shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Beware
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/22/2021 5:22:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Browserle
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 33
  • Reviews 68
  • Kudos11
+3 details
Beware
This clone looks good and works well according to the reviews. The price is also tempting. But I didn't buy one.

Because the chimney of this clone is made of aluminum and heated aluminum could cause health problems, FastTech should remove this item from its offer as soon as possible.

By the way, this applies to all clones of a Zeus X with an aluminum chimney offered here.

Stay healthy, don't take unnecessary risks and in this case better buy an original.
#2 (permalink)      4/22/2021 9:33:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+6 details
Even if it's heated at 300C degrees on a mod aluminium is safe. Like steel, aluminum becomes weaker as the temperature rises but aluminum melts at only about 1,260C degrees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#3 (permalink)      4/22/2021 9:38:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11033
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17081
+2 details
I bought about 7 authentic Zeus X, I believe.

Lost a couple, broke 1 upon dropping it and was never able to get it open again but still using 2 authentic Zeus about 3 years later.

The two clones i purchased lasted...maybe 3-4 weeks of constant use. If that.
#4 (permalink)      4/26/2021 7:06:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tonypp
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2664
  • Reviews 217
  • Kudos1708
I bought this Zeus for a friend, it's his only tank, used daily, and still going a year later.
I re-coiled it for him last week, and there is literally nothing wrong with it.
We've replaced glass tanks along the way, but that's it.

Edited on 4/26/2021 at 7:08 AM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      4/26/2021 7:26:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 177
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos26
Beware of ..."Man-Bear-Pig"..
#6 (permalink)      4/26/2021 8:18:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Browserle
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 33
  • Reviews 68
  • Kudos11
You greedy "experts" and "doctors" really don't understand anything at all. I wanted to give you a well-intentioned tip. I have nothing to criticize about the RTA except the aluminum used. But I don't care that you might get lung cancer in a few years. Have fun all the fools who don't care about their health and only think as far as the backyard fence. And all because they want to save $10. Now you can all add your two cents again. I'm amused about people who like to pull aluminum fumes deep into their lungs and even defend this clueless behavior :-)
#7 (permalink)      4/26/2021 8:36:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2556
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375
+2 details
I am thinking along the same lines....assuming this is "pure aluminum" is 100% folly. It is an amalgam of several recycled alloys, with enough Aluminum to call it such on a basic level. The fact is no one knows, and this measure was done as a cost-cutting measure, which ALWAYS means trouble to consumers.

No, it's not going to melt down your throat, lol....but there are valid concerns here.

I wouldn't buy any atty that wasn't stainless steel on purpose. You shouldn't either.
I know words...I have the best words.
#8 (permalink)      4/26/2021 12:29:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13072
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos20708
Well gosh, Shelagh didn't die from using one and dj sez its ok sooooo, it must be fine. Right? Aluminum is your friend.

Zeus X is 3 years old? Time flies.
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#9 (permalink)      4/26/2021 12:56:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6535
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9631
+2 details
Or you could just get an improved version of the Zeus X.

OXVA Arbiter. SKU 9735788 In stock with black O rings elsewhere.
#10 (permalink)      4/26/2021 1:00:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JayJayMcKlay
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 380
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos313
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

I am thinking along the same lines....assuming this is "pure aluminum" is 100% folly. It is an amalgam of several recycled alloys, with enough Aluminum to call it such on a basic level. The fact is no one knows, and this measure was done as a cost-cutting measure, which ALWAYS means trouble to consumers.

No, it's not going to melt down your throat, lol....but there are valid concerns here.

I wouldn't buy any atty that wasn't stainless steel on purpose. You shouldn't either.

So what the differences between that and the grades of Stainless Steel?

The internet used to be all about spreading and sharing knowledge, but today it seems that it's mostly about spreading ignorance.
#11 (permalink)      4/26/2021 1:25:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2556
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375
JayJayMcKlay wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:

So what the differences between that and the grades of Stainless Steel?

Well you kinda answered your own question...grades. Alloys by definition contain more than 1 metal, but you are thinking smart...As far as the differences between s.s. and aluminum, companies do it ONLY to save money because it's cheaper to buy alloy, and it's much softer, which saves on tooling and cutting costs, as well as just being faster, allowing more product to be made in the same time. Stainless can be PAINFULLY slow to machine without chatter or rub, and can overheat carbide bits quite easily.

Edited on 4/26/2021 at 1:34 PM. Reason:
I know words...I have the best words.