[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Flavour???
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/29/2017 6:23:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MeteOne
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2016
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos61
Flavour???
I bought this just recently as a cheap setup for work, rocking on the noisy Cricket 2 in series. I built it just like all my other tanks with 26ga/32ga kanthal a1 claptons ohming out at 0.55, 3mm ID, the coils are at the top of the post, so very near to the airholes, a little bit higher and they will probably short out.
I just get a muted flavor out of this, still dense but not as good as my sxk Petri or tornado nano. I prefer a restricted lung draw (turned down the airflow to a quarter open) and a probably hot vape. But this setup just gives me a muted flavor, not airy, but muted.

How is your experience on the engine mini tank?

Edited on 3/29/2017 at 6:28 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      3/29/2017 8:52:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nailseayts
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 10798
  • Reviews 502
  • Kudos13577
I found flavor ok but not a dense thick vape like most other tanks I have. Got a lot of spit back with high wattage.

Sold it after 2 weeks and tried every build but just didn't like it. Great idea but meh really!
Always go full potato!
#3 (permalink)      3/29/2017 11:36:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42164
I don't have this, but I think they need to work out how to focus the airflow directly onto the coil with these top airflow atomizers. The airflow is too slow. Maybe an extra wrap will make it better.
#4 (permalink)      3/30/2017 7:52:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MeteOne
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2016
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos61
+1 details
After putting another 2 different coils in it, I can say this tanks not for me. I don't really get a separation and details between the different flavors in my juices, that I'm used to get from other attys. Maybe I'm a bit picky because I've vaped several liters of them already and know them really good.

I don't get much spitback, a little bit maybe but that depends on wicking, I don't mind getting fresh cooked delicious juice directly in my mouth though.

Wuwei they could have made the airflow faster and more concentrate directly on the coil with a smaller airholes on the inside of the deck, but I think that would be too much restriction for the big wide open vapers. Well for my part I like restricted lung hits...

I'm just surprised everyone talks so highly about the engine tanks for a long time already, I gave it a try... I'll give it to my brother, I think he will like it more than me.
#5 (permalink)      3/30/2017 10:43:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4170
My experience was the same OP. The 2 I own sit on a table waiting to be given away to unsuspecting vapers near me..
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#6 (permalink)      4/22/2017 5:22:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jeffmsjunk
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos16
+1 details
Compared to a few other tanks, the flavor is slightly muted, but the trade off for me is how leakproof this tank is. I've only had it for two weeks, but it's been living on an iStick PICO in my pocked almost 24/7 since I received it. I use different drippers at home, and different tanks for long car rides/commutes, but for running around town and throwing a mod in a pocket, this tank is awesome. If you guys giving them away are in the US, I'd gladly pay shipping if you want to send them my way!
#7 (permalink)      4/22/2017 5:36:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
+2 details
I love this tank.
Yet its 100% different than tanks I am normally down for...

Have a couple of them.
Its a change up from the Bellus, Moonshot dense vapes.
Its a teeny weeny bit muted if only because it's not as dense but I find certain DIY flavours just work best in it, than all of them but when you get the right one, its perfect.

Also perfect to throw in a squash bag or backpack and not worry about it leaking.

Edit: I only vape at 30w. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Edited on 4/22/2017 at 5:37 PM. Reason:
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#8 (permalink)      4/22/2017 11:36:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MSAKSA
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 344
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos195
+1 details
I have the regular engine and I will assume it is the same as the mini, only difference is juice capacity.

I always use 2.5 or 2 mm. 3mm is a bit too much for the tank. Also, fluff the cotton and let it pass the wick holes, sometimes it touches the base.

as for the resistance, I keep it between 0.3 and 0.4

This is my usual setup if it helps.

Edited on 4/22/2017 at 11:37 PM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      4/23/2017 1:21:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
banjo
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 850
  • Reviews 140
  • Kudos854
+2 details
Im happy with mine in SS single coil Clapton 0.45 Ohms.
It just doesnt get any better than this !