Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Getting Muted flavor ,Why?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      6/10/2017 3:23:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
44magnum
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 420
  • Reviews 140
  • Kudos273
It must be the wicking from what i can only speculate. Have you tried using the pancake wicking method?
#32 (permalink)      6/10/2017 3:32:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Steve.k
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
44magnum wrote:

It must be the wicking from what i can only speculate. Have you tried using the pancake wicking method?

I just checked you tube and it looks like the wick is getting cut shorter?I don't know.

#33 (permalink)      6/10/2017 3:35:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3990
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7923
+1 details
Steve.k wrote:

lazyfitter wrote:@steve...maybe your wick was packed a bit tight...I cut the wick to length first,thinned it out a little then soaked it and let it plump up fully before putting it down into the channels....just level with the machining marks halfway down the channels.I've tried many wicking techniques.lazyfitter wrote: Just out of interest I will try a 316l 24g spaced coil to see what flavour I'm getting and let you know the results!Will ss wire give me more flavor??

...I don't do tc but tried ss wire after hearing that it gives better flavour. I was surprised to find that it definitely does and there is a cleaner taste if you know what I mean. They seem to last a bit longer too.

#34 (permalink)      6/10/2017 3:37:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3990
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7923
Ps. I'm using standard muji pads for wicking. Nothing fancy!
#35 (permalink)      6/10/2017 3:44:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16990
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30481
+1 details
JPBel wrote:

Ex: Less air = more flavor = less visible cloudz = hotter vape.
IF using lower ohms or higher wattage. More air = more visible cloudz = muted flavor = colder vape. UNLESS using lower ohms or higher wattage. Would add here fast enough wicking.
In a simpler way.
Not everyone will see right away that the "air/vapor ratio" is actually the flavor strenght.
Just as not everyone realise that the heat flux is the ramp up time, mistaking the heat capacity for being the ramp up.
I don't really follow...
... just that the main thing affecting the ramp up time are the wattage and/or coil's surface area. Absolutely. (finally agreeing with something ;).

I was using the Serpent mini with 2.5-3mm diam. 24-26G 6 wrap single plain kanthal build (that makes at around .4-.5ohm) as much on mech as on VW at between 23-28W and never suffered about muted flavour. It was my main gotoeverywhere atty for at least 3 months.
But need to say, I rarely use composed juices(thinking of recipes which use mre-less a dozen different flavours), and when I mix several flavours, never use more than 2 or max. 3.
Also that I don't have a one unique vaping style and searching the right atty which corresponding with that, rather - in a sort of way - adapting meself too for the capability and features of the atty.

Maybe it's more something about that (?)

Lately I started playing with fused wires, based on the idea that the more the coils fill up the chamber the better, but if the coil(s) need too high wattage for an acceptable ramp up time I just bin.. the coil. =)
(it's there where probably makes sense ultra subohming with those coils on mech either on electro, but that's not my cup of tea. Simply it's too strong for my throat) These just in pharantesis, not yet tried a clapton, etc. in the Serpent.

Edited on 6/10/2017 at 3:55 PM. Reason:
#36 (permalink)      6/10/2017 3:53:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Steve.k
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
+2 details

Thanks everyone for your great advice but this tank is just not for me,As I said my Melo coils are non rebuildable but I do rebuild it and it beats the serpent as far as flavor and is consistent,I can taste juice on the moon with this so I'm comparing this to that.My Kangertech Rba is even better.

If someone wanted to buy this from me I would sell it in a second.For god sake I'm taking a piece of cotton and putting it in a coil,Shouldn't be heavy rocket science.

Maybe I will come back to this at a later time,I Have spent a week on this,Not happy.

Edited on 6/10/2017 at 4:13 PM. Reason:
#37 (permalink)      6/10/2017 3:56:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3990
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7923
+1 details
@ cilika. I've only used a juggernaut in the serpent mini. Just got a flash sale deal where the gear is sometimes the best of 10 kanthal 0.4 ohm juggernaut coil for around £1.20 so not even expensive. I'm still using the second one after 6 months of occasional use! Worth trying if you get them cheap!
#38 (permalink)      6/10/2017 4:01:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16990
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30481
Lazyfitter, got a little box of different coils as a gift with an order from the healthy place, if I find some juggernout, I'll try it out.
#39 (permalink)      6/10/2017 4:03:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
@Steve.k

I'm with you on that one.
I dont know why people feel that you must love every atomizer out there and if you dont, you must be doing something wrong.

In all of the atomizers I have purchased to date, I still mainly use the Bellus and Moonshot......and for occasional MTL, the Nautilus.

Now I am down to just one occasional vape and I use only the Bellus.
I should have stopped purchasing 2 years ago when I fell in love with it then :)
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#40 (permalink)      6/10/2017 4:09:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Steve.k
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
ShelaghStone wrote:

@Steve.k

I'm with you on that one.
I dont know why people feel that you must love every atomizer out there and if you dont, you must be doing something wrong.

In all of the atomizers I have purchased to date, I still mainly use the Bellus and Moonshot......and for occasional MTL, the Nautilus.

Now I am down to just one occasional vape and I use only the Bellus.
I should have stopped purchasing 2 years ago when I fell in love with it then :)

ShelaghStone We all wanna flavor chase and I have that flavor setup now,Unfortunately it is not rebuild friendly,So that is what an Rta is for,But it seems I'm not getting that from this product.

I was interested in the Lemo Tank from Eleaf,So I might give that a try or the Bellus and Moonshot.

Edited on 6/10/2017 at 4:15 PM. Reason:
#41 (permalink)      6/10/2017 4:17:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1956
Steve.k wrote:

Will ss wire give me more flavor??

No.

More power and/or less air flow will.

So...
If you are using a mech, then yes, ss wire might actually give you more flavor.
And possibly a burnt wick too, if the heat flux get too high and/or triggering duration is too long.

24g kanthal 2.5mm ID 6 wraps ohming in at around 0.4 is the sweet spot for me on the serpent mini.

That is what i would call useful data if the wattage(you provided in a later reply) had been provided too.

The gauge, metal type, lenght of the wire(calculated from the ID and number of wraps), and wattage are needed to know the heat flux.
The coil's OD(ID + gauge) is useful to get and idea about the air restriction in the chamber tho.

The wattage, without the coil's exact specifications, would give the same information about what is very likely to work, if the heat flux was known.

The heat flux and wattage alone give the coil's specs needed to acheive the goal.
Anything that give the exact same heat flux at same wattage will work, regardless of the gauge and number of wraps, given the coil's ID stay the same.
Obviously, this last statement is not true for a mech as the wattage is determine by the battery's voltage and the coil's resistance value.