shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Eleaf Invoke Door Problem
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      8/11/2018 7:13:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
GPG63
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
This fault started on mine exactly 2 weeks after getting it. It’s the perfect size for me and I’m really disappointed. I’m hoping for a V2, I’d buy another if this fault was sorted. In the mean time I guess I’ll try the ‘drill & screw’ fix suggested by Blue Vape (thanks 👍)
I use LG and FOGSTAR 18650’s, maybe I’ll buy a couple of Sony batteries before I drill.
UPDATE: I bought Sony batteries which made no difference. The battery door still pops open.
I guess some get lucky and have no problems while other fall from the unlucky tree. Unfortunately mine falls into the latter category.

Edited on 9/4/2018 at 7:53 AM. Reason: Tried Sony 18650’s
#12 (permalink)      8/31/2018 5:15:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rico300zx
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1169
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos337
piece of electricians tape? either way mine is fine
maybe they will post replacement parts one day and you can just get a new door frame and door assembly. try the hcigar wild wolf out too.amr.elnashar wrote:

is there any fix for this problem ?Eleaf Invoke Door Problem picture

www.youtube.com/rico300zx (Hand Strength and Weight Lifting in case your interested)
#13 (permalink)      9/19/2018 10:26:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jooxster
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 22
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos10
Same with door. I have numerous batteries from different manufacturers, but the door pops with all of them. Such a shame as the mod is a little winner with a great menu system and a good fit in the hand. The TC works well with 316L.

This should really have been sorted by now - lots of disappointed people out there, and as far as I know, the only mod with bottom battery loading that fails to deliver.

I've written to Eleaf for a replacement door and frame and they replied that it's not an item they provide. I sent pictures, but they wouldn't budge.

Every now and then a mod comes along that just suits me - the Invoke is one of those mods and I would love to buy a couple more, but no way with the door fault. I've had to revert to the 'drill a hole' method. It looks super neat, but in all fairness, the batteries are best left in which is a disadvantage.

Come on FastTech - use your influence and get this problem solved - please.
#14 (permalink)      9/19/2018 11:24:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rico300zx
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1169
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos337
Well I just picked up another one. Beside drilling a hole or a piece of tape, does anyone have any other ideas?
www.youtube.com/rico300zx (Hand Strength and Weight Lifting in case your interested)
#15 (permalink)      9/20/2018 3:17:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Currie
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos8
Yep probably best to leave the batteries in. I put an elastic band around mine (5 months old) to keep my door closed. Other problem is because the door slides across the top of the batteries the insulation eventually wears off the top of the + battery terminal. I had one that completely wore off, shorted on the charger, knackered the nitecore new i4 charger and the battery.

Edited on 9/20/2018 at 3:28 PM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      10/15/2018 12:55:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
GPG63
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
I have to post huge THANK YOU to FastTech!
I contacted customer support regarding the Invoke door fault. Firstly I was offered a $4 credit which I refused. That was then followed up with an offer of $8 credit, again I did not accept. Customer support then agreed to send me a replacement free of charge as my purchase was within the warranty period.....result!
The two week fail time of my last Invoke has passed and all is well so far. My fingers are firmly crossed this new mod battery door holds up.
Once again, thank you FastTech.
#17 (permalink)      11/15/2018 1:02:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rico300zx
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1169
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos337
GPG63 wrote:

I contacted customer support regarding the Invoke door fault. Firstly I was offered a $4 credit which I refused. That was then followed up with an offer of $8 credit, again I did not accept. Customer support then agreed to send me a replacement free of charge as my purchase was within the warranty period.....result!
The two week fail time of my last Invoke has passed and all is well so far. My fingers are firmly crossed this new mod battery door holds up.

its one month later, hows the new mod working?

#18 (permalink)      11/15/2018 5:54:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
GPG63
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
rico300zx wrote:

GPG63 wrote:
its one month later, hows the new mod working?

The replacement mod is working faultlessly!
No problem with the battery door & im using 3 different battery makes. If your mod has a faulty battery door I would consider buying another. I guess it’s a gamble but I love this thing & now have an invoke I use every day without faults. My faith in Eleaf has been restored.

#19 (permalink)      12/15/2018 7:30:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
xeony
  • JoinedAug 2016
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos0
Einfach mit 1.Zange in der Mitte der Tür unten -
Hacken abbrechen.Die 2.Zapfen an den Seiten hinten reichen zum verriegeln aus.

Edited on 12/15/2018 at 10:55 AM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      12/15/2018 7:41:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
xeony
  • JoinedAug 2016
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos0
510 Anschluss undicht ! Tür Batterie viele Fehler.

Edited on 12/16/2018 at 7:16 AM. Reason:
#21 (permalink)      12/15/2018 8:44:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
xeony
  • JoinedAug 2016
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos0
Hacken unten Mitte mit Zange wegbrechen ! Zapfen hinten an Tür reichen aus.

Edited on 12/16/2018 at 6:47 AM. Reason: