shopping cart empty
Lost In Translation
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/23/2021 11:41:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuroraPlasma
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 39
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos8
+1 details
Lost In Translation
They actually stamped "assorber" on the unit. Hilarious!

But yeah, my job is safety in the construction industry. Never use any kind of fall arrestor system without an energy absorbing (not assorbing) lanyard. If you don't have one your corpse will look fine however your organs will be creamed corn and poop nuggets.

Fun fact, almost 1/3 of workers who hit the ground and die are wearing FallPro systems which are not properly connected to a secure lifeline. What a great way to finish the day. And after all the fuss settles down guess who has to fill out thousands of forms and pieces of paperwork. Yup, me. That's why I scream at those fukrs to do it right...because I care.
#2 (permalink)      1/23/2021 3:54:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 11314
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos31279
+1 details
Yup, looks like a cheap ass pressed steel copy of a cheap ascender, better off with a prusik hitch. Or just get a grigri.
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#3 (permalink)      1/24/2021 4:22:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4051
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4338
Andy.lion wrote:

Yup, looks like a cheap ass pressed steel copy of a cheap ascender, better off with a prusik hitch. Or just get a grigri.

At first glance, I thought it was an ascender as well. I have a pair of similar looking ones, that I DYI'd foot loops onto, crossing the loops from L/R. They work well, and are very quiet, and easy on the outer braid.

It would probably work as an ascender, you can't attach it mid rope though.

Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department