Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Replacement tank glass?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/25/2016 5:35:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_MTHW
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos2
Replacement tank glass?
I smashed mine in like 4 days :'D
My supplier doesn't have any and it doesnt seem like I can find any round here either. I wonder if anyone knows where to find one or a tube on here with the right dimensions? Would appreciate v much
#2 (permalink)      4/25/2016 5:42:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_MTHW
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos2
It seems like the tube is about 14mm in diameter. I dunno how long it is right now. Getting it out is gonna be messy~
#3 (permalink)      5/1/2016 4:22:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_MTHW
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos2
BUMP~
#4 (permalink)      5/7/2016 11:55:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RaGCaR
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 97
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos14
For the price of these I would say you're better off just buying a new one. What's 18 bux? Be alot easier and you're guaranteed no leaks or headaches. That's what i would do anyway. In fact I'd probably buy 2 so I had a backup. I just ordered one for my wife and after reading your comment, I'm thinking about ordering her a backup. How did you break yours? Was it a hard fall or just a bad angled landing? I'm curious now how tough these are... Maybe i should order her a backup.
Maybe plants are actually farming us, giving us oxygen until we eventually decompose, and they can consume us.
#5 (permalink)      5/8/2016 7:21:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NPK06
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 37
  • Reviews 349
  • Kudos19
No way to replace the glass. There's a taper that will prevent you putting on the new one. It's possible I guess, with a 16mm glass with silicone ends, it could work but it'll look like shit and hold .5ml

Edit: Get yourself some of these SKU 4201000, ID is 18mm so it'll stay on. Just have to scrape the silly logos off

Edited on 5/8/2016 at 7:23 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      5/10/2016 7:29:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_MTHW
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos2
Lol I ask becausee I bought one locally for twice the listed price here so I thought I'd try and save another 38 dollars and/or the trrouble of ordering a replacement from here because my last order from ft, placed in December, was just confirmed lost in postage c:
I do have a few of those rubber band things tho lol but that didnt help
Its a shame they've released such a gr9 little all in one piece and looked over something that I'm sure is gonna be an issue for this device~*

Whats this tapper I hears about tho? + any other ideas about specific tubes/tanks would be appreciated guise
#7 (permalink)      7/2/2016 4:46:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_MTHW
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos2
OKAY I've broken two of these pieces of crap lately and its pretty fucking ridiculous that a shitty piece of glass and a crappy design flaw are pretty much doing this device ifrom being what could be the best starter piece on the market. Fucked if I'm buyinga third. Anyone with any news of replacement glass or tanks would be greatly appreciated because ive got 2 boxes worth 50 dollars with 0 fkn value right now