Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

PSA: Not able to flash firmware anymore, Not Arctic Fox Compatible Anymore
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/5/2022 8:34:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7717
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4505
+2 details
PSA: Not able to flash firmware anymore, Not Arctic Fox Compatible Anymore
For those original Istick Pico 75W mod fans who prefer Arctic Fox firmware, realize that these original Pico 75W mods are now being manufactured with a USB-C port instead of Micro USB and thus you cannot install Arctic Fox on these new generation Pico 75W mods. Big bummer, but if you look hard enough, you can find some of the old Micro-USB version on clearance.

They aren't able to be flashed with Eleaf's own firmware

Edited on 4/6/2022 at 7:19 PM
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#2 (permalink)      4/5/2022 10:42:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Charlygal
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 976
  • Reviews 641
  • Kudos1255
Love my picos just bought 3 for family elsewhere,desperately needed fast lol
M2mm x 3mm or 4mm - M2.5mmm x 3 or 4mm - M3mm x 3 or 4mm screws /grubs etc for new vapers will be invaluable
#3 (permalink)      4/6/2022 8:48:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
+1 details
Thanks for the heads up. For the record, please be aware that installation of aftermarket firmware (even if compatible) will void warranty for most mods.
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#4 (permalink)      4/6/2022 7:16:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7717
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4505
+2 details
geek wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. For the record, please be aware that installation of aftermarket firmware (even if compatible) will void warranty for most mods.

Yes, I understand that. But just so you know, the new Pico 75W with the USB-C can affect those that don't install 3rd party firmware because the mod was traditionally firmware updatable and eleaf still has the firmware available, so it's still relevant info for those that are not looking for 3rd party firmware. I updated my title and OP to reflect that.

Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#5 (permalink)      4/6/2022 8:49:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11014
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6884
Call me if ignorant...

How and why, the fuck they change USB ports, and decide not to use the data portion of the connection? Not even half-ass engineering, just half-ass work...
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#6 (permalink)      4/7/2022 8:44:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Skeeeets wrote:

Call me if ignorant...

How and why, the fuck they change USB ports, and decide not to use the data portion of the connection? Not even half-ass engineering, just half-ass work...

You're not ignorant to anything, except maybe the nature of the current industry. There are no "firmware updates" anymore, as there is nothing to update...simple mods like this one need to exist, but are strictly for noobs, or "I like it simple/ push button and vape" vapers. No one is buying Picos for temp control, at all - and if they are, they wouldn't know the difference between "good" and "bad" T.C. anyway - meaning the need to allow updates is just an unneeded expense, and they spend the money on fast charge instead - something more of the desired user base will likely use.

Yep, gone are the days of firmware updates and long term mod support - it's just the nature of the ever changing vape industry. While i think it sucks for those Arctic Fox people, times change.

What does he mean when he says words?
#7 (permalink)      4/7/2022 9:30:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11014
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6884
So I was correct with my original line of thought, not a physical hardware restriction, but software related to the company wanting to "lock out\remove" the feature.

Gotcha.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"