Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Any better alternative? Temp? Bad reviews?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/24/2017 7:25:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mrkmn
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2017
  • Posts 82
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos19
Any better alternative? Temp? Bad reviews?
This one comes up first when you search for "ultrasonic cleaner" and Sort by popularity... but again, not many reviews on them all ;-(

1) Anything better? With Temp control?

2) At which T (in Celsius) does this operate?

3) Some people report it dead after XY uses. Or water leaking into parts that it shouldn't.

How long do you have/use it and did you experience any bad things?

Of course, primary use would be to clean my vape gear.

TY.
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
#2 (permalink)      7/24/2017 8:10:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
I've had mine long enough that I can't pin an accurate date on it. Off the top of my head, 1.5 to 2 years, maybe more? It's been used maybe 50 times for 5 to 10 minutes at a time. 20 or so of those uses were all in on the same day, one after another, after returning from a long trip.

I can't say for sure that it's this exact one. I got it on the bay of fleas.

It's still working well. It works much better than the slightly cheaper all plastic "jewelry cleaner" I have of around the same age.

It works by water cavitation. I don't think temperature is relevant.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#3 (permalink)      7/24/2017 8:23:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
Just so you know these things can't remove stains. At least not at these price ranges.

What they excel at is getting into places you can't reach and removing grease, oil and debris. Stain removal is still best done with alcohol or something similar and elbow grease.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#4 (permalink)      7/24/2017 8:34:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
+1 details
I have a professional one used by jewellery pawn shops, I gather.

Think i spent about $200.
To be honest, if I knew then what i know today, I never would have purchased it.

Never found that it helped the ejuice steep faster.
Indeed it was more work because you had to put in your nic after the ultrasonic bath, so in the end, a dark cupboard, shaking it every day worked best.

As for cleaning vape gear?
Under a tap with simple dish soap and occasionally worked wonders.

The only thing i use this for today is to clean diamond and gold rings.
But even then, could have done the same with a soft brush and toothpaste.

Edited on 7/24/2017 at 8:36 AM. Reason: elbow grease all that is needed
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#5 (permalink)      7/24/2017 8:35:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Zion21
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 601
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos168
Good to know. Might be worth spending more for one that will clean stains though
#6 (permalink)      7/24/2017 8:46:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
Zion21 wrote:

Good to know. Might be worth spending more for one that will clean stains though

I don't know if they'll remove stains at any price. I just know these won't. They will attack it a little bit. About the equivalent of a hard rub with a dry cloth.

What these do really well is remove machine oils from new vape gear because they can get into places you can't reach. They do a good job on things like coil clamp screw holes, for example.

#7 (permalink)      7/24/2017 8:54:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
Using a professional version, I have a couple SS atomizers that inside developed brownish stains. I found they didnt come out, at least using it with regular water.
Whether or not they might have had i added alcohol I can't say because it wasn't important enough to me to bother trying as the stains were inside, not on the outside.

But no, on its own, it did not remove them.

It has been sitting in the laundry room on a shelf basically unused since the novelty of buying it wore off....a few weeks after purchasing it for the most part.

Edited on 7/24/2017 at 8:54 AM. Reason: + the typo
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#8 (permalink)      7/24/2017 1:34:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
laxal
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 378
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos346
+2 details
I don't have any ultrasonic cleaner, so I can't say a word about that.
But for cleaning I use backing soda. And it's a really really good stuff, imho. And so cheap!
To remove machining oil, it's perfect.
I use it to clean and remove the aroma on my juice bottles and it's perfect after a few hours of soaking.
And it can also be used for a ton af other things.
Like, for example, you have a thorn or a splinter in a finger? Prepare a paste with baking soda and just a little water, put it on the splinter with a sparadrap/plaster and two hours later, it goes out on its own, it's magic! Experienced!
I think it's called 'my two cents"... yes?
:)
#9 (permalink)      7/24/2017 1:57:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
While we're on splinters :)

These are the best designed splinter tweezers. The tweezers in this particular pair are flimsy but they don't need to be strong because you can see and remove the smallest of splinters with ease.

SKU 5370800

Buy a handful, put them everywhere they might be needed and remove spinters as soon as you feel it.

Edited on 7/24/2017 at 1:58 PM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      7/24/2017 1:59:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
martinc
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 7014
  • Reviews 309
  • Kudos3958
+1 details
From experience,the little brushes, a toothbrush and hot water still does a better job than this...be advised.

Something along those: SKU 5648203

Edited on 7/24/2017 at 2:01 PM. Reason:
non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
#11 (permalink)      7/24/2017 2:13:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randallwhiz
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1980
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos851
And yet another reason to use disposable shit...
Fuck cleaning, I replace my shit with more, ridiculously cheap, disposable shit.