shopping cart empty
Better flavour than silicone?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/8/2021 9:22:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hry218
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 52
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos21
Better flavour than silicone?
I'm thinking of migrating back to PE/LDPE bottles on my squonk mods. Silicone tends to mute the flavour even when it is new. I always had to drip to really taste the flavour. I also remember my PE bottles from Hcigar VT Inbox (the black bottle) and the PE ModMaker bottle never had this issue. I already spent my money on Cappy/BFX, Xstar, Sunbox, Goldilock and they are all the same. I'm ordering this PE bottle now fingercrossing that this is actually the issue with silicone itself and not the squonk systems or else I would go back to dripping. ;) Anyone else has this issue and care to chime in? Thanks.

Edited on 5/8/2021 at 9:25 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      5/8/2021 10:29:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2766
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1462
I have listened to Grimm Green say this...well, he used to say this, back when I still watched him. He claimed the silicone had a "taste"...I say nonsense, but possibly you are hyper-sensitive. If it's real to you, it's a concern.

I squonk most of the time, never had a entire world of bottles have any "taste" I began with cheap Chinese squonks (back when that was a thing), and have vaped every bottle available it seems, with my favorites (BFX, Goldilocks) being chosen for feel and silicone thickness, not any "flavor". Cheaper bottles sometimes develop an odor after use, usually due to cheap flimsy silicone...like all the chinese bottles turning yellow...something that doesn't happen with nicer bottles.

please make sure it's not "gunk" in your 510 or below...it's not likely, but examine everything.

Hope you work it out somehow, good luck!
I know words...I have the best words.
#3 (permalink)      5/8/2021 11:12:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hry218
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 52
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos21
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

I have listened to Grimm Green say this...well, he used to say this, back when I still watched him. He claimed the silicone had a "taste"...I say nonsense, but possibly you are hyper-sensitive. If it's real to you, it's a concern.

I squonk most of the time, never had a entire world of bottles have any "taste" I began with cheap Chinese squonks (back when that was a thing), and have vaped every bottle available it seems, with my favorites (BFX, Goldilocks) being chosen for feel and silicone thickness, not any "flavor". Cheaper bottles sometimes develop an odor after use, usually due to cheap flimsy silicone...like all the chinese bottles turning yellow...something that doesn't happen with nicer bottles.

please make sure it's not "gunk" in your 510 or below...it's not likely, but examine everything.

Hope you work it out somehow, good luck!

I actually tried everything, I made my own squonk mods with modmaker and moddog 510 alongside my other used high-end mods (most of them purchased for cheap). So for mods I made myself the 510s are spanking new. They're all the same. Muted and no nic kick unless I'm dripping. I also tried to use silicone bottle to drip, haha of course it's the bottle. Maybe I'm somehow sensitive to the taste of silicone.

Edited on 5/8/2021 at 11:16 AM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      5/8/2021 1:34:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2766
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1462
That seems likely, some sort of sensitivity. Many doctors (like mine,lol) will tell you that the mind is the greatest obstacle to overcome, so I think your idea of switching to PE could work, almost like a "reset". If it works for you, you should be able to ease back into silicone, OR, maybe you'll be happier with the PE bottles...God knows I've got about 30 Sunbox and Vicious Ant plastic bottles...they will get the job done.

If I didn't squonk, I would have to use Billets and RTAs, dripping just never has fit for me (plus, all my RDAs leak out the bottom, lol) I really don't wash my bottles very often --I rinse them out. Occasionally I will soak stained bottles in a light bleach solution, maybe that could help? Also, juice? Is it a new bottle? It could be bad....IDK, just giving ideas!

Hope you get it figured out.
I know words...I have the best words.