shopping cart empty
Interesting idea
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/6/2019 4:08:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JasonC1970
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 209
  • Reviews 435
  • Kudos61
+1 details
Interesting idea
Well I'm curious to see a couple of reviews of this on YT to see how this performs, the concept seems sound but as we all know practical real world usage tends to find flaws in what would otherwise seem a good product.
"Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and they usually stink"
#2 (permalink)      12/6/2019 5:32:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4612
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos4484
+2 details

Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#3 (permalink)      12/6/2019 7:22:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1227
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos934
+1 details
JasonC1970 wrote:

Well I'm curious to see a couple of reviews of this on YT to see how this performs, the concept seems sound but as we all know practical real world usage tends to find flaws in what would otherwise seem a good product.

Yeah, I've been curious about this one too.

However, flaws as often as not tend to be with the user as much as the kit. Not that anyone will ever admit to that... 😉

#4 (permalink)      12/6/2019 9:16:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 29437
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos23184
+1 details
It's the first mesh coil design I've seen that might be usable at low watts but I'm not quite there.

- It looks a little too airy for me even with the MTL insert but that's just speculation
- Where are the replacement coils?
- How do you low watt MTL a 0.18 ohm mesh coil?

Edited on 12/6/2019 at 9:18 AM. Reason:
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're a fallacy impaired liar. You're simply not worthy of my attention, sorry about your luck.
#5 (permalink)      12/8/2019 6:05:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wactac
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos10
+2 details
I like the idea of a MTL RDA, especially a squonkable one. The reviewers i find are all unbelievable at this time as I took the advice of my favorite reviewers and been sadly disappointed more than a few times. Now a days, i just look at the pics and impulse buy what i want.
This looks like a pass to me. You have to squeeze the cotton fairly tight against the mesh and then the juice has to wick up a fair bit to get to the top.
Ideally, when you squonk, if it came out of the backer that sits against the cotton, it would be a real game changer.
I'll wait for version 2, which might be the case.
#6 (permalink)      12/29/2019 6:52:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
filorp
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 246
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos64
+1 details
Normally with mesh rda/rta you have to build keeping in mind the necessity of cotton being excessively saturated otherwise you asking for the dry hit, which in case of mesh is the nastiest thing in entire vaping world. That necessity causes that the flavour becomes vastly degraded. I do not know how this one will perform, hope that tweaking the cotton tightness would allow for optima performance.
#7 (permalink)      12/31/2019 11:24:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2157
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos2281
+1 details
I bought 2 elsewhere, should be here in a couple of days will update with a review.
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#8 (permalink)      12/31/2019 11:57:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bensooft
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4811
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos3163
+1 details
Please do.

-Looking at the atty, the strip of mesh it uses is small and quite narrow, plus the clamp behind the cotton has a vertical pattern to it that leaves half of the cotton less compressed, it looks like wicking shouldn't be an issue.
#9 (permalink)      1/1/2020 1:17:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2157
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos2281
+1 details
bensooft wrote:

Please do.

-Looking at the atty, the strip of mesh it uses is small and quite narrow, plus the clamp behind the cotton has a vertical pattern to it that leaves half of the cotton less compressed, it looks like wicking shouldn't be an issue.

Yup

“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#10 (permalink)      1/1/2020 1:43:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3898
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4228
+2 details
filorp wrote:

Normally with mesh rda/rta you have to build keeping in mind the necessity of cotton being excessively saturated otherwise you asking for the dry hit, which in case of mesh is the nastiest thing in entire vaping world. That necessity causes that the flavour becomes vastly degraded. I do not know how this one will perform, hope that tweaking the cotton tightness would allow for optima performance.

I would have agreed with you until I grabbed a Vandy Vape Mesh 24 tank at the local shop, they were on clearance for $10. Fantastic flavor, no brainer wicking, and a useful range for power between 35-90 watts. Also the first atty I've found that has top airflow that is amazingly smooth and quiet, and even works great as a dripper. The mesh pulses clean, A little bigger would have been nice though.

Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#11 (permalink)      1/2/2020 8:21:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
filorp
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 246
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos64
+1 details
I agree with you, forgot to mention that I do not use the type of mesh usually included in the package. I use traditional 350 or 400 mesh that I still have in abundance from the times when ss mesh ruled the genesis style atomizers (2014-2015). with this type of mesh the flavour is different. The new mesh is pointless IMHO as the flavour and general perception is very similar to traditional coils and what I am after is dry type of vapour , one can achieve that only by using very fine mesh or thin wire. I'll be using with this one 400 mesh at max 10W as everything above 20W for me is the sign of insanity and it's a wrong path taken by vaping industry in general.