shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Tank to tank squonker?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      11/18/2016 8:50:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LuckyLarry
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 1689
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos1197
Wylie wrote:

I see where you're coming from but even on a mill or drill press a drill bit can scue for a few reasons, not sharpened correctly and too much pressure are the general causes.

Quite right Wylie; however, think of a lathe and centre drill, it’s the centripetal force of the turning job that pulls the drill bit to the centre.

I have drilled several 510 centre pins, free hand, by putting the pin in the chuck of a drill and holding a 1.5mm drill bit with a pair pliers. It works fine and in fact trying to hold the drill bit too firmly will probably spoil the job :)

Your ego could be your greatest enemy.
#12 (permalink)      11/18/2016 8:53:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kemosabe
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 2681
  • Reviews 203
  • Kudos1245
even if you do find/create a proper squonk pin, the problem lies in trying to squonk a tank. if you squonk the juice onto the deck, the chances of the juice finding its way down into the tank will be a slow process at best. not ideal at all.

squonking directly into the bottom of the tank wont work either because of the vacuum. you squeeze the bottle and juice squirts into the tank, but then once you release the bottle, the recoil of the bottle will just pull all that juice right back into the bottle. you'd have to squonk into the tank, at the very top of the fill line. kinda tricky to engineer. just carry a spare bottle. JMO.

EDIT: i just looked closer at the 5th photo...looks like there is holes there that might be squonk-friendly. i wonder what the purpose of those holes are if its not for squonking. strange they'd be there yet not include a squonk pin with the atty. makes me think its for somehting else, or perhaps a squonk pin is included.

Edited on 11/18/2016 at 8:59 AM. Reason:
*Join CASAA to fight for our rights as vapers*
#13 (permalink)      11/18/2016 9:09:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5658
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3655
+2 details
Glad you managed your pins Larry.

EDIT: i just looked closer at the 5th photo...looks like there is holes there that might be squonk-friendly. i wonder what the purpose of those holes are if its not for squonking. strange they'd be there yet not include a squonk pin with the atty. makes me think its for somehting else, or perhaps a squonk pin is included.

The purpose of the holes is filing from the top, removing the that center screw at the top of the build deck reveals a hole to fill the tank through. I'd think squonk filling of the tank would help prime the wicks.

Always keep your ear to the ground!
#14 (permalink)      11/18/2016 9:10:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Corpsebutter
  • JoinedAug 2016
  • Posts 167
  • Reviews 18
  • Kudos71
Nvm lol

Edited on 11/18/2016 at 9:11 AM. Reason: Answered already
#15 (permalink)      11/18/2016 9:14:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5658
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3655
+2 details
The holes that would fill the tank are in the tank, in the center shaft near the bottom of the build deck. All that would be needed is a hole from the contact point of the center pin through the the horizontal holes that are in the center pin already.
#16 (permalink)      11/18/2016 9:24:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Corpsebutter
  • JoinedAug 2016
  • Posts 167
  • Reviews 18
  • Kudos71
I'd just drill right through, take the fill screw off and let the juice flow top to bottom, set my wicks to the sides of the holes for drainage. Might work? The tank would be more of a catch cup between squonks.
#17 (permalink)      11/18/2016 9:33:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LuckyLarry
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 1689
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos1197
Corpsebutter wrote:

I'd just drill right through, take the fill screw off and let the juice flow top to bottom, set my wicks to the sides of the holes for drainage. Might work? The tank would be more of a catch cup between squonks.

Well that wouldn’t work because the tank would fill long before the fluid reached the top. :)

#18 (permalink)      11/18/2016 9:42:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kemosabe
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 2681
  • Reviews 203
  • Kudos1245
+1 details
Wylie wrote:

The holes that would fill the tank are in the tank, in the center shaft near the bottom of the build deck. All that would be needed is a hole from the contact point of the center pin through the the horizontal holes that are in the center pin already.

oh ok that makes sense. so that knurled screw (seen in photo 4 atop the posts) leads to those holes in the tank along the center pole? i thought that screw was to hold the stacked posts on top of each other. there must be something else holding the top post to the insulator to the bottom post.

*Join CASAA to fight for our rights as vapers*
#19 (permalink)      11/18/2016 9:43:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5658
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3655
+2 details

oh ok that makes sense. so that knurled screw (seen in photo 4 atop the posts) leads to those holes in the tank along the center pole?

That would be correct.

Edit:
"there must be something else holding the top post to the insulator to the bottom post."
The inner center post/positive pin is threaded on the exterior at the top and this is what holds the build deck blocks in place.

Edited on 11/18/2016 at 9:46 AM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      11/18/2016 9:56:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LuckyLarry
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 1689
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos1197
+1 details
Well, I’m forgetting my manners so I’ve gone through and given Kudos where I feel it’s due.

Edited to add: prompted by Kemosabe. LOL

Edited on 11/18/2016 at 9:58 AM. Reason:
#21 (permalink)      12/28/2016 1:49:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5658
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3655
+1 details
DNA 60 board and three of these ordered up, going for a small form factor squonk mod build I guess. Single 18650, 10 ml bottle in a 1590A box, 60 watts may not be enough without cable, mesh and small gauge wire but we'll see.