Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Getting Muted flavor ,Why?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/9/2017 11:21:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Steve.k
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
+1 details
Getting Muted flavor ,Why?
I Bought the Serpent mini tank and have to say my ego twists and MT3S Tanks gave better flavor seriously, it mutes every juice I put in it,I've read so much good things about it,Gives Good vapor and no flavor.

Using 24 gauge kanthal wrapped 5 times 2.4 mm,Cotton inside deck hole,wick is lightly touching bottom of deck,Tried 24 Gauge as well.If I have to use Clapton coils or run my mod around 30 watts to get flavor than this thing than it is useless,Because my build has worked on a few tanks with excellent flavor.

Best flavor is when I just put a new coil and wick and saturate it with juice,Then after a few minutes it turns to hot air,What gives? I've Had this thing for a week now,Very disappointed.

Edited on 6/11/2017 at 9:05 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      6/9/2017 11:39:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4170
I had the same experience with this rta and their rdta also. The raving reviews of the serpent mini convinced me it was amazing so, I bought 3 of them. I tried everything I know to do yet nothing but tasteless vapor ever came out of them. I gave them away. The only single coil rta I've ever gotten any flavor out of was the moonshot. I figured a rdta was hard to screw up but somehow they managed to do that also. Won't touch another wotofo product again to save my life now.
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#3 (permalink)      6/10/2017 12:06:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Steve.k
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
Wow someone agrees with me,Iggys I was expecting so much from this thing from the reviews, but man was I disappointed,I don't know what the issue is with this thing but I get the worst results everytime.I actually recoil a non rebuildable eleaf coil head that gets so much flavor,Why does this fail?

Edited on 6/10/2017 at 12:08 AM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      6/10/2017 12:20:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4170
I have no idea. I tried high/low ohms, watts, TC, and moving the coil closer and farther away from the AF, different ID coils and nothing worked. Same with the rdta. I make my own diy high vg ejuice and only vape one flavor and figured it was that.
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#5 (permalink)      6/10/2017 3:02:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FapiFapo
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7934
  • Reviews 133
  • Kudos12125
iggys wrote:

The raving reviews of the serpent mini convinced me it was amazing so, I bought 3 of them.

LOL

GEEK IS BACK !!!, so maybe i'll be back too, sometimes.
#6 (permalink)      6/10/2017 3:17:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1956
Read this : https://www.fasttech.com/forums/7169300/t/2444688/tons-of-vapor-but-very-little-flavor-how

I mainly focus on the easiest way to get more flavor strenght in that thread.

What the anti JP peoples have a hard time to understand is that the air/juice vapor ratio can be changed by either the air flow, or, the coil's heat flux, or, the wattage.
They are either braindead, or have a very lazy brain, and they seem proud of it.
Because science..., hurt theirs brain.
They did'nt had the insight of looking at how theirs reality fit in what i wrote yet, and probably take it as if i am saying they are all wrong.
The fact is they are missing pieces of the puzzle by theirs own wills.

Anyway
Back to the two other ways to increase the juice vapor in the air/vapor ratio.

The only advantage in increasing the heat flux is : Create more juice vapor in a shorter time frame.
Quicker = less air will dilute the flavor, but there are a few drawbacks associated with that.

The main issues with an increase in heat flux are :

- Require better juice flow/wicking, having a tendency of causing more spitbacks.

- Will lower the triggering duration capability.
Will not have created more juice vapor at the end of that triggering duration than a lower heat flux and a lenghtier triggering duration.

- Will consume the wick much faster, adding more burnt cotton taste to the vape.
(OCD is'nt the only reason some change their wick every 1 to 3 days...)

Increasing the wattage while keeping the same heat flux require the right amount of coil's surface area and have no detrimental effects other than what you are used too at that specific heat flux.

Start by finding your prefered heat flux.(The best taste you can get at a confortable ramp up time, using whatever air flow is required to get it.)
Test with pure VG only, if you can.
That way there is almost no flavor covering up odd tastes.

Then go for the amount of air flow you want.
By increasing, or decreasing, the wattage and coil's surface area at same time(to always stay at the same heat flux value) until you get the flavor strenght you are looking for.

Edited on 6/10/2017 at 3:18 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      6/10/2017 4:21:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16997
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30487
+1 details
That's a bit complicated JP. At least it sounds...(especially when you have only a little time to read and you go fast) ;-)

Steve.k, iggys, what are your builds?
#8 (permalink)      6/10/2017 5:31:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1956
cilika wrote:

That's a bit complicated JP. At least it sounds...(especially when you have only a little time to read and you go fast) ;-)

Steve.k, iggys, what are your builds?

A shorter version then.

Vaping is all about :

- Heat flux
- Air/vapor ratio
- Temperatures differentials

Is that making it easier to understand ?

Personally, i don't think this version will make most peoples realise all the implications of how changing one thing can have an effect on the others.
In a good, a bad, or a compensating way.

Ex: Less air = more flavor = less visible cloudz = hotter vape. More air = more visible cloudz = muted flavor = colder vape.
The same apply to the heat flux and wattage, both have an effect on some of the other things.

Not everyone will see right away that the "air/vapor ratio" is actually the flavor strenght.
Just as not everyone realise that the heat flux is the ramp up time, mistaking the heat capacity for being the ramp up.
I am not saying the heat capacity does'nt have any effect here, just that the main thing affecting the ramp up time are the wattage and/or coil's surface area.

The heat flux affect more than just the ramp up too.
And same apply to the air/vapor ratio, it do not just only affect the flavor strenght.

#9 (permalink)      6/10/2017 7:29:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
Didnt do it for me either and I gave it away to someone else, who loves it but found flavour lacking on it as well :(
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#10 (permalink)      6/10/2017 8:00:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3990
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7923
I'm seriously surprised...I've loved my 22mm serpent mini ever since I got it about a year ago. I took advice from Lutherblisset here on the forum and I used a 0.4 ohm juggernaut coil,wicking that just goes halfway down the wicking channels. Airflow wide open and 25 watts. The flavour is awesome. If you're not getting flavour from this atty,you're doing something wrong.
#11 (permalink)      6/10/2017 8:19:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
+3 details
In my case if an atomizer can't perform up to my expectations with a simple SS or kanthal strand, 2 - 2.5mm then it gets binned. If it requires fancy coils, out it goes :)
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)