Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Cheap Bulk Cotton Like this?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      5/2/2021 10:20:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
xandwhyisY
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 599
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos607
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

A post on RedditJust got off the phone with Sheseido. They have confirmed that their product is not bleached, however I was also told that it is not organically grown.Reddit

I was wondering if Sheseido was organic cotton. I bought some years ago at the Bay and I'm sure it said organic on the package. I went to Shoppers last year and there was no mention of it being organic on the packaging.
I prefer Koh Gen Do, but it's probably because it's the first cotton I ever used. I think it's more of a psychological thing than a rational thing for me.

#22 (permalink)      5/2/2021 11:44:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4416
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16388
Graham’s cellucotton 44060? Rayon is way better than cotton.
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#23 (permalink)      5/3/2021 12:42:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
SKU 9698458

I bought this a few months back, IMO a lot of cotton for the price. !0 standard pieces of rope cotton per bag, like most bag cotton. When you think that this amounts to less than .72 per bag, while "Bacon' is $4.00 a bag....

Edited on 5/3/2021 at 12:44 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#24 (permalink)      5/3/2021 3:04:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 13351
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos20098
xandwhyisY wrote:

I was wondering if Sheseido was organic cotton. I bought some years ago at the Bay and I'm sure it said organic on the package. I went to Shoppers last year and there was no mention of it being organic on the packaging.
I prefer Koh Gen Do, but it's probably because it's the first cotton I ever used. I think it's more of a psychological thing than a rational thing for me.

I also believed it were and I purchased my bag, I believe at the Sheseido store on Bloor Street in 2016 but have since seen it selling at Shoppers. Perhaps different grades? Who knows.

I have long used Grahams cellucotton so havent any use for those pads. I have since thrown all of them into a large SS/Glass container and threw out the packaging so cant be positive what was printed on the packaging then.

#25 (permalink)      5/5/2021 12:38:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
app103
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 53
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos59
pewpew wrote:

I found out that fibers in pharmacies' cotton pads or disks aren't aligned in one direction resulting in noticeably worse performance

There is an easy way to fix that. :)

Get yourself a couple of pet "slicker" brushes (brand new, unused for any other purpose) and follow this video tutorial. Just skip the part where they roll it into punis, and just fold it over in the correct direction. (Punis are for spinning the cotton into yarn)

Pet brushes are essentially the same, but smaller and at a much lower cost than the big carding tools used by professional artisan yarn spinners.

This also works with scraps of cotton that's too narrow to use for wicking. Just save them up and card them all together to make a new, larger piece.

Edited on 5/5/2021 at 12:44 AM. Reason: