Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Help me, i'm mathtarded.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      8/16/2015 2:48:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flambo
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2913
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos1181
olliedixon wrote:

flambo wrote:Yes- ur maths is correctNo its not.. its not even complete lol

U edited ur post.
200 ml of pre-mix Hangsen ....
ffs decant to something smaller & store the main bottle in the freezer

Learn to use an online calculator or install ejuicemeup

noob forever
#12 (permalink)      8/16/2015 3:37:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
olliedixon
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 695
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos185
Yes i did. Not until after your post. Also not enough to make your original post valid. You said my math was correct when there was no answer the the equation in my post.. hehe

"200 ml of pre-mix Hangsen .... ffs decant to something smaller & store the main bottle in the freezer "

I've NFI what you are trying to say here..

Edited on 8/16/2015 at 3:45 AM. Reason:
BRABROBRA
#13 (permalink)      8/16/2015 4:01:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flambo
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2913
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos1181
olliedixon wrote:

Yes i did. Not until after your post. Also not enough to make your original post valid. You said my math was correct when there was no answer the the equation in my post.. hehe"200 ml of pre-mix Hangsen .... ffs decant to something smaller & store the main bottle in the freezer "I've NFI what you are trying to say here..

Oh- u wanted someone else to do all the calculations?
I cbf
If the need for final PG/VG ratio was in ur post, I prolly ignored it.

I should have said
"There are a heap of online calculators, and ejuicemeup- learn to use one".
and prolly
"200 ml of FT pre-mix Hangsen- what a waste of money unless u decant to something smaller & store the main bottle in the freezer "

My apologies.
Better late that never.

Did u understand that? ^

noob forever
#14 (permalink)      8/16/2015 4:09:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
olliedixon
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 695
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos185
+4 details
Oh- u wanted someone else to do all the calculations?
No.. just the one i was asking about

I cbf
Oh

If the need for final PG/VG ratio was in ur post, I prolly ignored it.
You ignored the question being asked but decided to post anyway.. why?

I should have said
"There are a heap of online calculators, and ejuicemeup- learn to use one".

I know how to use them.. None of them are set up for something like this.

and prolly
"200 ml of FT pre-mix Hangsen- what a waste of money unless u decant to something smaller & store the main bottle in the freezer "

It's fucking $20. lol. I can vape 100ml a week. Why would I want to freeze anthing other then bulk 100mg nicotine? Should i be l33t and put argon in the bottles to?

My apologies.
Better late that never.

Thank you.

Did u understand that? ^
Slightly better after you made an effort to try make sense, yes.

Edited on 8/16/2015 at 4:11 AM. Reason:
BRABROBRA
#15 (permalink)      8/16/2015 4:30:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flambo
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2913
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos1181
olliedixon wrote:
You ignored the question being asked but decided to post anyway.. why?
You didn't understand my post?
I should have said "There are a heap of online calculators, and ejuicemeup- learn to use one".
I know how to use them.. None of them are set up for something like this.
Actually- several of them are.
It's fucking $20.
A lot more than it's worth.
Why would I want to freeze anthing other then bulk 100mg nicotine?
Find out...
the hard way, or from someone you understand...
unless ur planning to vape it all by the end of the month.
noob forever
#16 (permalink)      8/16/2015 4:44:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
olliedixon
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 695
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos185
+1 details
I asked a math question in my OP. You responded with pretty much "yup". LOL. WTF was the point? You overlooked what i was asking. Get over it.

So many calcs out there set up for mixing different bottles of cheap fasttech juice!! Even if there where.. I simply came here to ask a question. You didn't understand it. When you finally did your response was to fuck off and go learn how to do it myself. If that is your attitude, just don't post anything. A couple people responded and very kindly answered. Simple.

All premixed ejuice is "more than it's worth". So sick of DIY snobs. Some of use just don't fucking want to DIY all the time. I do it from time to time but i prefer to just buy.

Find out what the hard way? I have 4 bottles in front of me right now. Three are 300ml each and one is 140ml. Each of them has around 120ml left in them. I've been vaping from them for a few weeks. Been doing the same thing with other bottles for quite some time. Many months in fact. The world has not ended. The bottles did not explode. The juice is fine. What the fuck are you so worried about? Some people vape more that others. Ever seen how much juice a sub ohm tank can go through over 50 watts? I don't.. but some people can vape 30ml a day with the right tank over 80 watts.

