Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

100%VG - Great!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      12/10/2014 10:21:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hartoled
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 13576
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos10972
+2 details
synapses11 wrote:

Oh they have flavor concentrate for DIY ? I'll have to try it out. Im really looking for flavoring that is not PG based. I have some kind of sensitivity to PG. I get what feels like a lump in my throat after a little while of vaping something with PG in it. The flavorings I have been using are PG based and aren't very concentrated so I have to use like 15%. Can anyone recommend a great brand on non PG based flavorings?

Yes, they sell it at some places that I have tracked down. I'm the same way with PG. If I get much over 30/70 I risk feeling like I need a tracheotomy. Also, it can give terrible sinus headaches after just a few hits. It must dry them out really quickly, making them feel raw. Nothing makes me madder than getting some stupid "What did we do?" type response from some juice maker who doesn't disclose what their ratios are. I have a shelf full of bottles that are good for nothing except perhaps mixing with some high VG juice and that's usually no way to do satisfying DIY.

I don't reckon the PG in flavorings at 100 percent for all types of flavorings. Often it's mostly a carrier. Even if it figures into your recipe at a certain level, it may actually be a lot less. Tobaccos are so strong that they may contain more PG but you also need a lot lower percentage of them for the final mix.

KF4 Leaking? For a more secure seal, replace the o-ring #16 with one that is 1.5mm cross section. SKU 1536606 or SKU 1536607
#22 (permalink)      12/16/2014 11:21:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cunin
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 179
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos33
bobasbounty wrote:

Hartoled, I use Hangsen Indian and RY1 in lots of my mixes. Hangsen and Inawera are the best I've ever tried.

I'll place another order on Inawera sometime next year and I'd like to know some good tobacco flavour, as I only tried 2 of their "tobacco absolutes" but they were really bad and not really absolutes (I have a real absolute and it's awesome). I really like harmonious flavours like RY4 but also some dry and almost tasteless ones: what would you suggest from them?

#23 (permalink)      12/17/2014 3:31:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bobasbounty
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 135
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos98
+1 details

cunin wrote:

I'll place another order on Inawera sometime next year and I'd like to know some good tobacco flavour, as I only tried 2 of their "tobacco absolutes" but they were really bad and not really absolutes (I have a real absolute and it's awesome). I really like harmonious flavours like RY4 but also some dry and almost tasteless ones: what would you suggest from them?

Which 2 INW absolutes did you try? Either Virginia absolute or Cuban absolute are the best imo. They add depth to your mixes. They're only meant to be used as a base and not as stand-alones.

My favorite INW tobaccos are Tino d'Milano S-Camel. Wera garden Little Space drops. Wera garden Tobacco Symphony. There's many more I love but i'd start with those three for sure. Start with 6 drops on 10ml.

Also highly recommended is Wera garden DNB (dirty neutral base) again this is not a stand-alone flavor but meant to be added to your mixes. It gives the missing "ashy" taste to your tobacco vapes and enhances other flavors. I use it with Hangsen tobaccos too. 6 drops on 10ml is enough.

Remember, Inawera tobaccos are highly concentrated so between 6-12 drops on 10ml is enough. 10 days steep and they're good to go :)

#24 (permalink)      12/17/2014 9:34:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cunin
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 179
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos33
One was Virginia and the other Oriental. Virginia tastes exactly like when I tried to make my own flavour from real Golden Virginia tobacco, which sucks hard for my tastes (the ending taste is nothing similar to the tobacco itself), while Oriental doesn't seem to be bad but it's very light and anyway with both I get weird results in the liquid, like they add nicotine and the liquid makes me feel weird, so I can't use them anymore. I was reading in some vaping forum about "do it yourself tobacco extract" that many other people has the same problem. It's probably due to the cold extraction process though I didn't try the one involving heating yet so I can't be sure.
I'm right now using a real tobacco absolute from another vendor and it's awesome: tastes exactly like pulling from an unlit filtered cigarette (like a marlboro for example) and doesn't give me any weird feelings, so I just don't care about absolutes anymore.

I'm more interested in their tobacco flavours so I'll follow your suggestions there (I actually was about to buy the camel one last time I ordered, then decided to try the absolutes instead...my mistake :P), I'm just not into the ash taste anymore so I'll drop that one. In their description they make you think they're made out of real tobaccos, is that true? I mean, do they taste like real tobaccos or it's the same mix of other flavours like RY4 and any other "tobacco" flavours (like the whole line of Flavourart)?

#25 (permalink)      12/17/2014 7:15:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bobasbounty
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 135
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos98
+1 details
If you don't like the absolutes, you could substitute with Wera Garden: Dark Tobacco, which again is another base and not to be used as stand-alone. This plays nice with all the other tobaccos.

I strongly suspect INW tobaccos are real tobacco extracts, much like Hangsen do with their in-house Tobacco extracts. No idea what method they use. To my tastes, they're better than any of the NETs I've tried.

I didn't get on Flavourart tobaccos at all. They taste fake to me.

It's a real pity you are going to give the DNB a miss, 6 drops in a 10ml mix really does give your vapor a smoke-like sensation. But do let us know how you get on :)

If you would like more info, there are some real knowledgeable guys on ECF: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/477601-inawera-few-reviews.html
#26 (permalink)      12/25/2014 4:04:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
piratevapes
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos2
+1 details
More VG juices please!
#27 (permalink)      3/25/2015 8:28:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
aikanae
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 1180
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos421
China manufacturers one of the largest ranges of PG free flavor concentrates that I know of. I wonder what it would take to get FT to track them down and carry them? It's overpriced in the US but that's largey due to the difficulty in shipping large quanities.

They mix at below 3%. There is another US based manufacturer selling retail that's PG free. Other than that, there's at least 3 companies selling concentrates that mix below 5% so it's entirely possible to mix juices with >95% VG as DIY. I suspect this trend will continue. It seems PG is like nickle (jewelry) allergy in that there's so much of it around that it's possible to overwhelm and trigger a reaction. I discovered I'm sensitive through a drug reaction. I have a hard time even using vaseline now.

If dry mouth is a problem, try a drop or two of injectable/inhalable saline. The sell small packs OTC to clear babies ears and noses (Clearnoz?). It also makes flavors pop. Mix well because nicotine does settle in VG.
#28 (permalink)      6/7/2015 4:40:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wickedvaping101
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 560
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos209
MOAR!

bakery flavors
fruity flavors
alll flavors !!!!

100% vg hangsen
#29 (permalink)      7/23/2015 9:04:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapsy
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos0
i read hangsen liquids usually do not require steeping but anyone trying to steep this one? if so, any improvement?