shopping cart empty
What coil do you use ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      11/2/2018 3:00:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3712
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8740
Big_Jim wrote:

I'll try a 24ga single coil build in my lowpro next time i build it. would be a lot easier to rewick than 2 tiny coils. I'm running HE2s, going to grab new batteries eventually.

Sounds good, experiment away!

What I like and how I vape may not be how you do, so ya can adjust accordingly, but I think you'll like it. Do watch that your build has clearance and doesn't short against the topcap though. I nearly oooopsied that one on the NarCa.

Smaller single coils kinda are the thing for single battery Non-VV/VW mods. Hell, I've tried Notch coils and even 4mm SS316 builds on the Squeeze...but that's kinda nuts.

Remember steam-engine too for checking your power/ohms and stuff. :)

Edited on 11/2/2018 at 3:06 PM. Reason:
#22 (permalink)      11/2/2018 3:04:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Big_Jim
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 57
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos14
Caffeine wrote:

Big_Jim wrote:

I'll try a 24ga single coil build in my lowpro next time i build it. would be a lot easier to rewick than 2 tiny coils. I'm running HE2s, going to grab new batteries eventually.

Sounds good, experiment!

What I like and how I vape may not be how you do, so ya can adjust accordingly, but I think you'll like it.

But, smaller single coils kinda are the thing for single battery Non-VV/VW mods. Hell, I've tried tried Notch coils and even 4mm SS316 builds on the Squeeze...but that's kinda nuts.
Remember, steam-engine too for checking your power/ohms and stuff. :)

SKU 1533300 is what i use to check my builds. I never got into any of those different types of coils....clapton, fused, alien. I got out of vaping about 2-3 years ago and just picked it up again recently.

#23 (permalink)      11/2/2018 3:12:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wesyde1
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Big_Jim wrote:

Caffeine wrote:
Big_Jim wrote:

SKU 1533300 is what i use to check my builds. I never got into any of those different types of coils....clapton, fused, alien. I got out of vaping about 2-3 years ago and just picked it up again recently.

I always use one of my regulated mods to check any builds I have. Always wondered if one of those was worth the extra $$$?

#24 (permalink)      11/2/2018 3:21:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3712
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8740
Big_Jim wrote:

I meant using http://www.steam-engine.org/ for planning builds. It's invaluable.

Hmm, I remember those testers. I have the 'ol Smok Ommnitester myself.
But, I don't trust it for sub-ohms accuracy at all.

Better off using a regulated mod or even a DVM to test. You could be off especially if you don't clip leads short, longer legs, or etc.

Some of the newer "521 TAB" type vape build platforms have good meters though.

Like this: SKU 6708500
More HERE

I usually just build on a good sturdy VW mod though like my Aspire NX75, just easier for me. I'd like one of those build stand/testers, but just don't build enough to justify one.

Edited on 11/2/2018 at 3:26 PM. Reason:
#25 (permalink)      11/2/2018 3:25:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wesyde1
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
Yes I always use steam engine before I even buy coils/wire just to make sure its going to be about where I want/need. and for the $10 thats not a bad price, I've been using my RSQ and Pulse 80w to make sure my ohms are good.
#26 (permalink)      11/15/2018 7:09:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Big_Jim
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 57
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos14
Caffeine wrote:

Big_Jim wrote:I'll try a 24ga single coil build in my lowpro next time i build it. would be a lot easier to rewick than 2 tiny coils. I'm running HE2s, going to grab new batteries eventually.Sounds good, experiment away!What I like and how I vape may not be how you do, so ya can adjust accordingly, but I think you'll like it. Do watch that your build has clearance and doesn't short against the topcap though. I nearly oooopsied that one on the NarCa.Smaller single coils kinda are the thing for single battery Non-VV/VW mods. Hell, I've tried Notch coils and even 4mm SS316 builds on the Squeeze...but that's kinda nuts.Remember steam-engine too for checking your power/ohms and stuff. :)

I rebuilt the lowpro with a single coil, 24ga kanthal, 5 wraps. came out to .44, and i'm loving it. thanks for the suggestion!