shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Weak battery warning
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/8/2017 7:02:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
meeyo
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos2
Weak battery warning
Just a quick question. I'm vaping at around 50W with LG HG2. When the battery drops to around 40% I get a Weak Battery warning and wattage starts to drop automatically - lower the battery bigger the drop is. I had VTC mini with Sony VTC5 and I never got this warning unless the battery is like 10%. Although I did notice a weaker vape so maybe VTC mini just didn't have this feature. Just checking if others are having this "problem" and whether this is normal behavior or there's something wrong with my mod or battery.
#2 (permalink)      1/8/2017 7:12:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
verynice
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1445
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos1512
+2 details
You should flash your VTwo w/ myevic or ArcticFox
Then read this:
https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic/blob/master/README.md
to figure out how to enable the voltage display.

@40% with this device your battery will probably be ~3.4v, meaning it should be charged soon-ish.
e: I know because I own the exact same SKU, its a good mod but I wouldn't trust the battery meter. I almost killed a 25r over here not paying attention to the voltage on the batt.

Edited on 1/8/2017 at 7:14 AM. Reason:
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -huxley
#3 (permalink)      1/8/2017 7:57:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
meeyo
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos2
Thank you man, this software is awesome! BTW, do you happen to know what does preheat do? I guess it preheats the coil (duh), but I don't see much of a difference in vape. Could you explain it to me?
#4 (permalink)      1/8/2017 9:05:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mitchmangr
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 507
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos995
+1 details
Preheat:

TCR Set Menu

Coil preheat function.
This function can only be active in "POWER" and "SMART" modes; it is ignored in all other modes.
Set at which power ( Pwr ) and how long ( Time ) you want the coil to be preheated when you fire; after this delay, the atomizer will be powered by your regular setting. Set the Time to zero to switch preheating off.
The Unit may be absolute Watts or percents of the main power setting.
The Delay allows to configure a dead time after fire, during which the preheating function will be disabled. This dead time goes from zero (Off) to 3 minutes. The delay runs from the end of fire. Use this feature if you use high inertia (heavy) builds to prevent over-heating when chain-vaping. The Delay also apply on power curves, preventing power to fire over 100% of the preset power within the given time.
A small P icon will appear on the main screen next to the the power setting to remind you the preheat function is enabled ("POWER" mode only). A blinking P indicates the dead time period.
If you configured a "PPwr" action in the multi-clicks configuration (see *Interface** menu), this action will pop-up this menu when in "POWER" or "SMART" mode.*

https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic
"The Electronic Thumb was a short squat black rod, smooth and matte with a couple of flat switches and dials at one end."
#5 (permalink)      1/8/2017 9:24:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
verynice
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1445
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos1512
Mitch nailed it.
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -huxley
#6 (permalink)      1/8/2017 11:23:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hadesfactor
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 744
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos423
+2 details
Chk your battery it self too. My cuboid does the same thing only when my batteries are nearing end of life. If youve been using the same batteries for 5-6 months theres a good chance your batteries are time to toss. Note that even if your batteries are charging to 4.2 doesn't mean they are still good. Chances are your internal resistance is really high and your batts are trash. There is a way to test internal res. Below taken from a forum:
All you need is a 4 ohm 5W power resistor
1) First, measure the battery's voltage when charged. This is V1
2) Next, connect your multimeter leads to each side of the resistor and briefly connect the resistor across the battery. Note the voltage reading, this is V2.
3) Measure your resistor to get its precise resistance, this is R

4) The battery's internal resistance (Ri) is calculated with the formula:

Ri = (V1-V2)*R/V2

Example: cell measures 4.2V unloaded, 4.0V when connected to a 4 ohm resistor has an internal resistance of 200 mOhms (0.2 ohms)

A new high quality 18650 battery will have an internal resistance under 100mOhms.

A used up 18650 battery will have a resistance 400mOhms or more

There is also an Xtar charger (Dragon) that can test it as well.

So it might be the FW but it also might be a dead batt. The quality of the HG2 has dropped a littler over the last couple of years my issue was with the same batteries you had

Edited on 1/8/2017 at 11:25 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      10/29/2018 2:32:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kovarniypidor
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Hey, same problem here. Fixed by updating to arcticfox. Hope everything gona be fine. F that.

Nevermind. Still have same problem.

Edited on 10/30/2018 at 5:22 AM. Reason: