shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Terrible finish, peeling off everywhere
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      9/10/2017 1:42:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bassett
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 1682
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos803
Don't polish a turd, painting it is a waste of your time. Cut your losses and don't buy evic in the future.
*smokebomb*
#22 (permalink)      9/10/2017 4:38:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31249
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos61525
+1 details
armac911 wrote:

This is my mod now. I call him.....\\THE TROOPER\\Hehe, just sanded it off, didn't apply any protection so it will most likely rust at some point. It's really a cheap mod and I really feel like not spending any more time on making it look pretty. On the other hand it is my daily driver so...I used sandpaper with different grits and I could probably get some super fine grit to give it a mirror finish, but for now - it's good enough ;) thanks for all the replies and advises.P.S. It's so much colder now and ... winter is coming.

I buffed my black one to a high polished chrome like finish.

Problem with zinc, it will tarnish within a few days and will need to be polished again and again.

If you try to clear coat or urathane it, it will also not dry/ adhere correctly.

Best thing is silicon sleeve from the get go.

Oh and putting a silicone sleeve directly over the zinc will make the silicone sleeve leave a slightly gummy mess on your mod.

I will try later to post pics to show what I mean.

https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#23 (permalink)      9/10/2017 4:49:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3878
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7735
Randallwhiz wrote:

It's a $32 mod.
I think you should buy a gallon of high quality paint, an industrial sander & hire 2 Mexicans to do an intricate mural on the sides.

.....that actually made me lol!

#24 (permalink)      9/10/2017 5:11:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31249
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos61525
+3 details
viking65 wrote:

Oh and putting a silicone sleeve directly over the zinc will make the silicone sleeve leave a slightly gummy mess on your mod.

I will try later to post pics to show what I mean.

Highly polished Black Evic mini SKU 3331700

Now the above looks really nice for the first day but will tarnish to a duller grey.

Tried Polyurethane and didn't adhere well and just scratched off, same for clear coat.

So decided I did not want to polish every day with Brasso so I bought a silicone sleeve for it SKU 3430602

So polished mod up and put the sleeve on it and this is the result of what it does to the silicone when directly on top of the zinc mod.

On the lower right you can still see where I tried to clear coat it and where I scratched it off.

The rest of the mod is from the silicone sleeve leaving a kinda gummy residue, inside of silicone sleeve does not feel gummy like mod though.

At this point I just leave that gummy stuff on as it doesn't build up anymore than you see, however it will build up again if you clean it... so i leave it as is.

Looks perfect in a sleeve IMO and has better feel in the hand.

https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#25 (permalink)      10/15/2017 10:41:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DragonUS
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 682
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos278
My black Vtwo Mini paint is still as good as new. used with silicone sleeve. Maybe I'm lucky, guess the QC is inconsistent though.
#26 (permalink)      12/9/2017 2:42:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Robert1
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1792
  • Reviews 211
  • Kudos957
Looks great worn out. Wish mine was loosing paint but still looks like new after a year.
I Vape in {{{ STEREO }}}
#27 (permalink)      2/28/2019 5:11:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
westozvaper
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Wow - wth hell else is in your pockets Man?? I been using these EVic Mini for 3 years (3rd one) now and never had the problem you describe....
I have been SUPER happy with this mod as has my 2 brothers... we all use them and none of us has had peely paint.
Maybe you got a dud one... :-(

Edited on 2/28/2019 at 5:13 AM. Reason: spelling