Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Included coil size?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/13/2016 6:58:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
aimey
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos15
Included coil size?
Hi ive been using my new rba base and have really liked the coil installed in it,better than what ive used in the past.
Just wondering if anyone knows the gauge wire and size of coil or even better if theres a sku for some pre wrapped?
Not sure if its kanthal or nichrome either
Ive also just ordered a couple of packs of 100 screws from amazon so hopefully theyrr the right size
#2 (permalink)      11/13/2016 7:06:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10967
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6871
two buddies of mine bought an anuthentic kanger subtank - the coil was 2.5mm when i checked them before rebuilding them ( between my 8 "friends that vape" i literally maintain ALL of their gear....)

as far as gauge wire, im not sure. but i do believe the wire is nichrome, going by the "feeling/look" of the wire. its definitely not kanthal
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#3 (permalink)      11/13/2016 9:40:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5428
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7133
+1 details
I think Kanger puts a 26AWG .5-ohm (about 5 wraps) Nichrome-80 coil with 2.5mm ID in there at the factory. You can find pre-made coils that fit this spec but you will need to unwrap or add a half-wrap wrap to them. Most pre-made coils have legs leading in the same direction and this RBA wants the legs in opposite directions.
#4 (permalink)      11/14/2016 12:13:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
aimey
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos15
Ok cool ive got 26awg kanthal here ill just have to drop my coil jig down a size to 2.5 and see how it goes.ive been vaping naturally extracted tobbacos for a while now but havent tried them on smaller coils.sucks having to rebuild everyday but the flavours r amazing