Get over yourself.

Edited on 8/16/2015 at 4:50 AM. Reason:
BRABROBRA
#17 (permalink)      8/16/2015 5:19:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flambo
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2913
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos1181
I'm not a DIY snob.

And I am a little sick of people who won't do their own maths-
the calculators exist.

I'm not worried at all-
ur the one who paid for it & will vape it.

FWIW- I just had to fix up something I mixed for the first time a few weeks ago...
Davidoff- the worst of a Pall Mall & Dunhill with a hint of fecal matter.

Snorklewhacker- it tasted good without steeping...lol
Horrible now
noob forever
#18 (permalink)      8/16/2015 7:11:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nerfologist
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 5484
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos7128
+3 details
@olliedixon you've just met flambo, ignore.

I almost exclusively DIY but buy two of the Hangsen 100% VG juices from FT, RY4 and Sweet Ginseng. Whilst fine on arrival they do get better with steeping. You will never get the same flavour from 100% VG as VG is a very poor flavour carrier, thinning with alcohol can help a bit. I personally think these juices have a small amount of PG in them, I can feel it at the top of my chest, though Inkitatus disagrees with me on that one, we are both PG intolerant. The Sweet Ginseng is a very muted flavour but quite pleasant.

If you have any questions about pure VG juices, look out for me and Inkitatus, I'm sure there are others on this forum though none spring to mind. :)
Loud and proud member of the FT EW Club. #EWindahouse - NEW ACHIEVEMENT AWARDED - Entitled Noob. Yayyyy. :D
#19 (permalink)      8/16/2015 10:09:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Overvaper
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 173
  • Reviews 210
  • Kudos148
+1 details
olliedixon wrote:

Also, Is this really 100% VG? surly the flavoring in the 70pg was PG based.

If the flavouring was PG based, it could drastically alter the final VG:PG ratio, depending on both the flavour concentration in the base, and the quantity added. So, these 100% VG eliquids might be nothing like that!

In the case of the 70:30 PG:VG mixture it shouldn't make much difference what the flavouring was in to start with, as the manufacturer would/should [some don't] simply adjust the quantities of PG/VG separately to get a final 70:30 ratio.

Flambo unnecessarily wrote:

And I am a little sick of people who won't do their own maths-
the calculators exist.

Using a 'juice calculator' isn't 'doing your own maths'. Although they seem to give good results and are user friendly, they might not be programmed to deal with all mixing scenarios.

In any case it's always a good idea to ask here to get a second opinion, as it's easy to make errors when inputting values into these apps; most vapers here (with a few notorious exceptions) will have some useful input and advice, and you can get a consensus of the varying opinions.

If you really want to 'do your own maths', just use the standard equation (programmed into the 'juice calculators'), which you can use individually for any particular component, whether PG, VG, Nic or flavouring.

C₁V₁ + C₂V₂ = C₃V₃

and the rearranged versions:

C₃ = (C₁V₁ + C₂V₂) ÷ V₃

V₂ = (C₃V₃ - C₁V₁) ÷ C₂

Where C₁ & C₂ are concentrations of a particular component in the initial 2 portions of liquid of volumes V₁ & V₂, and V₃ is the final volume with concentration C₃.

In your example V₁, V₂, V₃, C₁, C₂ are all known, and the unknown is C₃: therefore use equation 2 (which many answerers did in their heads).

V₁ = V₂ = 100 mL
C₁ = 70 (mL PG/100 mL liquid)
C₂ = 0
V₃ = 200 mL

C₃ = (70 x 100 + 0 x 100) ÷ 200 = 35% PG
Therefore the remainder [65%] is VG

This result is good enough for vapers, but not totally accurate: for retail purposes one would need to take into account the quantity of nicotine & flavourings (which might be 2-5%) and flavour carrier, so the actual PG percentage might be slightly/very different.

The infamous Five Pawns results show that even so-called professional juice manufacturers aren't immune from mistakes, leading to gross errors in both nic concentrations and PG:VG ratios in their supposedly 50:50 pg:vg 6mg range.

Edited on 8/16/2015 at 10:22 AM. Reason: none
#20 (permalink)      8/17/2015 1:10:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
olliedixon
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 695
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos185
Thank you nerfologist and Overvaper :)
BRABROBRA
#21 (permalink)      8/17/2015 1:13:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
+2 details
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0