Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

My trick to make it the best MTL atomizer
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/6/2016 11:49:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
snow_raph
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos8
+6 details
My trick to make it the best MTL atomizer
For me the vapor was too harsh by default. But plugging an old protank rubber grommet in the air hole just below the coil (and thus reducing the air intake by approx 50%) turned it into the best mtl vape experience I ever had (I used Kayfun Lite Plus and Flash E-vapor (both from FT) before).

Hope this helps.
#2 (permalink)      6/9/2016 4:16:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thanas1s
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+1 details
Please post some pictures and write details of the coil.
#3 (permalink)      6/9/2016 10:59:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 902
  • Reviews 75
  • Kudos656
I also made my own MTL kit for the OBS ACE RBA coil. I'm using a Nautilus grommet that fits perfectly in the airflow hole from the top of the RBA coil. This makes it really good for MTL. Great flavour with a 27 ga kanthal wire coil around 13 Watt. :)

Edited on 6/9/2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason:
"The Truth Is Out There"
#4 (permalink)      6/15/2016 2:48:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Starvape
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 525
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos114
snow_raph wrote:

For me the vapor was too harsh by default. But plugging an old protank rubber grommet in the air hole just below the coil (and thus reducing the air intake by approx 50%) turned it into the best mtl vape experience I ever had (I used Kayfun Lite Plus and Flash E-vapor (both from FT) before).Hope this helps.

after I read your post, I am collecting the grommets from my shitty Nautilus Aspire BVC 1.8 ohm coils …will those fit the air hole of the Hurricane?

#5 (permalink)      7/8/2016 4:52:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
snow_raph
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos8
+2 details
thanas1s wrote:

Please post some pictures and write details of the coil.

2mm 6 wraps SS316 (good for power and TC modes) ~0.5Ω

#6 (permalink)      7/8/2016 5:02:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
newlife242
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 129
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos34
And it doesn't melt?
#7 (permalink)      7/8/2016 6:25:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
snow_raph
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos8
No problem at 10-15W, never tried above.
#8 (permalink)      7/8/2017 8:02:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
meulen
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos41
+1 details
I tried with rolling a mesh tube around a 2 mm rod and plugged it in the airshaft under the coil where you put your grommet and this works too.
I can draw with AFC fully open and still get a nice MTL experience depending on the amount of mesh you use of course
#9 (permalink)      4/14/2018 4:09:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FoxVape
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 5062
  • Reviews 132
  • Kudos5618
snow_raph wrote:

For me the vapor was too harsh by default. But plugging an old protank rubber grommet in the air hole just below the coil (and thus reducing the air intake by approx 50%) turned it into the best mtl vape experience I ever had.

I am using your protank grommet trick and indeed it does reduce the harshness and in fact, does enhance the MTL experience. Many thanks!
Like others have stated, there is a slight condensation around the AFC after refilling but once wiped off, does not continue. Now all I have to figure out is how to keep it from leaking (I believe from the 510) when the liquid is low. The flavor and the vape smoothness is freaking fantastic! Fast becoming one of my favorite RTAs. Just wish it have more capacity. The stated 5ml is bullshit.

Two wolves fight within us. One is evil, one is good. The one that wins is the one we feed.