[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Purity?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      8/22/2015 8:23:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HighPlainsVaper
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 60
  • Kudos92
+1 details
ShelaghStone wrote:

HighPlainsVaper wrote:
1) Always clean the wire with an alcohol wipe to remove any machine oil or other contaminants.

2) You don't want to dry burn Titanium coils to the point they are glowing orange, like with kanthal. A brightly glowing orange coil can easily reach 1300F or above which in the case of Titanium wire will produce Titanium Dioxide (TiO2). It will appear as a whitish or gray powder on the coils. It can be harmful to your health if ingested and you do not want to inhale that. It is safely avoided by simply not dry burning the coils to a glowing orange.

Curious, just for comparison's sake, did you treat Kanathal the same way, wiping it down with an alcohol, etc; or just Titanium?

You don't want to dry burn Titanium coils to the point they are glowing orange, like with kanthal.

Using Kanathal people pulse lightly to make sure all is working ok but why would someone do so with titanium?

Unfortunately I don't like Chinese wire. Hoping a canadian jhere knows of a suitable place at home to pick some up ;)

Thanks

I have made several coils now using this wire and it is very easy to work with. If you don't wipe down the Ti wire it will have a dirty metal taste to it. I dry burn kanthal so that wasn't necesary. I do not recommend dry burning Ti to an orange glow like with kanthal but you can pulse fire it.

#22 (permalink)      8/22/2015 9:02:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
smok_king
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 2167
  • Reviews 180
  • Kudos1076
KeyBee wrote:

@smok_king make a market research prior to make such a statement. At least read the whole topic - you can find the market price (wholesale) is much lower.

Sorry for being late. Those cheaper price Ti, are they 99.5% Ti or just Ti.
Example: Why is 22K gold so expensive. I can get cheaper ones.
Those cheap Ti won't work on the VT. Its mixed with too many alloys.
The Gr 1 n Gr 2 Ti are all 99.5%
The market price at metal exchange for pure Ti is $8.50/lb
Ferro Titanium is cheaper @ $2.50/lb

Is your cheaper ones Ferro Ti?

JOYETECH IS BEST
#23 (permalink)      9/3/2015 1:48:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazar.cosmin
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 227
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos71
smok_king wrote:

KeyBee wrote:
@smok_king make a market research prior to make such a statement. At least read the whole topic - you can find the market price (wholesale) is much lower.

Sorry for being late. Those cheaper price Ti, are they 99.5% Ti or just Ti.
Example: Why is 22K gold so expensive. I can get cheaper ones.
Those cheap Ti won't work on the VT. Its mixed with too many alloys.
The Gr 1 n Gr 2 Ti are all 99.5%
The market price at metal exchange for pure Ti is $8.50/lb
Ferro Titanium is cheaper @ $2.50/lb

Is your cheaper ones Ferro Ti?

$8.50 for what gauge? for $8.50 you would get about 1000 meters of 28awg- 0.32mm - wire. Where did you get these numbers?

HighPlainsVaper wrote:

ShelaghStone wrote:
HighPlainsVaper wrote:
1) Always clean the wire with an alcohol wipe to remove any machine oil or other contaminants.

2) You don't want to dry burn Titanium coils to the point they are glowing orange, like with kanthal. A brightly glowing orange coil can easily reach 1300F or above which in the case of Titanium wire will produce Titanium Dioxide (TiO2). It will appear as a whitish or gray powder on the coils. It can be harmful to your health if ingested and you do not want to inhale that. It is safely avoided by simply not dry burning the coils to a glowing orange.

Curious, just for comparison's sake, did you treat Kanathal the same way, wiping it down with an alcohol, etc; or just Titanium?

You don't want to dry burn Titanium coils to the point they are glowing orange, like with kanthal.

Using Kanathal people pulse lightly to make sure all is working ok but why would someone do so with titanium?

Unfortunately I don't like Chinese wire. Hoping a canadian jhere knows of a suitable place at home to pick some up ;)

Thanks

I have made several coils now using this wire and it is very easy to work with. If you don't wipe down the Ti wire it will have a dirty metal taste to it. I dry burn kanthal so that wasn't necesary. I do not recommend dry burning Ti to an orange glow like with kanthal but you can pulse fire it.

Based on what are you giving us these recommendations? Who are you to make recommendations on handling wire for vaping?

