Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Received...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#81 (permalink)      3/9/2017 2:45:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Helder_Santos
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 452
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos882
+1 details
EternalSpline, thanks for your advice.
I will try 'plumbers tape' or a very, very tiny O-ring between the deck pin and the insulator inside the 510.
I can't risk losing a Box Mod because of this shit problem :(

ShelaghStone, thanks for your kind words.
I bought this and other stuff based on the positive reviews here but once again I was wrong to buy :(
Fasttech, please give us the shipping method 'Spain Express - Priority Line' https://www.fasttech.com/forums/order-support/t/2394666/we-pay-for-delivery-now?2394932
#82 (permalink)      3/9/2017 2:53:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
Frustrating, I know Helder.
Not even the money but the anticipation deflated.

I long ago learned to value 1-2 people's opinions only, people who I know have the same taste with atomizers as I do.
These same people tend to buy stock faster than anyone else here, usually and might not say that one isn't worth buying but will certainly say when one is.

My own issues have been with highly recommended atomizers but my fault in choosing to purchase the first one in black rather than SS.
Have reverted back to SS first and if/when proven to be well made and i like it enough to purchase a 2nd, then I will try black.
There just seems to be a lot of screwy lots in black, or at least the ones i come across, rather than SS :(

So short answer, find someone who vapes like you who you can trust.
I long ago learned that a great number of people will rave about an atomizer but 3 days later be on to a better one.

Edit: A look at your join date and i guess that is all irrelevant and you would know to do that anyhow

Edited on 3/9/2017 at 2:54 PM. Reason:
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#83 (permalink)      3/9/2017 3:13:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6188
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4451
NP, Helder_Santos I hope it works out for you. Don't lose a box mod over it though. I would say do the fix and set it in a shot glass and wait 24 hours.

ShelaghStone it is good advice though, no matter when the join date.

Some times you do just get a bad one though, and it's not the advisers fault. Still good advice...

I have gotten stuff rated a much lower rating then I would give it, and the other way around.

I recently picked up a Clieto just for some thing when I didn't feel like building, it's got some down sides for sure but ehhh, a pretty cheap sub tank, not bad at all. Cons the drip tip is fucking dumb it's not really 510 compatible, you can't primer puff blow into it or it will put liquid out of the bottom, I don't do that much any way. Kind of stupid how a pack of coils is about as much as a tank with some of these sub tanks, just personal opinion...
#84 (permalink)      3/9/2017 4:20:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nezzy
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 654
  • Reviews 37
  • Kudos370
Did you see the review with the same problem Helder_Santos? I think they were saying to push the insulator from the base upwards with the deck out. Then as you screw it in, the bottom of the deck should form a barrier with the insulator. Not sure if it will help in your case, but maybe worth a try.
#85 (permalink)      3/9/2017 4:44:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
I'm surprised this issue now appears to be happening with the SS version of the Exo rta.

Touch wood my black and ss Exo's are working perfectly. I've only had one atty out of the 150+ that I own not work on me and that was a poorly machined black Petri rta. But if there is ever a small problem I am confident that a fix can be found here in the forums from helpful members.
#86 (permalink)      3/9/2017 4:51:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
Most of my failures this past year have been with Moonshot style atomizers, which this falls under.
Don't know if that is just bad luck of there is something inherently wrong with the engineering of such an atty?

And now DJ says the same issue is happening with the SS version.
Is this all engineering or have factories become sloppier.....or both my and Helders bad luck?
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#87 (permalink)      3/9/2017 4:56:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JessVapin
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 8551
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos22303
Luck has a lot to do with it when buying vape gear. That's the unfortunate reality. =(
Godspeed
#88 (permalink)      8/19/2017 9:20:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
alexutzubuzz123
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 32
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos6
Same thing happened with mine...now it sits in my drawer the problem is that the deck dosent have any kind of good seal with the 510 pin when i remove it its like a fulled lubed dildo