shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

SteelSeries Rival 300 stopped working after 6 months
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/26/2020 5:56:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jagodinac
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos0
SteelSeries Rival 300 stopped working after 6 months
So, after 6 months of my genuine satisfaction of using this mouse, it just stopped working. It looses the RGB light and a sensor light and not responding.

I was trying to fix it by changing the USB port on the PC, it starts working again but just for a while and then it stops working again. I have even started using it on different computers with or without it's software. But it was all in vain - it just stops working. Sometimes it works perfectly for a while and then drops dead or just simply does not wake up.

Basically I am double upset.
First of all, it is perfect mouse and I am sorry to loose it.
Secondly, I have paid for such a great and famous mouse (SteelSeries is one very respectable brand) and after only 6 months it stopped working. This should not happen no matter what! It was never hit or damaged or fell to the floor or anything like that and I was keeping it as a special and precious item.

First question is: Have anyone else experienced anything similar?
Second: Is there any way to fix this? To make it work again...
Third: Do I have a right for some compensation from a seller?

Thanx! Cheers!
#2 (permalink)      9/29/2020 3:10:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jagodinac
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos0
SteelSeries support works just great! In a matter of hours they have answered me and first solution is to reset the mouse. It goes like this:

1) Unplug your mouse.

2) Hold down the left, right, and CPI (the button directly under the mouse wheel) buttons together

3) Plug your mouse back in. (Or turn on if wireless). Continue holding buttons for 5 seconds until the LEDs on the mouse blink.

And it looks like it works!
#3 (permalink)      9/30/2020 12:26:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jagodinac
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos0
But it's not working!
So here is the next thing to do - clean reinstall of the SSE and mouse drivers.

1) Make sure your SteelSeries Engine is up to date. Install the latest version if you have not already. It's very important that the latest version of SteelSeries Engine is installed PRIOR to taking the next steps. Please find the latest version at: http://steelseries.com/engine

2) Go to Device Manager

3) Find the device in the device tree

4) Right click and select "Properties"
4a) If there is a second or multiple entries related to the device, you will need to repeat this process.

5) Click "Driver" on the top toolbar and select "Uninstall (Advanced)" at the bottom.

6) Ensure the checkbox is checked and uninstall the driver.

7) Select Uninstall Device.

8) Once this is done, replug the device and the driver will reinstall

Did this and will let you know if it worked
#4 (permalink)      10/17/2020 5:10:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jagodinac
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos0
It is not working, after all the things I have tried. So, it was working for 6 - 7 months...