[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

NO TASTE
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/21/2022 11:07:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
e.beta2
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
NO TASTE
RECEIVED LITTLE, BUILT AND TESTED
IT MAKES STEAM BUT TASTE COMPLETELY CLEARED
ZERO HIT.
does anyone have similar experience?
#2 (permalink)      2/21/2022 12:09:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 830
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos754
No - I've never had any problem with this tank and used it daily for over a year without problems, I only stopped using it when I replaced it with a 2021 version which is essentially the same but not as prone to minor leaks through the 510.

I think it is either the juice you are using, vapers tongue or you've bought a dud.
#3 (permalink)      2/21/2022 12:38:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
e.beta2
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
thanks for your answer
i tested the liquid on other atom, i also thought i was wrong.
instead it is the kayfun.
i believe they sent me a defective or non sxk model
#4 (permalink)      2/21/2022 1:56:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3018
+1 details
coil may be placed too high, and the draw may be too tight. either, or both of those things have been known to cause flavor drop-off. Manufacturer has no effect on a simple clone like this - all available Kayfuns will perform the same, at least the ones sold here and at other respectable vendors.

I don't vape Kayfuns, as as far back as V4, I've never been impressed with the lackluster flavor reproduction. Some will say otherwise, but regardless, the Dvarw is simpler and overall much better.
What does he mean when he says words?
#5 (permalink)      2/21/2022 7:43:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11492
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5981
e.beta2 wrote:

thanks for your answer
i tested the liquid on other atom, i also thought i was wrong.
instead it is the kayfun.
i believe they sent me a defective or non sxk model

Hi, e.beta2,

Sorry to hear about the issue. SKU 9690301 is the SXK KF Lite 2019 Styled RTA, we should send the SXK version if there is no shipping mistake. Can you send pictures to us to confirm? About the "no taste" issue, we have asked SXK for help, they may don't think the RTA will cause the no taste issue.:( We will keep you updated in the ticket. Thank you.

Edited on 2/21/2022 at 8:11 PM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      2/21/2022 8:33:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11057
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6921
@annie

"Zero taste" is not a manufacturer or item issue. The issue is with the owner and his ability to use the item.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#7 (permalink)      2/21/2022 8:50:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
steamer861
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 112
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos103
carrion4worm wrote:

I don't vape Kayfuns, as as far back as V4, I've never been impressed with the lackluster flavor reproduction. Some will say otherwise, but regardless, the Dvarw is simpler and overall much better.

Yes! Some will say otherwise! But thats their opinion! My question is how is the Dvarw easier? You have to pull the wicks up to get the plastic chamber over it, being careful not to trap the wick below the plastic & then position your wick, finally put the cap on the chamber! How is that easier than a K-F?

#8 (permalink)      2/21/2022 9:12:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
e.beta2
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Thanks everyone for the answers.
@Annie I take photos and place on tickets.
@ carogna4worm I'll try to build reel differently and update you.
I used kayfun clone taken here on fasttech, the first model, it was fantastic.
#9 (permalink)      2/21/2022 9:13:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 830
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos754
+1 details
You will get a different answer to which MTL RTA is better from every vaper you speak to. There are many fanboys of the Kayfuns, Taifuns, Dvarws. Doggystyles and many, many more lol.

The only advice I can give that may be useful is to experiment with coil height, adjusting the air adjustment screw for a tighter or more open airflow (that is INSIDE the 510) and the power settings as a few more/or less Watts can make a noticeable difference. As you are getting little flavour I would try positioning the coil approximately one to two mm above the air inlet and raise the power slightly - then try adjusting the airflow to taste.

The Kayfun lite is a personal favourite, but I only vape fruit flavours.
#10 (permalink)      2/22/2022 12:12:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
steamer861
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 112
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos103
Just to add to Crispycritters advise, your wick mite be too tight. It should pull thru your coil nice and easy & not be packet tight in the well :)
#11 (permalink)      2/22/2022 12:19:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
e.beta2
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
I inserted the photos in the tiket.
I clarify that I do not want to criticize fasttech, I have been a customer for years and I have been happy almost always, for example the pumpkin atom
https://m.fasttech.com/p/8425300
it really is phenomenal and so are other items like threads, wicks and whatever else I have purchased.
I am an expert user, I know how to rebuild and operate atom, I have been using electronic cigarettes since 2009!