shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Anyone betting this one works?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      11/26/2016 6:13:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
westcan, I read this three times and I still can't really tell what it is your asking.

Stickers on battery ends? No clue. For shipping, is that some local thing for where you are from or a personal preference? When I buy batteries in the states they always come in a small cardboard box tightly sealed, and I never buy one so they get packed 2 in separate boxes, inside a 2nd box, and boxes have a slight texture to them, like they are coated cardboard, no issues yet.

You need help with Joules, that I understood. It's the way they do temp if I am not mistaken, and it probably has a dedicated chart for it some place. I don't do temp control ever so I never messed with my Joules. I would guess, just start low and move up to the spot you like it. I know that isn't a great answer but my google hand is tired.

DJLSB vapes on youtube might have a review for this one, he takes the mods apart tests every thing, how accurate it all is in temp and all that... He is your best bet to find out if a mod is good or not, at least as far as I have seen, he usually catches flaws others miss or don't care to find.
#32 (permalink)      11/26/2016 9:30:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
I just want the iPV D3 body, with a proper Yihi chip that does SS/TC properly and I would be in heaven.

Still the best lil mod that fit my hand just perfectly.
They lost me after the D3s fiasco :(

Joules is the same as TC.
Just a different word but numbers the same, etc

( my SX Mini mods are in joules as well )

Edited on 11/26/2016 at 9:32 PM. Reason:
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#33 (permalink)      11/26/2016 9:59:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
TC never appealed to me, but doing it in Joules appealed to me even less. Yeah the D3 body is fantastic, I would love a D3 with a better board. The fluctuation in SS is tolerable to me, but I have to vape under, so when it reads wrong it's still OK, it's not a big deal. I think it's like max a .08 fluctuation if I remember correctly. .08 does not sound like much but .32-.08=.24 and wattage mode SS that seems to be more of a difference then Kanthal would have been, due to the heating properties. So I tend to use it with SS, at an under wattage and so half of the time it is prime prime puff and the other half is prime oh joy it's right!

Going to buy some Kanthal in multiple gauges again, and just use it on that mainly. I have some now, but only 26, and I think a 32 gauge. I want to play around with some builds if I have the ohms to work with, it should be fun. My one gripe on the SS really, the ohms drop, but it's not bad because it heats with less but it does not really allow the same build freedoms Kanthal does. Still the benefits far outweigh the negatives, flavor alone SS is so much better, and the builds seem to last so much longer..
#34 (permalink)      11/26/2016 10:09:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172

Still the benefits far outweigh the negatives, flavor alone SS is so much better, and the builds seem to last so much longer..

Im peculiar in that i dont necessarily care for SS in power mode.
I dont dislike it but for some reason I prefer kanthal that way.
I like my SS in TC mode only.

Funnily enough I think the builds on kanthal last longer.
The coil is "tougher" because they are right beside each other.
The SS coil is separate, hence, you have to be more careful rewicking.

TBH, I much prefer the SX boards for SS/TC than most others.
They give a really smooth vape, much like I remember loving the Sigelei 100+ watt devices 2 years ago.
I have several evics, and picos that all do SS/TC very well but none of them will ever match the SX Minis, at least in my opinion.
SS/TC can sometimes be fiddly, on evics, picos, although more so using an atty like the moonshot, but rarely with the SX Mini yihi chips.

The D3 was an awesome lil mod.
Ive had 3 of them and in power mode, it was as good as my more expensive mods.
D3s was the only mod last year I really wanted but it never appeared :(

To each his own though.

#35 (permalink)      11/26/2016 10:18:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2466
+1 details
IPV 6X is doing fine for me so far with the 1.5 programming. I just drove with it in my cup holder in my car and it did just fine. Note: There might be some luck in the draw for the battery door working properly!

Yihi does excellent TC, and energy efficient chips.

It is one of the smallest modes I have ever held.
#36 (permalink)      11/26/2016 10:28:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2466
funny note: I didn't lock it out and it was at 10J when I got back to my car after Thanks givings dinner? It is still an excellent mode.
#37 (permalink)      11/26/2016 10:41:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
dont doubt that mitchL

i have too many mods as it is, not looking for a new one, etc, BUT, if they came out with the d3s tomorrow, a year or so late, I would still pick up a couple.
Its the one mod I am still in mourning for :(
#38 (permalink)      11/26/2016 10:50:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
+1 details
I like my D3 wouldn't trade it, bit off in SS non temp (doesn't have it, in temp) but other then that the fit and finish on it is great. Size is nice hand feel buttons all of it is good, no complaints except the ohms fluctuating, but it's doing that because it is meant to do that to control it in temp mode.. The old all silver Kanger mod, single 18650 on the other hand has temp modes not SS but is rock solid in non temp SS, same with an old DNA 30, and Pressa 75, old first RX200... and all sorts of random other stuff, pretty much any thing without any temp mode on it is great for it, lol..

