[dismiss] Holiday closure: from January 27th to February 7th, 2022. Shipping and support will resume on February 8th, 2022. (details)
FastTech wishes you and yours a safe and prosperous year of Tiger 🐱.
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Picture
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/25/2018 12:02:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FoxVape
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 5048
  • Reviews 132
  • Kudos5589
+5 details
Picture
This TVL is much like, in performance and function, a SMPL. Where the switch on a SMPL can unscrew with a coin, the switch on this TVL can recess too far and become semi difficult to unscrew. Also it is a 24.6mm mod which can make it difficult to pair/hybrid with a suitable atty. Overall, it's a nice Mechanical and I like it much!

Paired with a Kayfun Mini V3 Plus and SKU 9645442

Edited on 8/25/2018 at 5:21 PM. Reason:
Two wolves fight within us. One is evil, one is good. The one that wins is the one we feed.
#2 (permalink)      8/25/2018 1:07:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
solksagen
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 1807
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos2642
+1 details
"14.6mm". You must be confusing it with another thingy you own :D

Edited on 8/25/2018 at 1:08 PM. Reason:
300Wartz zero fighting zero spam zero trolls
#3 (permalink)      8/25/2018 1:44:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FapiFapo
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7822
  • Reviews 133
  • Kudos11898
+2 details
We are not all flushness maniacs.

"stepped" setups can be very nice looking too.

That plain tube look is so boring....how many pics have i seen with a tube mod and a short atty on top with flat topcap ? OK it looks nice (sometimes) but what is the interest of duplicating it endlessly ?? This is is so lame.

I am a collector.What is the appeal of having 100 simple plain tubes ?? Where is creativity,imagination ??
Well,i have an answer : it's lost in conformism.Extreme conformism.It's not even good taste,or love of minimalism.
Just conformism.

It's way more creative to mix and match intricate shapes and succeeding in making a pretty object.It's harder to succeed,and you will fail sometimes,but when you do succeed,you will be proud of yourself and you will never be bored of the shapes.

But stacking tubes,wtf ?? Ok,you will do a nice looking setup easily,and you will have instant satisfaction as well.Your pictures will be "liked" by a lot of people,because "good taste "minimalism" and all that kind of stereotypes.But in fact,i know for real that 99 % of the people who like that do not even have the knowledge of what minimalism really is.And it just ends as a boring object.

I"m saying it because i acted like that in the beginning as well....and my collection looked pretty boring.Conclusion :the lesson is : think out of the box,be creative,follow your instinct...and never listen to what forum dumbasses says.

(and kudos to you fox !! )

Edited on 8/25/2018 at 1:45 PM. Reason:
Bye Bye FastTech !! It's been an epic ride,but i'm done with this badly managed forum
#4 (permalink)      8/25/2018 1:46:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FoxVape
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 5048
  • Reviews 132
  • Kudos5589
solksagen wrote:

"14.6mm". You must be confusing it with another thingy you own :D

I corrected it! :-)

Two wolves fight within us. One is evil, one is good. The one that wins is the one we feed.
#5 (permalink)      8/26/2018 8:33:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15387
  • Reviews 381
  • Kudos29355
+3 details
We are not all flushness maniacs, that's true. =)
But need to add, I've been loving the SMPLs because of the simplicity of use and because it's short. Yep, nothing exciting there, but could say: the simplicity of look did some good too when you were seeing yourself surrounded with all the superficial surplus' wherever you looked.
I don't really need anything more like vape-gear, so just dropping some orders from time to time to some more interesting tubes (too). And happy when can do some little shortening on the switch end ;)

@Fox: no difficulties to unscrew these switches, just hold the tube vertically, put one finger under the switch (with the right tension you'll feel a little play) and use the gravity. It will come easily. (true, you can't go fast with it)

Edited on 8/26/2018 at 9:01 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      8/26/2018 8:37:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15387
  • Reviews 381
  • Kudos29355
+1 details
That bulging tank makes it look very well balanced. :)
#7 (permalink)      8/26/2018 9:06:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FoxVape
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 5048
  • Reviews 132
  • Kudos5589
+1 details
cilika wrote:

@Fox: no difficulties to unscrew these switches, just hold the tube vertically, put one finger under the switch (with the right tension you'll feel a little play) and use the gravity. It will come easily. (true, you can't go fast with it)

Yeah, I kind of got the feel of the process of unscrewing the switch. I just wanted to point it out for others. :-)

cilika wrote:

That bulging tank makes it look very well balanced. :)

Believe it or not, I partially bought the TVL to go with the bubble glasses I have on various tanks. I guess it worked out. :-)

#8 (permalink)      3/8/2019 1:21:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15387
  • Reviews 381
  • Kudos29355
Foxvape, have you managed to take the switch apart since?
I just can't. The button turns around together with the nut. Tried to take out the delrin part, not sure if I screwed it in or out. That's all the achievement for the moment. Otherwise it's a nice chunk of metal. ;)