shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

should i buy invoke 220 or charon tc218?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      2/1/2018 9:28:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ravuno
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 79
  • Kudos20
Consider the Drop as a 24mm - it’s great but the airflow will be very open for a single coil, but if you run it with dual coils, hot damn.

Currently using SKU 8951908 with 5 wraps in my Drop, it’s great!
#42 (permalink)      2/1/2018 1:01:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Travelman71
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 425
  • Reviews 234
  • Kudos227
Ravuno wrote:

Consider the Drop as a 24mm - it’s great but the airflow will be very open for a single coil, but if you run it with dual coils, hot damn.

Currently using SKU 8951908 with 5 wraps in my Drop, it’s great!

When you say 5 wrap with Flat wire thickness: 0.3mm, what inner diameter of coil and what does it ohm out at for dual coils?
Thanks

#43 (permalink)      2/1/2018 7:24:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
patrico1112
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2139
  • Reviews 436
  • Kudos1961
solksagen wrote:

ShahinJ wrote:
I'm considering the smoant charon though. Any thoughts?
Material Zinc Alloy
Width 59.5 mm
Product Weight 221 g

No thanks, though the Charon will probably be a good mod. Smoant is owned by Cloupor, and Cloupor have learned from huge mistakes made in the past like no other company has. Too late to get rid of of their bad reputation name, so they seem to have shifted their activities towards their sister/daughter company Smoant.

If the Wye is not your thing because of the 0.5 watt increments, how about the (recently relisted) Vapor Storm Storm230? SKU 9630496

Clopour hasn't learned a damn thing. Why do you think they changed their name? Read the reviews of the Battlestar. They cant even spell watt properly or design an accurate ohm reader. wtf is a walt anyway??? I ordered a Battlestar and had a Charon on my wish list. The terrible build quality of Battlestar convinced me to pass on Charon.

#44 (permalink)      2/1/2018 8:07:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rico300zx
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1167
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos337
patrico1112 wrote:

solksagen wrote:
ShahinJ wrote:
I'm considering the smoant charon though. Any thoughts?
Material Zinc Alloy
Width 59.5 mm
Product Weight 221 g

No thanks, though the Charon will probably be a good mod. Smoant is owned by Cloupor, and Cloupor have learned from huge mistakes made in the past like no other company has. Too late to get rid of of their bad reputation name, so they seem to have shifted their activities towards their sister/daughter company Smoant.

If the Wye is not your thing because of the 0.5 watt increments, how about the (recently relisted) Vapor Storm Storm230? SKU 9630496

Clopour hasn't learned a damn thing. Why do you think they changed their name? Read the reviews of the Battlestar. They cant even spell watt properly or design an accurate ohm reader. wtf is a walt anyway??? I ordered a Battlestar and had a Charon on my wish list. The terrible build quality of Battlestar convinced me to pass on Charon.

wait what was the major probs with the battlestar I liked it a lot, even have two of them

www.youtube.com/rico300zx (Hand Strength and Weight Lifting in case your interested)
#45 (permalink)      2/1/2018 8:38:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ravuno
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 79
  • Kudos20
Travelman71 wrote:
When you say 5 wrap with Flat wire thickness: 0.3mm, what inner diameter of coil and what does it ohm out at for dual coils?
Thanks[/quote]

3mm ID - .15 ohms @ dual coils :) The .2 thickness ohms out to .2 @ dual coils if you want a bit higher resistance.
#46 (permalink)      2/2/2018 9:47:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Travelman71
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 425
  • Reviews 234
  • Kudos227
3mm ID - .15 ohms @ dual coils :) The .2 thickness ohms out to .2 @ dual coils if you want a bit higher resistance.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply ... will order the 0.3 soon
#47 (permalink)      2/2/2018 11:23:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ravuno
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 76
  • Reviews 79
  • Kudos20
It's great, won't be using anything else for a while now that's for sure!
#48 (permalink)      2/2/2018 1:52:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShahinJ
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 569
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos133
Ok, so that eliminates the drop as an option. I still need a nice rda with a single coil airflow option to go with my grey camo vapor storm puma..

Here's the catch guys...

It can't have any engravings of faces or anything animate. Else I would have taken the goon, dead rabbit a long time ago. Well, the dead rabbit doesn't have a single coil option, so I would still have passed on it, but the goon 1.5 was a sure winner.

So I've got the mod, now just need the rda to go with it...

I already have a wasp, tm2, hadaly clone, mutation x, and a few more. But I don't have any rdas resembling the goon or dead rabbit. All my rdas are 22mm. So I want something a little different.

Pulse 22 would have been a contender, but the juice well is segregated. So it's ideal for squonking, but for dripping, if you don't drip right down the centre, it could be problematic.

It sucks, I know, all the good rdas have animate designs on them, so my options are very limited, but I know there must be one nice rda out there with my name on it...

So far I've checked out the haku, entheon, narda, and a range of other rdas, but nothing really appealed to me.

Hope you have something in mind for me please guys...

Edited on 2/3/2018 at 12:40 PM. Reason: corrected typos
#49 (permalink)      2/6/2018 9:11:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rico300zx
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1167
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos337
A lot of people really don’t like branding here but it’s not that bad is it? Most of the time it doesn’t bother me
www.youtube.com/rico300zx (Hand Strength and Weight Lifting in case your interested)
#50 (permalink)      2/6/2018 5:18:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShahinJ
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 569
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos133
rico300zx wrote:

A lot of people really don’t like branding here but it’s not that bad is it? Most of the time it doesn’t bother me

As long as it doesn't have any lifelike images, I don't mind. Although I do much prefer no branding at all. I'm the same about clothing too :) hehe.