shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Anyone betting this one works?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      11/12/2016 11:53:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
Kjshop wrote:

If you're stupid and you know it, clap your hands... If not, check customer feedback and reviews objectively. If you do, you may notice real customer-verified issues and P4u's history of hit-n-run, once-a-month, incomplete, release strategy.

TY, that's exactly what I wanted to say, with out the first part that was some what insulting to P4u's massive consumer base. Other then that, great post.

You will find die hard fans of allot of different companies, P4U I have yet to meet anyone who was a total fan of there stuff, and bought all of there products, there must be one some place.

#12 (permalink)      11/12/2016 12:55:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mstave
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 230
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos92
EternalSpline wrote:

Kjshop wrote:
You will find die hard fans of allot of different companies, P4U I have yet to meet anyone who was a total fan of there stuff, and bought all of there products, there must be one some place.

What I find infuriating with P4Y is that (at least some of) their mods would be real winners if they weren't released with fixable issues, and if the company was upfront about features. There is no excuse for Sending out advanced mods with non-working TCR, or telling customers that the firmware can be upgraded when it can't.

That said, the IPV5 and the IPVd2 are real workhorses, that function as advertised and needed no mods or fixes in my experience.

#13 (permalink)      11/12/2016 1:32:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
I have a D3, I like it. It will not hold OHMs in non temp wattage mode with SS though, and it spikes, not large spikes but they are noticeable from time to time.

Some would say this is good because it's constantly watching your ohms, but honestly I consider it a flaw. Not so bad, on the D3 the spike is .29-.34 type of spike. Unlike the first Istick 100W that spikes all over the place, the non TC actual first one.

50W istick internal battery doesn't do it, but that one does.
#14 (permalink)      11/12/2016 1:41:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
filorp
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 246
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos64
Obviously guys you are not vaping long enough to know that more or less every second release from pioneer4you is dude, this one after fiasco of 400 and ipv6 will be fantastic and stellar mod. IPV5 was stellar so was the 3rd version, 4 and 4s gathered rather mixed opinions... If I wasn't so happy about ipv5 or if it broke I would go and buy this one blindly.
#15 (permalink)      11/12/2016 2:32:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
I have vaped long enough to know they make allot of shit products, and don't care about there consumers but buy what ever you want to buy.

Personally I can't support companies like that. When they know, they know without a doubt the product is flawed, yet they push them out and push them out.. Come on man, stand up for vapors with your $, then maybe they will stop this crap.

You support them every other mod? Nah, no support from me, and sig joined that group when they got exposed and threatened legal action due to it. Oh so that's what you want reviewers to just stroke you off no matter what shit product your pushing awesome!
#16 (permalink)      11/12/2016 4:28:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kjshop
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 215
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos132
@ EternalSpline
I don't really mean to be insulting to anyone. I just don't think it's wise to be supporting a company that clearly has no consideration for its customers when they get stuck with unfinished products over and over.
#17 (permalink)      11/12/2016 6:34:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
Yeah that is what I said basically in my post above, "sand up for vapors with your $ (money) by not buying there products then they will stop this crap. (pushing out shit products).

I don't really care though, if you see a P4U product, and you like it based on looks or ergonomics or what ever, if it makes you happy and you like it by all means use it, buy it. If your a big fan of there products, go for it buy them all.

If it turns out to be a shit mod though, that's classic P4U, and the info is out there, and no your not helping the progression of products being good products.
#18 (permalink)      11/14/2016 6:41:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
filorp
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 246
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos64
there is always some but.... as in this case: yihi chip - one of three best chips on the market (dna, yihi, hohmtech) - we just have to wait and see what is this one going to be like.... and ipv is now (as sigelei crapped out) only maker of mods based on yihi chips (out of plain politeness I didn't mentioned about ksd which is complete joke). Sorry but I will not pay for 1pc of sx mini Q the same price i can get two hohmwreckers for.
#19 (permalink)      11/14/2016 11:49:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
How is the hommwrecker? I watched a review on it, said it was OK in this mode not so great in that..

I met a guy with one though and he loved it, said it was one of his favorites.

I personally don't like look with all the symbols, it's just not for me. To each there own in that kind of thing. Really though if it is top notch who knows maybe the busyness of it bothers you less over time.

DNA board is getting allot of praise but the cost of the DNA 200 is still pretty high, get what you pay for I guess, but team cheap mod is doing just fine. I have two DNA 30's still going strong, one RDNA, one DNA, and I got the RDNA for doing some work for a vape shop. My brother inlaw only has one mod and it's the DNA 30, he's been exclusively using that for years now, and it is still going strong apart from some battery fade.

Yihi I don't know much about other then they have multiple boards, and with DNA it is much easier to be well versed on, but Yihi has what more then 6 I want to say? In active rotation in old and new mods you see that is. Also I hear they are more consistent then better, at least in older mods. New stuff no clue..

Funny though so much of the features, I think the majority of us do not use. I hate temp control, and have no interest in it, yet I would like the curve value option, I can't remember the name of the mod that uses it but you can adjust the whole line of it so it fires how you set your curve..
Not the hard/Med/Soft but an actually displayed curve that you can adjust in graph form. That way you can change it for the build, big wire builds it would be nice to heat faster, but not have the ramp down eating you liquid, if it calculated the average puff time and then calculated the fluctuation accordingly you wouldn't need to pulse fire as you vape.
#20 (permalink)      11/14/2016 12:32:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
filorp
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 246
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos64
homwrecker does kanthal tc so... so..., it does however tc with nicr wire in the way that most of the nowadays mods can't still do with ss wire - it is most advanced mod build to date imho. Tc for me is very useful, it basically changed my vaping style no more ramp up effect, no more hot vape, long direct lung draws is finally possible even with kanthal (and homwrecker in tc mode) I do still have dna30 and love it.
#21 (permalink)      11/14/2016 1:40:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
Hmmm, I can get long direct long draws without heat with no TC, what is your build style?

I have been doing SS316 high 26-36 to 40 over for dripping, from time to time a round wire build, really any build if it suits the atty. RTA's almost always just using a simple round wire 3MM build, except the OBS Engine, that one is actually better with my SS claptons.

Are you team single coil or dual, RDA, RTA, Subtank? Wide open or restricted airflow? Wire type?

I have found the SS to run better at lower watts with ease, a build I would run at 50-80 (Kanthal) watts with the SS I probably run it at about 35-40ish. I hate warm vapes though and I am not trying to enter a cloud contest, but I use very high nic and don't want little kitten farts of vapor, and I don't want to chain vape to get my nic. The shop I go to will make me a 36MG so I have been debating getting that for my older less cloudy stuff. I love my old Lemo Drop, but it's hard to use it because I chain vape it, and it's just not made for the bigger coils really.