#24 (permalink)      9/3/2015 8:49:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HighPlainsVaper
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 60
  • Kudos92
+1 details
Lol, didn't know I had to post my Vaping resume. My opinions are based on my personal experience. You should try dipping your wire in motor oil and vape on it if you'd like. It matters not to me.
#25 (permalink)      9/3/2015 9:12:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nezzy
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 654
  • Reviews 37
  • Kudos370
Just got the 24 gauge version of this. Dirtiest wire I've ever handled. This is my first experience of titanium wire so not sure if this is normal. Wiped it with alcohol sprayed on tissue for about 10 minutes to get it to not leaving any traces. Most wire I've had before have only needed a couple of passes through the alcohol to clean. The marks on the tissue were as black as charcoal. Everyone else's seem to to be clean according to the reviews, so not sure what is up. If yours came clean, then good luck to you. I would definitely recommend cleaning before use.
#26 (permalink)      9/3/2015 10:05:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazar.cosmin
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 227
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos71
HighPlainsVaper wrote:

Lol, didn't know I had to post my Vaping resume. My opinions are based on my personal experience. You should try dipping your wire in motor oil and vape on it if you'd like. It matters not to me.

Sounds like you already vaped motor oil. Why not share your experience with that instead of posing as a vape guru in here?

#27 (permalink)      9/3/2015 12:19:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HighPlainsVaper
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 60
  • Kudos92
I have never claimed to be anything. Nor do I care what anonymous trolls think. I am just a vape enthusiast who kindly responded to a question asked of ME. Seek professional help for that bug up your rectum.
#28 (permalink)      9/3/2015 1:36:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazar.cosmin
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 227
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos71
HighPlainsVaper wrote:

I have never claimed to be anything. Nor do I care what anonymous trolls think. I am just a vape enthusiast who kindly responded to a question asked of ME. Seek professional help for that bug up your rectum.

Next time you decide to write about things like dry burning wire which you know are sensitive and not yet understood and post your recommendations on a public forum, make sure you give all the information for people that maybe are not as knowledgeable in the latest changes and might not understand what risks they might put themselves up to if they take your advice.

#29 (permalink)      9/6/2015 5:16:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
No_one
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 1578
  • Reviews 129
  • Kudos3605
+6 details
Hi everyone, I am new to vaping and brand new to fasttech. Just thought I'd share my 2 cents worth. I have been playing with this ti for about a week and wanted to share what I have learned. I bought this ti from fasttech and another 26awg ti from a very reputable vendor here in the USA. I can tell you there is a difference but I can't say it effects performance. The wire on fasttech is for sure cleaner (no oil and such) and the finish is more shiny however it also feels lighter and maybe thinner? But I don't have a scale accurate enough to weigh a such minor difference and it could be all in my head. I built identical coils from both and they came out the same on the ohms meter. And in my Doge v2 they seemed to perform equally as well. Now I have done some other test stuff (at my own risk, I don't recommend) to learn more about how ti works. I have done a lot of dry fires to see when tio2 would begin to form and only saw minor evidence of it after prolonged heating to very bright orange/white (again I don't recommend!) I cannot see this being a problem at normal vape temps as you get nasty cotton taste well before the coils glow. As for tuning the coils gently pulsing at low watts is sufficient to burn off any residue that might be left after cleaning. And in dark or very low light you can see enough of a glow to determine if they are performing properly without getting to the tio2 stage. I have not had any problems working with either and can make coils that are tight and uniform with just a bit more time and effort than a kanthal build. The price for the US wire was $9.99usd for the same length so the price of the wire on fasttech seems accurate and does not lead me to believe that it is an inferior grade or something janky like that. I'm not sure yet witch wire I will settle on in the long run. So far I am happy with both and with over 60 feet of this stuff I won't need it for a while. Plus ti coils seem to last a long time. I know it's only been a week but I vape heavy and neither coil have lost any performance where my kanthal builds last 3-4 days tops! Hopefully this helps and you enjoy it, I have enjoyed reading the many helpful posts you all have put here on fasttech.

Edited on 9/6/2015 at 5:21 AM. Reason: Punctuation
J F K M N
#30 (permalink)      10/6/2015 10:32:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
No_One

Which one did you settle on, should you see this question?

HighPlainsVaper:

Thx. Just catching up now.

I have SKU: 2929500 here although yet unopened
26 AWG, 0.4mm*5m

Anyone..

Looking at Unkamen

Pure Titanium Wire - 100% Guarantee - Specific for Jewelry Surgical Grade 1 - 26, 28,
gauge - 40 feet...$9.95 each
This listing is for Pure Titanium Wire. This is the same great wire I use to make my custom jump rings and finding...

Thought I read somewhere that jewellery Surgical grade is NOT the right T1 but not sure if I have that right or not

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)