shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Wat
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      7/20/2015 7:00:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SteveLy
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2157
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos1384
Micro USB Charging Port – Vape while charging
is advertised on several other sites as one of the features of the IPV 4S.
V = dU/dq | I = dq/dt | P = dU/dt = V·I | V = I·R
#12 (permalink)      7/20/2015 7:27:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5278
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos8272
Double Dayum! I did it again. Ordered one Saturday. Paid a few bucks more but, on the bright side, I'll have it in a few days! Sure am hoping that all the good talk I've heard about it (chip, manufacture's reputation for quality) is true. Wouldn't mind the extra wait considering FT's excellent customer service which, in my case, won't matter...IF the mod doesn't break down.
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#13 (permalink)      7/20/2015 7:40:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bluepeter
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 4716
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos9325
+1 details
Wouldn't using a bit of common sense alert you to fact that P4Y having removed the balanced charging board, lowered the price that these sellers may have it wrong.

This version of the 4 has no onboard charging, reason for me having jumped on the original to order a second back up, I use the onboard charging - it works very well, batteries when checked are well in balance, I do rotate though it appeas that there is no reason to from my findings.

What I'm finding so strange is how folk are so quick to slag the device off without having ever owned one and for those that do, how pleased they are with theirs... It the best TC device I've used so far and I own 5 different TC mods.
For Christ's sake, there are plants with busier calendars than...Via et veritas et vita
#14 (permalink)      7/20/2015 7:42:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10523
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8088
I would never use any inbuild charging system, therefore this version seems perfect for me.
#15 (permalink)      7/20/2015 7:53:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bluepeter
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 4716
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos9325
Forgot to mention, for the original with onbord charging - I use a 9v 2amp 3.5mm x 1.35mm center pin + picked a 3 pin charger up on the bay for a fiver... the charger does not need to be balanced as the board in the mod does all the work.

The SXK VF I got from FT before they pulled it is very nice to though I prefer this. Did the update yesterday and now have 120 warts, plus a the Ti menu. The biggest boon to this mod is the ability to reflash the sw - As YiHi sw engineers improve their understanding of TC, surely things can only get better.
For Christ's sake, there are plants with busier calendars than...Via et veritas et vita
#16 (permalink)      7/20/2015 7:54:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bluepeter
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 4716
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos9325
Watercool wrote:

I would never use any inbuild charging system, therefore this version seems perfect for me.

why not?

#17 (permalink)      7/20/2015 7:58:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bluepeter
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 4716
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos9325
ipv4 charging
#18 (permalink)      7/20/2015 8:07:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SteveLy
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2157
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos1384
bluepeter wrote:

ipv4 charging

Okay, now throw it in the bathtub!

V = dU/dq | I = dq/dt | P = dU/dt = V·I | V = I·R
#19 (permalink)      7/20/2015 8:26:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10523
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8088
bluepeter wrote:

Watercool wrote:

why not?

why should I do that when I have an XTAR VC4 around? Yes it should work, no a cloupor mini already blew up in my house. No thanks.

There is no way that there is a really good charger in a $50 mod when a good charger alone costs that much.

#20 (permalink)      7/20/2015 8:33:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Stimmenhotel
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 32
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos1
bluepeter wrote:

ipv4 charging

There was a problem with liquid entering the usb charger port, not even while charging the device.
Saw a few pictur

es of the open device.
There was also a statement of a shop-owner or IPV4 user who looked into the device.
By a fast research now, i found another statement, the charger was catching fire while charging.

I would more likly go with this mod, since I have a special charging station for 18650 batterys...
Since they need a special way of charging.

Maybe the "pass through mod" is faking a mechanical mod behavior?
I have the Tubemod BecPro made by Smok and they offer that feature too.
#21 (permalink)      7/20/2015 8:41:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10523
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8088
+1 details
What I read and saw, it has nothing to do with liquid. The charging board just shorted on a screw because of bad insulation.