shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

istick 100w or ipv 4s
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/20/2015 1:52:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yazounet
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
istick 100w or ipv 4s
Hi,
I actually ordered 100W istick but now started wandering around and found this piece which is temperature controlled. I am willing to know if I should stick with the istick 100w or start a new thing with ipv 4s.

I am currently using 20w istick + aspire nautilus mini..
never subohmed before.
Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you.
#2 (permalink)      8/20/2015 2:07:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10523
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8088
+2 details
i ordered both but between these two the ipv4s is superior in all means. Yihi chip vs. eleaf stuff? nontc vs. tc... chip efficiency. IPV4s all the way.

the istick is smaller I guess and will be my non tc mod to go, but I just ordered it because it is so cheap.
#3 (permalink)      8/20/2015 2:15:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yazounet
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
I never ever tried temperature control before, thats why I was skeptical and eleaf is a trustworthy company for me I never heard about this one before. What are the cons and pros between two of them? Could you specify?
Is temperature control worth it? Actually I know nothing about temperature control :)

Help me Watercool :))
#4 (permalink)      8/20/2015 2:23:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10523
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8088
even if you dont use Temp Control, the IPV4S is better. Just because the chip is better
#5 (permalink)      8/20/2015 2:41:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Maui_Dave
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3603
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos4101
+1 details
and when you decide to try temp control your all good because you went with the ipv 4s over the isuck mod.
Flashlights: I put in a battery and press the button, if I can see again they work. If not I replace the battery. If that doesn't work I strip it down and turn it into a vape mod and get a new light.
#6 (permalink)      8/20/2015 2:47:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yazounet
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Oh you got me wrong. Actually I am tempted by the TC as I read elsewhere that it is on the safer side of vaping.... so my questions are:

1- will it be compatible with my Uwell Crown?
2- Will I need to buy Nickel 200 coils for the temp control to try TC?
3-I have never ever subohmed before so Nickel 200s are 0.15 ohm so is it safe?
4- Or do I need to buy another tank more suitable for this duty?
5- I will not be able to charge it directly on the mod? If I need to take it and charge it everytime, it seems like its a deal breaker for me...Becase I am not gonna take off and on .. and on.. and on..

your help is sooo much appreciated..
#7 (permalink)      8/20/2015 2:53:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Maui_Dave
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3603
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos4101
+1 details
1- Yes
2- to use TC control Yes unless you want to use titanium
3- yes, sub ohm on nickel is different than kanthal.
4- No the tank you have is fine
5- Yes you need to remove batteries to charge them. this is a plus when your isuck mods battery dies the whole mod is trash to throw away. with removable batteries you just replace the batteries.
Flashlights: I put in a battery and press the button, if I can see again they work. If not I replace the battery. If that doesn't work I strip it down and turn it into a vape mod and get a new light.
#8 (permalink)      8/20/2015 2:58:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yazounet
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Maui_Dave wrote:

5- Yes you need to remove batteries to charge them. this is a plus when your isuck mods battery dies the whole mod is trash to throw away. with removable batteries you just replace the batteries.

100w istick has also removable batteries, and if I plug the USB to my computer it charges and it is a pass through..
But is it pass through with ipv 4s? or do I need to take them off everytime? Because on one site it says it is a pass through, in another it says you need to remove batteries and charge it in a different charger..
So I am a bit confused...

#9 (permalink)      8/20/2015 3:02:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Maui_Dave
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3603
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos4101
+4 details
I would not trust any mod to charge my batteries. and definitely would never plug it into my computer. But good luck to you on your choice I feel I have answered your questions well enough for you do make a informed decision from here.
#10 (permalink)      8/20/2015 3:23:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10523
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8088
the IPV4S has NO ONBOARD CHARGING. They removed it because they had problems with the charging board on the IPV4.

Really, buying a separate charger is the safest and best way to go. Buy 4 cells (Samsung 25R), label them(!) and always use the same pair in your mod. You NEED to marry your batteries in a dual battery mod, especially when they are in series like they are in the ipv4s.

Charger: XTAR VC4 for example.

You can change your cells <1 minute...

Edited on 8/20/2015 at 3:24 AM. Reason:
#11 (permalink)      8/20/2015 3:38:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yazounet
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
Watercool wrote:

the IPV4S has NO ONBOARD CHARGING. They removed it because they had problems with the charging board on the IPV4.

Really, buying a separate charger is the safest and best way to go. Buy 4 cells, label them(!) and always use the same pair in your mod. You NEED to marry your batteries in a dual battery mod, especially when they are in series like they are in the ipv4s.

Charger: XTAR VC4 for example.

yazounet wrote:

Maui_Dave wrote:

100w istick has also removable batteries, and if I plug the USB to my computer it charges and it is a pass through..
But is it pass through with ipv 4s? or do I need to take them off everytime? Because on one site it says it is a pass through, in another it says you need to remove batteries and charge it in a different charger..
So I am a bit confused...

OK OK..

You guys have convinced me. I am now cancelling on my eleaf istick 100w and make a new order on ipv 4s.

My combo will be IPV 4S + 25R Samsung + Uwell Crown + (buying extra) Nickel 200 coils + Charger

1-Would you have any other suggestions for the tank that goes perfectly with this mod.

2- Charger seemed to me waaayyy too expensive.. (any cheaper suggestions?)

3- As far as the safety precautions, mod wont explode to my face right? (hahaha Im a newbie and on every forum they say please be cautious and Im like whyy?? it is just vaping.. so still confused why do I need to be a pro to vape on theese mods& subohm..)

Thank you. I promise those were the last questions sorry for keeping posting again and again..