself.

Now I'm faced with the dilemma of whether to order replacement tips, or switch back to my old flat-tipped metal tweezers.

Option 2 is free... :)
#11 (permalink)      6/1/2014 12:11:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mr_Reman
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 1043
  • Reviews 230
  • Kudos1047
I originally thought that the tip's wouldn't last that long and handles them very carefully (And even bought a spare pair of tips in case I broke one), But after dropping them a few times I realised that they're actually pretty strong. This was proven to me when my nephew told me that he regretted getting the needle tipped version and could I grind the tips down on his set. I originally thought the harmonics might shatter the ceramic as soon as they touched my Dremel's grinding stone, But they didn't.

I started grinding them very gingerly, But by the end I was really going for it to try to wear these tips down. More of the grinding stone was being turned to dust than the ceramic, It was like trying to grind granite !!! After probably 15 minutes of attacking them I got nice rounded tips to them, But still not as large a radius as the ones on my rounded tip version. I hadn't managed to remove half as much of the ceramic as I would have expected looking at the amount of effort involved.

Edited on 6/1/2014 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Crap spelling. :)
UK