Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

4 21700 at one time
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      8/26/2021 7:24:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Tony215 wrote:

This is nice to learn.., I had a Nitecore Q6 die on me after a few months of use... Bought it from one of the standard recommended battery sites.. (US) .. I used to load that thing up.. Nitecore wouldn't replace it..

So I got two Nitecore I4 chargers.. And I don't pack em' in on there like before... These have lasted much longer..

But I liked being able to get it all done at once.. This one looks quality and sounds like you all have had success with it.. Plus I can buy it US based which is nice..

If you can't get a Gyrfalcon AL-44 or AL-88, the Miboxer C4 or C8 are your best option. Very reliable, safe and well made.

#12 (permalink)      8/26/2021 10:48:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
I've has a Golisi S6 since they came out. i've heard so much good AND bad about the S4 from Golisi, but not too much bad about the S6. There actually was a recall on S4's a year or so back...

So, even though I've had no issues that weren't my doing...(I dropped it, ruining one spring lever, making it a S5, lol)
I can't recommend it. Not from here, at the price asked....10.00 cheaper, maybe.

I do know Mi-Boxer has a good reputation. I wish they would do an updated screen, that would be great.

My Nitecore UMS2 stays in the work truck, runs on usb all the time, and is dirty and scratched up, but tough as nails...I'd never trade it, as far as a work charger goes.

Edited on 8/26/2021 at 1:29 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#13 (permalink)      8/26/2021 1:51:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Yeah the screen on the Miboxer is in need of an update, the blue and white screen of the Golisi is more aesthetically appealing.
#14 (permalink)      8/27/2021 3:35:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
djvillan wrote:

Yeah the screen on the Miboxer is in need of an update, the blue and white screen of the Golisi is more aesthetically appealing.

Yes, I agree. (Thanks to Vic Viking!, I love you, man!)

What does he mean when he says words?
#15 (permalink)      8/27/2021 7:14:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 13304
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos20077
Hope this Miboxer has a better screen than the Opus though?

I still prefer the screens of my few Nitecore.
I like having the little blinking green lights that go up until the battery is full at which point its a solid green.

Made my life easier, walking by, not having to stop and take a close look as to whether they were done or not.

What I absolutely hated about the OPUS were the lack of lights.
It has the weirdest set of numbers but as the screen is dark I would have to lean over and flash a light on the screen in order to see if the batteries were ready.

1/3 of the time the battery might say FULL.
The rest of the time, it would not say Full but would have flashing numbers such as 35 or 55, going back and forth between the numbers. I knew then the battery was full but preferred it when it just clearly said FULL.

Edited on 8/27/2021 at 7:15 AM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      8/27/2021 11:57:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
It's a plain lcd screen, think of old digital watch and calculator screens. No colour screen or blinking green lights to tell you when the battery is fully charged. Press the 'slot' or 'mode' button to light up the screen.

When a battery is fully charged the battery icon will display a solid lightning bolt. If it's still charging the lightning bolt will be blinking on and off until the battery is fully charged.
#17 (permalink)      8/27/2021 3:03:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2652
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1099
I am curious about "US edition", are there any more differences than just region specific C7 power cable?
The answer to 1984 is 1973 ยง Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.