Yeah the TC and the spaced coils, I don't space my SS coils, I some times do spaced coils but not because of TC, but because of the even all at once glow, not middle out glow. The O-atty squonker has a 26-36 over SS 5 wrap 3MM spaced and it works like a champ on the first kanger squonk sub drip mech-ish style mod.

No SS in power mode? Why not? I still am out of the loop with temp control.. The SS builds I have dry burned re-wicked and they are great again and again. The Kanthal would get a weird flavor over time, the SS gets it just all the sudden, it's like it hit a wall it's done, pull it out... You can't re-wick it, it's just fucked. I have re-wicked a few of them thinking that was it, and then the taste is back right away. Very weird.. Builds have lasted a long long time though. Of coarse sucralose sweeter seems to kill any build fast. I do like the taste of it in some flavors though, some thing about a raspberry lemonade you just can't get right without it, it seems. I might just not have the right flavors though, but some of the flavor companies add it in also, to my knowledge. I need to buy a few more DIY flavors, I accidentally made a huge batch of grape candy I will be vaping that for the next year, on and off... Can't rush the DIY! Oh and if you like the taste of silly stuff like the for kids yogurt, sucralose... Any of that cheap fake flavored stuff with a few exceptions seems to only hit right on point with it. I don't vape a ton of it so I don't really care if it is bad for me, more then non juices.

I would probably fuck with temp control if I was into subtanks. Other then that I can't picture going that route. It's also great for staying team cheap mod, if your just using power, it's out there all over dirt cheap. I got a 10.00 Dovpo executive 50W lol.. Never had the brand before figured 10 bucks might as well... Barely used it but it's rock solid in ohms so far, reading it lower then the rest but not a big deal. It's short and fat so it fits the 25MM perfectly. I got an I just S out of curiosity for 14.00, 3000 mah and fire pretty low builds it's been great with SS. Limitless RDTA on top, dual SS claptons, kind of weak-ish but good.
#39 (permalink)      11/26/2016 11:12:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172

No SS in power mode?

I cannot answer that if only because i dont know the answer.

I find all aspects of vaping rather fluid.
How i feel about it today, I might feel entirely the opposite 2 weeks from now.

My taste buds seem to change frequently now, 3 years after having quit smoking.
TC is not about dry hits for me.
Its about dulling some flavours in an ejuice but strengthening others.
But that will likely only make sense to those using TC/SS for the same reasons i do.

In short, just as some ejuice tastes better in one atty than another, even if the builds are 100% identical,
so do I find that various recipes taste best in TC, than in power.
But that said, no matter the mode, I tend to become bored quickly and 1 month in of vaping 80% of my ejuice with SS/TC, I like to mix it up one day and wrap them all in kanthal/power......and 2 weeks later revert back to kanthal/power for flavour variations.

Sometimes if I have a fresh e-juice with a fruit in it, that could use an extra few days of steep time, I find the SS/TC cuts through it better than kanthal.
But on the other hand, if i have an ejuice older than 4 weeks, I find that the SS/TC can heighten the muted flavour I seem to get after a month, and revert back to kanthal often, just to finish that bottle.

I dont think its anything i can truly explain other than to simply offer that it's just what my own personal experience has brought.

I dont have any sweeteners in my DIY but one that does use Cake Yellow and I have to rewick daily as it gunks up the coil.

In the beginning of my vape journey, that really didnt bother me but now i am ultra sensitive to any taste that I consider less than 150% perfect, at least for myself.
I used to love my ejuice steeped long enough it was dark, thick and almost syrupy.
Now i can no longer handle that and prefer it 1-2 weeks old at the most.
So that all plays into my own preferences for kanthal/power or SS/TC at different times, days, and e-juice.

It may sound as if i give this a lot of thought but i really dont.
I just know what i respond to and what i dont.

#40 (permalink)      11/26/2016 11:26:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2466
+1 details
I just gave away a subtank mini 3ml top fill clone to a neighbor and good friend. Her husband just died. I put in a 3 mm 3 rap 316 L stainless steel ribbon coil in an authentic RBA. I put it on a new grey Pico and set to to 35 joules, at 420 F. That combination hits hard. I think I might have to find her a nice menthol liquid to use with it!

Note: ribbon coil works excellent on Kangertech authentic RBA+
#41 (permalink)      11/26/2016 11:29:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
+1 details
which ribbon coil Mitch?

i have a few of the original kanger subtanks - haven't used them in over a year. The might entice me to check them out again