shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

21700 mod size lineup
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/7/2021 6:17:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2766
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1462
+3 details
21700 mod size lineup
This mod came today. Late to the party? Sure. But better late than never I suppoose, and it does look good, all matte black and carbon fiber-y! Typical Asmodus quality feel, heavy and solid. I can't find a single magnet but the C door stays tight. It appears they used the same translucent fire button from the Lustro, but I've found no LED effect. The mod feels powerful and fires quickly. It has a thin rubberized coat that feels nice and a very lightly cushioned carbon fiber pattern grip. Will attract fans of the Jackaroo single and/or Mag Grip mods....it feels like a mix of the two.

Here's most of my 21700 mods. Missing my Mag Grip, it's at work.
Smallest? SXK SLGT. The tall one? That's the new Boxer 100C. I was told one of the concessions of getting the proto chips was they didn't know exact size when the mod was designed, so they made it a little taller than to what we will become accustomed.

Edited on 5/8/2021 at 4:04 AM. Reason:
I know words...I have the best words.
#2 (permalink)      5/8/2021 12:43:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6575
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9681
+2 details
Only if you pay the $18 it is being sold for recently on some sites.... Not $46.69 !!
#3 (permalink)      5/8/2021 2:47:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2766
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1462
+1 details
The price is fair here at FT, and lower than other comparable mods with much less quality. I hope other readers are aware of sales other vendors have, but I removed that info -- users will have to search out their own sales.

Quite solid little guy (its not little, not big...firmly in between). It will hold a 28mm Atty and look fine, but that's it. The touch screen works fine, and locks the adjustment features behind a "swipe to unlock" feature...it does provide for a clean looking mod -- just a screen and fire button, nothing else. Battery life overnight has been excellent, with 71 puffs at 32 watts showing 80% battery left. After owning this for a day, I feel it's safe to say this mod is typical Asmodus above average quality, and easily worth 45.00. I have been anticipating the Hellvape Arez, but it costs 48.00, and there is literally no way it can be better! The best I can hope for is the Arez matching up evenly...and possibly being smaller or lighter(aluminum body)

,...but it's doubtful with Hellvape's unproven mod record...we will see!

Edited on 5/8/2021 at 2:48 AM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      5/8/2021 4:22:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6575
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9681
+1 details
It is a good mod, I can’t fault mine.

Sub $30 though.
#5 (permalink)      5/9/2021 10:29:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2766
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1462
Welp, didn't take long to find a weakness of the Amighty. The thin rubberized coat sctratches very easily, showing off the shiny metal underneath. One morning working and I have one large shiny metal area, half the size of a dime, on one side of the battery cover, and a single long scratch on the opposite side.

Might not be an issue if she's a shelf queen, or a domesticated house mod, but not fit for active duty. This thing will look like shit in a week's time at this rate. the actual body has not suffered, so maybe the door is thinly coated, or the coating was applied to a wet frame...either way, a disappointment, at any price.

EDIT: I should have been more clear...I did not drop the mod or knock it over, the "damage" was from sliding the mod in and out of my pocket throughout the past 4 hours. The coating is acting much like the old Praxis vapor Banshee, where you can rub the coating off with your thumb, and scratch into it with a fingernail.

Oh well, it's durable feeling and solid...just won't be pretty.

Edited on 5/9/2021 at 10:44 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      5/9/2021 11:55:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6575
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9681
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

The price is fair here at FT

Richy7 wrote:

Only if you pay the $18 it is being sold for recently on some sites.... Not $46.69 !!

So sub $30 or $18 it is then !!

#7 (permalink)      5/9/2021 3:38:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2766
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1462
Richy7 wrote:

I can’t fault mine.