shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Alien?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      4/8/2016 9:17:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hadesfactor
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 744
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos423
+2 details
I highly doubt we will ever see spools of pre-made Alien...it takes too long for the prep and too many variables such as how tight to hold the rewrap etc...not cost effective and not something u can just stick in a drill and call it done
#12 (permalink)      4/8/2016 10:27:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
joaopra
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 4796
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos4103
+1 details
hadesfactor wrote:

I highly doubt we will ever see spools of pre-made Alien...it takes too long for the prep and too many variables such as how tight to hold the rewrap etc...not cost effective and not something u can just stick in a drill and call it done

I higly doubt one can feel the difference between vaping a fused clapton or alien wire or staple

I pretty sure vaporization is not influenced by the wavyness of the coiling of the outer layer...

Using "regulation" as poorly disguised prohibition is criminal. Vaping is not smoking, reduces harm and saves lives.
#13 (permalink)      4/8/2016 10:33:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Max_wrx
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 290
  • Reviews 42
  • Kudos107
+1 details
@joaopra:

You're probably right, but it looks way cooler and i want it. Is not a rational thing, i just WANT it. End of story.
Long is the way, and hard that out of china leads to my home
#14 (permalink)      4/8/2016 10:44:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hadesfactor
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 744
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos423
+3 details
Actually you can....I started building coils just because I like building things but wanted to see what the hype was about if it was in fact just for aesthetics. After the clapton (obviously) I started making staggered fused claptons which I loved, not too low of a resistance great flavor and vape production. I then build a stapled staggered fused clapton and wasn't impressed at all. Although vape production was up there, the flavor was just not on par with the simpler build and the extremely low resistance drained batteries too quick it wasn't worth it. The alien on the other hand blows them all away with flavor and vape production. The Alien has a natural wicking ability do to the capillarity effect of the way it is re-wrapped. You can actually watch the juice being pulled up THROUGH the coil so your vape is stronger and more flavorful. If you don't believe me try it for yourself....Im not the type of person that just BUYS into hype I test it out because I would be the 1st to say its BS but in this case it isn't.....it also matters what gauge you are using in these build which determines how well the coil itself wicks i.e 36g on the Alien performs better then 32g but for me I have trouble building the Alien with 36g.....out of all the coils i have made my 2 favorites are still the staggered fused clap and the Alien, and I have built a lot....most of them are just for show though
#15 (permalink)      4/8/2016 11:15:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hartoled
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 13576
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos10970
You know what I've found improves flavor, even with these fancy wrapped-style wires? I open it up, from time to time, for a day or two, and gently smooth the wicks with a paper clip. I make all the hairs lay down, and push them back from under the coils, so that air can get all around them without interference. I can actually taste the difference after a few 'primpings'. Never just stick a build in, and judge it on the first few hits. Give them time to develop their flows.
KF4 Leaking? For a more secure seal, replace the o-ring #16 with one that is 1.5mm cross section. SKU 1536606 or SKU 1536607
#16 (permalink)      4/8/2016 11:25:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
joaopra
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 4796
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos4103
I get the capillarity effect, maybe it can be improved a bit by the different spacing.
But unless you need to vape ar very high watts, the wick should provide enough liquid to the coil.
Normal coils don't hold any juice and still vape don't they?

I did claptons, twice. One time normal, another fused, that's it.
And for me those complicated builds are too time consuming (and/or expensive) for the real differences I get in my style of vaping, and take too much time to heat up, at too much time to cool down.

Googled "stapled staggered fused clapton" The tutorial alone is 35 minutes long ! Holy macarroni !

I've been watching "Clickspring"s (bloody brilliand) videos where he makes a clock out of solid brass and he makes shorter 10minutes videos even for the most intricated parts.
Using "regulation" as poorly disguised prohibition is criminal. Vaping is not smoking, reduces harm and saves lives.
#17 (permalink)      4/8/2016 11:32:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rhyknow
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 145
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos74
+1 details
Max_wrx wrote:

it looks way cooler and i want it. Is not a rational thing, i just WANT it. End of story.

Justifies 90% of what I buy on FT :)

Edited on 4/8/2016 at 11:32 AM. Reason: words
#18 (permalink)      4/8/2016 11:59:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoeVan
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 8084
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos10454
+2 details
rhyknow wrote:

Max_wrx wrote:it looks way cooler and i want it. Is not a rational thing, i just WANT it. End of story.Justifies 90% of what I buy on FT :)

True story. I haven't NEEDED anything in over a year.

Joke's on you, this isn't actually a raffle.
#19 (permalink)      4/8/2016 1:19:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hadesfactor
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 744
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos423
+1 details
@joaopra....although the videos take that long its because they are explaining how to do it to people that don't. For me start to finish (installed and wicked) a staggered fused clapton takes me about 10 min tops...alien about 15...and the cost...I pay less then $30 for top grade A1 1000' spool of kanthal which is the price of 2 packs of 5 pre-made coils for tanks.....but I totally get people just wanting to stick something in and vape but for me I love spending the extra time and producing something that not only lasts 6 months (coil not wick) but functions amazing and looks great...and yeah I do vape at anywhere from 120-150W but its the same when im using my TF-T8's in my TFV4.....im not saying its for everyone by any means but I am saying that lots of the "fancy" coils perform amazingly....remember when calptons first came out? people said the same thing now almost everyone uses them in tanks and RBAs...

@rhyknow...yeah I so dont need anything lol and vaping has become so much more expensive then smoking for me lol
#20 (permalink)      4/9/2016 3:39:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JeezySnowman
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 77
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos13
I've actually seen Alien pre-built coils before, they were labeled VP Alien coils. The shop I was in wanted stupid price for them and they were super low ohm because of the ID being 2mm. we will eventually see true alien coils arrive but for now, staple coils work just fine.
#21 (permalink)      4/9/2016 8:42:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hadesfactor
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 744
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos423
+2 details
@JeezySnowman....I prob shouldve said it better lol....yes you can get pre-made Aliens but they are hand made that's why they usually got upwards of $15 for 2 coils but I very highly doubt we will see them from FT because they can't, at this time, be massed produced like all of the coils we see here. Technically ANY coils can be bought pre-made but certain ones are being made by hand.