Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+
10-pack

Bore?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      9/1/2017 3:01:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4888
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos4818
go back and look at a picture of the coils. The 0.8mm has an effect on how long the final coil will be.

Take the flat wire of thickness 0.3mm and wrap it with 0.2mm wire. How thick is the wire now? (.3 + 0.2 +0.2)
The wire is now 0.8 + 0.2 +0.2 mm wide. The width only affects the length of the final coil.

Take a piece of string and wrap it round a finger. now compare it with the same piece of string wrapped round 2 fingers.
Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#12 (permalink)      9/13/2017 6:49:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
phoenixbwp
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 278
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos129
The inner diameter is 3.5mm
You can add an extra wrap around a 3mm rod and use it in a single coil RTA like the Serpent SMM and vape at .3Ω
When in doubt? Hit it with a hammer!!! It'll work nicely afterwards...
#13 (permalink)      10/10/2017 4:05:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pktech
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 153
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos23
MotoBlue wrote:

go back and look at a picture of the coils. The 0.8mm has an effect on how long the final coil will be.

Take the flat wire of thickness 0.3mm and wrap it with 0.2mm wire. How thick is the wire now? (.3 + 0.2 +0.2)
The wire is now 0.8 + 0.2 +0.2 mm wide. The width only affects the length of the final coil.

Take a piece of string and wrap it round a finger. now compare it with the same piece of string wrapped round 2 fingers.

It took me a bit to get back to this message and to finally read and understand it. I have to admit there was one sentence I didn't get at all. "The width only affects the length of the final coil." In what way?

The 8mm refers to the width from end to end of this pre-made coil, right?

The 0.2mm is in the equation twice because it is on both sides of the 0.3mm base wire, still right? The 32gauge and the 0.2mm are the same, I'm guessing.

Thanks for the explanation via "fingers." It made a lot more sense to visualize the whole thing. Does this equation work for all types of complex coils?

Thanks for your help.