Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+
5-pack

Clean in Vodka
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/11/2019 6:57:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hash77
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos1
+1 details
Clean in Vodka
I've been soaking coil units like these in Vodka for a few years now, and it seems to work well. I take the clearomiser apart but leave the coil together. A few days seems to do it but sometimes a week if I haven't cleaned them for a while. I let them air dry for several days. I then check to make sure the coil is screwed into the base and check the resistance, then just fill them and let them sit for a few days (upright). I don't dry burn them. The Vodka seems to mix with the e-liquid easily; the first hit is a little weak but it clears up right away.

I haven't decided whether the type of Vodka matters. I tend to use whatever I'm drinking at the time, unless it's one of thhose real fancy (read expensive) brands. It only takes about 4 ounces (just enough to cover the pieces); not a lot of money even if you use Stoli. Maybe some day I'll tey Grey Goose.

One other thing; the whole clearomizer comes out clean as a whistle, looking like new. Pit them in a bowl, add Vodka, swish around, let it soak, swish a few more times, let them dry........but don't drink the Vodka afterwards. It tastes really bad....don't ask how I know.
#2 (permalink)      8/11/2019 7:07:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2540
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4139
Gee, those coils bring back memories from many years ago.
What clearomizer(s) are you using them in?

In my days I used to dry burn before I soaked them. I had the impression I got rid of more residue that way.
#3 (permalink)      8/11/2019 7:12:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fucitol
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 4623
  • Reviews 175
  • Kudos10700
I've been cleaning pre-made coils with vodka since the days of cigalike cartomizors. Rinse with hot water, soak in vodka for about 24 hours, let air dry for a day or two. It's an excellent disinfectant cleaner and nontoxic. I prefer using "middle shelf" brands like Burnett's. Not too expensive for cleaning and still good for drinking =D
Illegitimi Non Carborundum est
#4 (permalink)      8/11/2019 11:27:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2247
I don't know about cleaning coils, but back in the day, I used to use vodka to thin e-liquid when DIYing. Never bothered with distilled water, and worked a treat.
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#5 (permalink)      3/17/2020 6:11:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
brownvape
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
I don’t clean the coils with vodka, I use hot water, I add a little disinfectant spray there